Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,016 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
March 15, 2020, 12:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry

Another view.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....yll-kill-people.html

I am sure there are differing opinions within health community and there will be others with a political agenda as well.

I think he's actually agreeing with what the professor said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 3468
Maringer
March 15, 2020, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
A lot of people (mostly elderly) will die from the virus. A lot of people (mostly elderly) will die because of the sheer amount of resources taken up by treating those with the virus.

If this 4 month quarantine is brought in, I hope they've given considerable thought to how those with chronic conditions can still receive some treatment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 3468
grimsby pete
March 15, 2020, 1:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Does anybody know how many people have died from the normal flu in the same period  this has been running ?

Sorry just found out myself the total so far this winter is a staggering  231 in the UK.

So next question why is this virus being treated more deadly than the flu ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 3468
LH
March 15, 2020, 1:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from grimsby pete
Does anybody know how many people have died from the normal flu in the same period  this has been running ?

Sorry just found out myself the total so far this winter is a staggering  231 in the UK.

Because it’s brand new and no-one knows how to beat it or even seemingly contain it. Hence no vaccine. We still don’t know if beating it once is going to be able to beat it a second or third time.
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 3468
Maringer
March 15, 2020, 2:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete

Mortality rate for the flu is usually about 0.1%. In Italy, this is currently running at 6% (though it will actually be lower than this due to asymptomatic/mild cases which haven't been counted).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 314 - 3468
rancido
March 15, 2020, 3:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Stadium

There are lots of people with poor hygiene habits which they had long before this pandemic.
It's ok trying to get the message out in a short time scale,should be driven home all the time.
The amount of males who walk straight out of a toilet without washing their hands properly is amazing & disgusting.

I made this point and was red crossed. No wonder these kind of diseases /viruses /illnesses spread so easily if Joe Public has such poor hygiene habits.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 3468
GrimRob
March 15, 2020, 3:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,415
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LH

Because it’s brand new and no-one knows how to beat it or even seemingly contain it. Hence no vaccine. We still don’t know if beating it once is going to be able to beat it a second or third time.

If you look at it from the virus's point of view, it wants to pass its genes on. If it kills the host it also dies so most colds and flus are not quite bad enough to kill the host, if they were they would quickly fizzle out. But this coronavirus has a high level of virulence which means it spreads quickly, quickly enough that it can get away with a higher death rate than "normal".

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 316 - 3468
A Brace Of Tees
March 15, 2020, 4:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face

I mean...I’ve just given some actual examples of what the govt in Italy have done in reality. You can have another read if you like? It’s still there...

Mental how you’re happy for some toff to decide that your life isn’t worth living. Have some pride ffs.

The over-65s represented a huge part of Johnson's election landslide - do you honestly believe he'd be so stupid as to think the people who brought him victory aren't worth keeping alive?! And remember - he's being guided by scientific advice whereas you are being guided by grubby political point scoring.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 3468
moosey_club
March 15, 2020, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mallyner
I went into the local Spar earlier and it was nearly empty of people, but one of the 3 people down my row, an elderly lady, a woman about 40 and her 11 yearish daughter, sneezed openly into the air 3 times.  

should have tazered the cnts and popped them into the deep freeze cabinet.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 3468
A Brace Of Tees
March 15, 2020, 4:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3

I am fairly sure the people who died from the Black Death were not waiting for herd immunity. What a dozy comment.

Why are people moaning about schools not being shut and large crowd events not being stopped? Who is twisting their arms to go if they think it is wrong? People seem prepared to go out,  strip shelves and hoard but not to arrange to look after their kids! If I had school age kids and thought schools were dangerous for them, I wouldn’t be waiting for a ban, they would stay home and I’d be making arrangements to get them supervised. We have more personal responsibility than just easy sitting about trying to blame someone else. We have a big problem but we can do much to help ourselves.

Hard to say that closing schools would necessarily be the right thing. Kids are not vulnerable to this outbreak but they can be carriers, and word coming out of Italy is that by closing schools, parents have been getting elderly relatives to look after their kids while they're at work which has caused further contamination and more deaths amongst old people,

Conversely, kids being kept together at school build up their immunity and are probably therefore in the safest place.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.