Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
BobbyCummingsTackle and 47 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,516 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
June 1, 2023, 3:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsby pete
Before I say I was wrong in voting leave I would like to say everybody has a right to vote the way they see fit .

What I don't like is the constant name calling coming from the remain voters  thinking they are far more knowledgeable and sensible than the leavers.

It's the same when the Labour voters on here call the ones who voted any other way.

It's a free country and we should be able to talk about things without name calling which comes across as sour grapes.

I am sure if we have another vote in the next year or two the country will vote to rejoin.

It has not effected me but I would vote to rejoin anyway so maybe the country can come back together and stop the petty bickering.

I do however feel sorry for all the extra paperwork leaving has cause and for the motorist and other holiday people who have lost their free movement and the same goes for the Europeans who came over for seasonal work or even wanted to move to our lovely country and settle here.

Rant  over love to all.

You have a different recollection to me Pete. Ive never thought that anything can be achieved by name calling and I remember debating on here with you about the whole Brexit thing.  We debated in a good spirit but the abuse that came my way from others on here for simply supporting Remain was bonkers. The only person I can remember sharing my view was Ginny. I dont see the point of "I told you so" posts either. I just think its incredibly sad and worrying for the future that so many were taken in by a few no-marks and a press owned almost totally by the non-dom right wing.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 470 - 545
chaos33
June 2, 2023, 9:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Maringer and myself were also in the same place as you,

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 471 - 545
barralad
June 2, 2023, 10:31am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from chaos33
Maringer and myself were also in the same place as you,

Actually mate yes you were. Sorry for the omission.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 472 - 545
mariner91
June 2, 2023, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
There were a few of us who were vocal about Brexit being a excrement idea. Used to get totally shot down by the likes of marinerz93 and called all the names under the sun by him and some others. You didn’t have to be a genius to realise that the idea that we held all the cards, that the NHS would get an extra £350million a week etc, was total lies.

There’s no point in saying I told you so but I hope any older Brexit voters can reflect on how they’ve benefitted enormously from the UK being in the EU and how they’ve denied younger people the same benefits. All because they didn’t like there being a Polish section in Asda. The irony being that we're now short of workers but immigration is higher than ever. Well done chaps, beautifully done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 473 - 545
ginnywings
June 2, 2023, 7:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not one to gloat usually, but on this one, I'm so annoyed about it that I absolutely will say 'I told you so'.

It was the biggest con the Tories have ever pulled off, and they have a long track record of lies and subterfuge. They will do and say anything if they can gain an advantage from it.

I hope the voters remember their lies at the general election, but I fear they will keep voting for the heartless charlatans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 474 - 545
Mappers
June 3, 2023, 12:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.42
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,503
Gold Stars: 120
It's irrelevant that we stayed/go ,Labour/Tories - those lot would mess anything up . Wrong un's the lot of em .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 475 - 545
chaos33
June 3, 2023, 3:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers
It's irrelevant that we stayed/go ,Labour/Tories - those lot would mess anything up . Wrong un's the lot of em .

Plainly a daft and unsubstantiated opinion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 476 - 545
Mappers
June 3, 2023, 3:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Not really mate ,it's a pointless debate they are all pi*sing from the same pot .
Like anything else just my opinion , but like I said before I don't really like politics it can be a divisive subject ; when in reality we all need more of a common ground .

I would not say it's that much unsubstantiated ,otherwise you would not be discussing it would you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 477 - 545
chaos33
June 3, 2023, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Brexit isn’t a pointless debate. It’s been absolutely and decisively influential on our fortunes. This ‘they’re all the same’ notion is exactly what I’d expect from someone who has self certified as ‘not interested in politics’. They’re self evidently not. Labour haven’t been in power for 13 years and the current Conservative party and government have proved themselves to be, beyond any contention, the most depraved, corrupt, incompetent, dishonest, nasty, profiteering bunch of charlatans this nation has ever had to endure. And they’ve burned our institutions, our integrity, our reputation and our public services and infrastructure to the ground, with brexit the crowning turd in the skipfire of lies and mismanagement.

By all means, say you’re fed up, but you’ve had Tory government for a long long time. They have the power. They made the calls. They’re responsible. To say it’s ‘irrelevant’ whether we stay/go (brexit) is palpably ridiculous and ignorant of the indisputable facts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 478 - 545
Mappers
June 4, 2023, 5:40am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Brexit isn’t a pointless debate. It’s been absolutely and decisively influential on our fortunes. This ‘they’re all the same’ notion is exactly what I’d expect from someone who has self certified as ‘not interested in politics’. They’re self evidently not. Labour haven’t been in power for 13 years and the current Conservative party and government have proved themselves to be, beyond any contention, the most depraved, corrupt, incompetent, dishonest, nasty, profiteering bunch of charlatans this nation has ever had to endure. And they’ve burned this nation and it’s institutions to the ground, with brexit the crowning turd in the skipfire of lies and mismanagement.

By all means, say you’re fed up, but you’ve had Tory government for a long long time. They have the power. They made the calls. They’re responsible. To say it’s ‘irrelevant’ whether we stay/go (brexit) is palpably ridiculous and ignorant of the indisputable facts.

But if we had stayed  in they would hsve messed that up to and then the other side of the argument would have just been saying we should have left at this point.

The only thing I know about labour is Blair backed up his mate and dropped  nukes on a country that had 'weapons of mass destruction ' even though they were not even there and wiped it out . Hardly gives you confidence they would make any better decisions than the other lot .

Maybe the yellow one's deserve a go instead -convies i think they are called ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 479 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.