Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 383,289 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
March 14, 2020, 12:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,612
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from rancido

A completely crass and predictable comment from this poster.

Aren’t you in your 70’s? I’d be worried if I was in your position when the fockin PRIME MINISTER makes a speech saying that most families will lose loved ones “before their time”.

Or is it “I’m alright, Jack” and bolllocks to the rest of em?
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 3468
rancido
March 14, 2020, 1:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,566
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face

Aren’t you in your 70’s? I’d be worried if I was in your position when the fockin PRIME MINISTER makes a speech saying that most families will lose loved ones “before their time”.

Or is it “I’m alright, Jack” and bolllocks to the rest of em?

Yes,I am in my 70's and have an underlying health problem (recovered from bowel cancer , have Crohn's Colotis  and a weakened immune system)".I am concerned because I am in the "high risk category ". My partner is also "high risk " with heart problems and related breathing problems. The fact is that people will lose loved ones because they have underlying health problems which will make treating them more difficult and in some cases impossible if they succumb to this virus. The expression " before their time " is also factual because , although the medications and treatment they receive at the moment, for their underlying health issues are enough to maintain their lives, sadly getting this virus could , in many cases, tip the balance. What did you want the Prime Minister to say? Everything is ok, nothing to worry about? Maybe just say nothing and receive the wrath of the people then for not saying anything? If you want to blame anyone or thing for this pandemic and the effect it will have on this country then there are many more likely candidates than our present Government. How about blaming the Chinese authorities for allowing food preparation in such poor hygenic conditions that allow these viruses to develop , mutate and cross the divide from animals to humans. You could also blame the Chinese Government for keeping this outbreak under wraps for too long until they finally had to admit they had a problem. This allowed this virus to spread from it's point of origin to various parts of China and indeed to other countries before it had been identified .Blame globalisation of travel for enabling these kind of viruses to easily encircle the globe in less than 48 hours. Just imagine if , during the first two weeks of this virus's appearance , a European business man came into contact with it and subsequently returned back to his home country. He then comes into contact with many International travellers in his departing airport. He comes into contact with his fellow travellers and cabin crew on the aircraft, then subsequently there is more contact with travellers at his landing airport. Bearing in mind that this virus has an average incubation period of 7 days then the potential exposure to this one carrier clearly demonstrates the ease with which the coronavirus can spread. Of course , Ska Face , you probably don't want to know this but would rather blame the affect and make it the cause.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 3468
ska face
March 14, 2020, 2:03pm

Vodka Drinker
You quite finished rambling?

I couldn’t care less what Johnson says, it’s what he does that counts. What he’s doing at the minute is encouraging the deaths of those his advisors deem expendable. It’s incomprehensible to me that a govt could ever view their own citizens as expendable, but this lot have form I suppose. I’d certainly prefer a response similar to that on the continent where govts at least give the impression that they’re bothered.

Imagine holding your existence in such little regard. wow.
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 3468
Rodley Mariner
March 14, 2020, 2:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
At the end of the day if that dirty fornicator had never poked that bat then we wouldn't be in this situation.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 3468
rancido
March 14, 2020, 2:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,566
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face

I couldn’t care less what Johnson says, it’s what he does that counts. What he’s doing at the minute is encouraging the deaths of those his advisors deem expendable. It’s incomprehensible to me that a govt could ever view their own citizens as expendable, but this lot have form I suppose. I’d certainly prefer a response similar to that on the continent where govts at least give the impression that they’re bothered.

And that is exactly the response I expected. I put forward a logical statement about a health crisis that we are experiencing and you call it "rambling " because it doesn't fit your political agenda. You may not like the Prime Ministers response but he says it as it is - in a similar way to how a doctor might deliver bad news. You give the impression of somebody who doesn't accept  reality but sadly you will have a very frustrating life if you don't.
I do hold my existence with great regard but I am also a realist. I will die one day - maybe before my time maybe not. I could discover tomorrow that I have an incurable condition and have six months to live. I could adopt the line from the Dylan Thomas poem "Do not go gentle into that good night "-  and " Rage, rage against the dying of the light " but that is not my way. That is how it is - we are all animals on this Earth with a finite time on our presence here.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 3468
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2020, 3:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

And that is exactly the response I expected. I put forward a logical statement about a health crisis that we are experiencing and you call it "rambling " because it doesn't fit your political agenda. You may not like the Prime Ministers response but he says it as it is - in a similar way to how a doctor might deliver bad news. You give the impression of somebody who doesn't accept  reality but sadly you will have a very frustrating life if you don't.
I do hold my existence with great regard but I am also a realist. I will die one day - maybe before my time maybe not. I could discover tomorrow that I have an incurable condition and have six months to live. I could adopt the line from the Dylan Thomas poem "Do not go gentle into that good night "-  and " Rage, rage against the dying of the light " but that is not my way. That is how it is - we are all animals on this Earth with a finite time on our presence here.

I have to agree with you on this issue Rancido. I don’t know whether or not the ‘herd immunity strategy’ is the right one. It sounds high stakes. But this isn’t the issue I’d criticise the UK government on.

Much better to point out the years of underfunding of the NHS and social services, encouragement of a market economy which means millions have no sick pay, or secure employment (zero hours and false self-employment), and pursuit of unnecessary disruption and distraction of government and business resources. We could also end up regretting the cuts in police numbers even more. France and Italy have much greater numbers of Vieux Guillaumes to enforce lock downs. We can’t pursue the same course because, to quote that officer on a Bridge Too Far, “we don’t have the proper facilities “.

All of this has left us weaker as an economy and society to deal with a crisis.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 3468
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 14, 2020, 3:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

The NHS had this policy when my granny was in hospital in the 60s. It always has and it happens the world over. I'm an oldie too but I have always accepted that my healthcare is less vital than that of a young person. Nothing to do with this crisis, just a fact of life. You don't think it happens in Italy and Spain and ....n the rest of the world? Read up. Read the news reports from hospitals in northern Italy. Presumably their governments are not bothered either? Oh, you say they are? What you are saying has absolutely no foundation in fact whatsoever, it is just political rhetoric to have a bash at Boris because you don't like him. No doubt you already have an order in at the monumental masons for an epitaph on your gravestone - "There you are - I told you it was Brexit".

Meanwhile in the real world people are actually taking proper responsibility for themselves and their families instead of sitting around waiting for catastrophe just so they can have another pop at politicians.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 3468
ska face
March 14, 2020, 4:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

It’s a good job you’re the only person who might be affected by this then...
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 3468
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2020, 4:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I take your point about people taking responsibility for themselves RRFC and not waiting for some authority to close schools, public facilities, transport etc. Like a lot of people I get sick pay, I have the opportunity to work at home to look after my kids etc. If I keep my kids off school without approval I can foot the fines if any get imposed*. Lots can’t afford not to turn up to work, so who takes care of their kids? Or can’t do their jobs at home. Or don’t have a spare £60 to pay a fine each time they keep their kids off school without approval.

* basically it’s a middle class tax. My old boss used to save a fortune on skiing holidays outside half term time by paying the fines but paying non-peak holiday prices.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 3468
promotion plaice
March 14, 2020, 4:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,039
Gold Stars: 197

Let's hope the Queen doesn't get it although when it ramps up I would imagine people that come into contact with her will be made to wear spacesuits  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.