Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
DB and 9 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,387 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
June 6, 2023, 2:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
I'd guess that most people in the UK come out in the libertarian left quadrant of things. Older generations probably a bit close to the centre lines, perhaps nudging past them slightly. Youngsters probably further towards the far corners.

I've just done it myself for the first time in a long while - lots of the questions very much to do with US-style religious fervour which almost certainly isn't particularly commonplace on this side of the pond. The evangelical Christian right in the US would probably score around the same as an Islamicist from the Middle East, thought they would perhaps be more likely to think that corporations can do no wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 510 - 545
ginnywings
June 6, 2023, 2:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mappers
Libertarian left it's come out with, I am sort of in the middle of that , what does that mean then?

Don't vote Tory would be my advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 511 - 545
Mappers
June 6, 2023, 3:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,435
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from ginnywings

Don't vote Tory would be my advice.

I have literally never voted in my life , the next one i will give it a go based on the opinion of you all on this thread .

It seems a shame there seems to only be 2 electable parties though , not much choice - if you don't like either there is no one else with a realistic chance of winning is there ?

Do you just vote for the one you least hate then ?

What is the biggest problem now then - The Tories or Brexit ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 512 - 545
Limerick Mariner
June 6, 2023, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,735
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Maringer
I'd guess that most people in the UK come out in the libertarian left quadrant of things. Older generations probably a bit close to the centre lines, perhaps nudging past them slightly. Youngsters probably further towards the far corners.

I've just done it myself for the first time in a long while - lots of the questions very much to do with US-style religious fervour which almost certainly isn't particularly commonplace on this side of the pond. The evangelical Christian right in the US would probably score around the same as an Islamicist from the Middle East, thought they would perhaps be more likely to think that corporations can do no wrong.

A majority Lib Left yes. Yet the Jacob Rees Mogg types still get elected…by the 40% of the 60% that vote…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 513 - 545
Mappers
June 7, 2023, 6:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,435
Gold Stars: 119
Maybe people like me are the 'wrong uns' then who just don't vote .

I did find some of the questions interesting on the quiz , some I have thought about before I think my main political slogans would be ' help within reason' and 'freedom within reason '

I don't get the abortion thing ,assuming that's an American related question , I would say it should always be the womans free choice ; but obviously some must disagree with that .

And there was a question about employment along the lines of 'if you are fit to work should you be forced to ? '
Definately for me , but I also think benefits for people who actually need them are too hard to access and restrictions & paperwork etc too much .

I think the pension system is poor too , how can anyone survive on £600 a month or whatever it is , if you have not got a substantial private pension you have to work longer or penny pinch  - surely there would be a better way to have more income for when you retire ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 514 - 545
grimsby pete
June 7, 2023, 11:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
When living in GRIMSBY /  Cleethorpes I always voted labour.

Since moving down to Suffolk and seeing a better standard of living I turned to the Cons.

BUT

Listening to all their lies and behaviour over the last few years I will not vote for them again.

After giving up driving and going abroad I do not have a photo I D. and can not be arsed.to get one.

So no voting for me for the time I have got left.

Just been told I will not get any better health wise so watching sport on the telly and trying to ignore the politics is what I will do.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 515 - 545
DB
June 8, 2023, 5:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,050
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from grimsby pete
When living in GRIMSBY /  Cleethorpes I always voted labour.

Since moving down to Suffolk and seeing a better standard of living I turned to the Cons.

BUT

Listening to all their lies and behaviour over the last few years I will not vote for them again.

After giving up driving and going abroad I do not have a photo I D. and can not be arsed.to get one.

So no voting for me for the time I have got left.

Just been told I will not get any better health wise so watching sport on the telly and trying to ignore the politics is what I will do.

You ask for a postal vote, so you don't need an ID card.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 516 - 545
Maringer
June 8, 2023, 7:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
A senior bus pass is valid ID for voting.

A young person's bus pass isn't. Strange that, isn't it?

But, yeah, postal votes are easy to sort out so that's the way to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 517 - 545
grimsby pete
June 8, 2023, 11:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Thanks guys I know I can get a postal vote and I might get one if there is someone I really like or dislike.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 518 - 545
DB
June 9, 2023, 5:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,050
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from grimsby pete
Thanks guys I know I can get a postal vote and I might get one if there is someone I really like or dislike.

Pete, you have to register first. Perhaps 2/3 months before election time or even do it now. You will get the voting papers in the post and then you can decide whether to return them or not.

If you leave it until voting time you may not be registered for the current election whenever that is.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 519 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.