Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,397 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
May 28, 2021, 6:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....neca-jab-family-says

FFS 44 fit and healthy and dead for no reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 487
Humbercod
May 28, 2021, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Neil Ferguson has spoken! June 21st now looking at risk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 487
Stadium
May 28, 2021, 10:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Humbercod
Neil Ferguson has spoken! June 21st now looking at risk.

Oh but hold on :

Robert Dingwall, professor of sociology at Nottingham Trent University and a member of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), told Times Radio that the people being admitted to hospital are "predominantly unvaccinated" and it was "hard to see any reason" why June 21 could not go ahead.

🤣🤣

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 487
Humbercod
May 28, 2021, 5:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Oh but hold on :

Robert Dingwall, professor of sociology at Nottingham Trent University and a member of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), told Times Radio that the people being admitted to hospital are "predominantly unvaccinated" and it was "hard to see any reason" why June 21 could not go ahead.

🤣🤣

Bloody anti-vaxxers😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 487
KingstonMariner
May 29, 2021, 12:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57260463 Here’s an example of a proper public spirited man. The sort you want on your side. Someone with moral fibre. One with confidence in rationality and real science.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57260463

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 487
DB
May 29, 2021, 7:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from KingstonMariner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57260463 Here’s an example of a proper public spirited man. The sort you want on your side. Someone with moral fibre. One with confidence in rationality and real science.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57260463

In the words of Victor Meldrew 'I couldn't believe it'.

Kingston praising Jesus Christ, whose life story has shone into the heart of Rev Tim Hatwell. A proper public-spirited Christian who you would want on your side. A man who has faith and belief in Jesus Christ.

There is a scripture that goes along the lines of 'There will be joy and singing in heaven at the repentance on a sinner'.

I sincerely hope that joy will be extended to you for pointing out the virtues of a Christian.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 487
Stadium
June 2, 2021, 9:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Nearly 40 per cent of recently registered Covid deaths in England and Wales were people who died primarily from another condition, latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

Out of 107 Covid deaths registered in the week ending May 21, just 66 had the virus recorded as the underlying cause of death – 61.7 per cent.

For the rest of the cases, although coronavirus was mentioned on the death certificate it was not a major cause.

It is the lowest number of deaths with Covid as the underlying cause since the week ending March 13 2020 – the first week that deaths involving Covid were registered in England and Wales, when just five registrations were listed.

The ONS continues to include those who did not primarily die of Covid in its official statistics, even though the World Health Organisation (WHO) has issued guidance warning they should not be classified as Covid deaths in official figures.
The data lends support to claims that although cases have been rising in Britain in recent weeks, due largely to the Indian variant, that is not so far translating into a significant increase in deaths.

On Tuesday, the Government announced the first day without any Covid deaths since before the first lockdown in March last year.

Indian variant hotspots such as Bolton, North Tyneside, Rossendale, Hyndburn and Bedford are showing declines in cases or hospital admissions, while increases in Blackburn appear to be slowing.

Sir John Bell, a leading member of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine team, urged the Government to stick to the unlocking roadmap and ensure that we "move on" rather than delay reopening due to new variants.

The University of Oxford professor of medicine told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If we scamper down a rabbit hole every time we see a new variant, we're going to spend a long time huddled away."

He cautioned that Covid "is here to stay probably forever", and said that the Government should focus on managing "hospitalisations, serious disease and deaths" rather than cases.
The weekly ONS data show that Covid is now mentioned in only around one in 90 death registrations in England and Wales – the equivalent of just 1.1 per cent of all deaths registered in the week.

It is the lowest proportion since the week ending Sept 11, when the figure was 1.0 per cent. At the peak of the second wave, in the week ending Jan 29, the figure stood at 45.7 per cent.

The number of Covid deaths registered in England and Wales in the most recent week, to May 21, is also the lowest since the week to Sept 11.

Prof Kevin McConway, emeritus professor of applied statistics at The Open University, said: "On deaths involving Covid-19, the picture is very positive. In the most recent week, 107 deaths were registered in England and Wales that had Covid-19 on the death certificate, and 66 had Covid-19 classified as the underlying cause of death.

"Earlier in the pandemic, any sustained increase in new cases or hospital admissions would lead inevitably to increases in deaths a few weeks later.

"That process won't occur in the same way now, because of the effect of vaccination on reducing serious illness, though it's not yet entirely clear what the new pattern might be or how new variants might play a role."

Covid deaths among people aged 70 and over have fallen by 99 per cent since the second-wave peak, PA analysis also shows. Just 51 deaths in this age group occurred in England and Wales in the week ending May 14, down from 7,426 in the week ending Jan 22.

Deaths for those aged 65 to 69 fell by 97 per cent in the same period, and for those aged 60 to 64 the drop is 98 per cent.

The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending May 21 was 9,860, 304 fewer than the previous week and 3.2 per cent below the five-year average.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 487
Les Brechin
June 8, 2021, 1:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Had my 2nd jab on Sunday. No side effects at all so far, not even an aching arm.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 487
cmackenzie4
June 8, 2021, 2:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
That’s good news Les, is that the AstraZeneca jab? I have mine Saturday (2nd Jab) I was lousy after the first Jab.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 487
DB
June 8, 2021, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That’s good news Les, is that the AstraZeneca jab? I have mine Saturday (2nd Jab) I was lousy after the first Jab.

I've had both my jabs, A Z with no side effects from either. Hope all goes well for you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.