Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 36 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,506 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
June 4, 2023, 11:52am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,600
Gold Stars: 177
Do you even know what nukes are?
Private Message
Reply: 480 - 545
Mappers
June 4, 2023, 1:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,502
Gold Stars: 120
Yeah I remember from Command &Conquer .

I know they did not technically nuke it but they did a good job of destroying a country .

Does any labour fan actually not think Tony Blair was a wrong un ?

And does any Conservative think Boris or Dodgy Dave Cameron were not wrong uns to ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 481 - 545
Limerick Mariner
June 4, 2023, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Mappers
Yeah I remember from Command &Conquer .

I know they did not technically nuke it but they did a good job of destroying a country .

Does any labour fan actually not think Tony Blair was a wrong un ?

And does any Conservative think Boris or Dodgy Dave Cameron were not wrong uns to ?

Blair completely fecked an otherwise pretty good legacy by becoming Bush junior's bag carrier for the war. Blair closed the Northern Ireland peace deal, brought in the minimum wage, massively enhanced LGBT rights and devolution and although much criticised at the time for the state the of the NHS, just look at it now, it makes 2007 look like health service nirvana.

It will take years to get it back to access to GP and A and E and operation waiting times we had in 2007.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 482 - 545
Mappers
June 4, 2023, 5:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Fair mate , a lot more knowledge than me .

Was Mrs May a wrong un or a good one ?
What about John Major and Gordon Brown were they any good ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 483 - 545
Limerick Mariner
June 4, 2023, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
May’s ill-judged alliance with the religious fascist party (aka DUP) led to Johnson shambles. We’d all have been better off if she’d win that election with a small majority because quite a lot the Tory MPs at that point would have voted for a soft Brexit.

Brown had some unfortunate social conservative views and an abrasive personality which led Clegg to make the terrible decision to prop up Cameron instead of a Labour government.

Although I was in despair when he beat Kinnock, history shows Major to be a decent bloke shafted by swivel eyed right wingers in his own party. He also started the process that led to the Good Friday Agreement.

As a person who has always voted tactically for either the Labour Party or Liberals, I still blame the Labour Party for the state of the country though. They elected the wrong Milliband as leader. That single event has done most to wreck this country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 484 - 545
Mappers
June 5, 2023, 9:09am
Champagne Drinker
Thanks mate  .

I suppose calling them all wrong uns is maybe a bit harsh , it's more the fact they seemingly all preach promises then rarely deliver , I have always thought it would be easier to talk about more deliverable ideas ?

How have they made it so I can't see a dentist unless i pay 300 or £400 quid ?

20 years ago it did not seem a problem to have an NHS one,easily available .

Why did all the team leave want us out so badly ?
And why did that Dodgy Dave put it to a vote if it would be such a bad thing for us , seems a suicidal decision ; surely he should have seen it through to rather than bottling it and walking away ?

Sorry if basic questions , but maybe I can improve my political knowledge through the Fishy lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 485 - 545
mariner91
June 5, 2023, 9:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,767
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Mappers

But if we had stayed  in they would hsve messed that up to and then the other side of the argument would have just been saying we should have left at this point.

The only thing I know about labour is Blair backed up his mate and dropped  nukes on a country that had 'weapons of mass destruction ' even though they were not even there and wiped it out . Hardly gives you confidence they would make any better decisions than the other lot .

Maybe the yellow one's deserve a go instead -convies i think they are called ?

I'm pretty certain that never happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 486 - 545
codcheeky
June 5, 2023, 10:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
May’s ill-judged alliance with the religious fascist party (aka DUP) led to Johnson shambles. We’d all have been better off if she’d win that election with a small majority because quite a lot the Tory MPs at that point would have voted for a soft Brexit.

Brown had some unfortunate social conservative views and an abrasive personality which led Clegg to make the terrible decision to prop up Cameron instead of a Labour government.

Although I was in despair when he beat Kinnock, history shows Major to be a decent bloke shafted by swivel eyed right wingers in his own party. He also started the process that led to the Good Friday Agreement.

As a person who has always voted tactically for either the Labour Party or Liberals, I still blame the Labour Party for the state of the country though. They elected the wrong Milliband as leader. That single event has done most to wreck this country.

I can’t see anyway Ed miliband was responsible for anything, or his election as leader. Perhaps you blame Labour for not winning but to blame them for 13 years of Tory policy is madness and exactly what the Tory press want you think.
Private Message
Reply: 487 - 545
chaos33
June 5, 2023, 11:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362
Exactly.

And as for what John Major thinks - well he was proven absolutely correct in what he said pre-referendum about Brexit. And he is a man with a very well informed opinion, in painful contrast to the wreckers, incompetents, grifters and charlatans on the leave side.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 488 - 545
Mappers
June 5, 2023, 11:24am
Champagne Drinker
If the majority agree it was a mistake we left ,can't we just go back in the EU?

Or is it permanent we are out ,no way of re-joining?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 489 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.