Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 44 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,356 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
March 16, 2020, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
If soccer is suspended for 4 months and then resumes players contracts will also have to be extended that means  that Cardwell and Green ------FFS ----- Please cancel the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 3468
Abdul19
March 16, 2020, 1:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Green is under contract anyway.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 3468
Maringer
March 16, 2020, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,627
Gold Stars: 185
Hopefully, we'll get some nice weather over the next few months so that those who are self-isolating can spend some time in the garden (if they have one). I expect that's what my parents will do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 3468
cmackenzie4
March 16, 2020, 2:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete
Thanks for the advice above I have got a few footy games recorded but are saving them for now as 4 months is a long time and it has not even started yet.

Just thought if the 4 months isolating starts in April that will be August before we are allowed out that's if its safe by then.

Just in time for next season if it starts by then.

I’d recommend the Fools & Horses box set Pete  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 3468
FishOutOfWater
March 16, 2020, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from LH
They are advisors. Johnson can choose to listen to them or not. If he puts them on TV in a press conference they’re not going to stand there moaning he’s made the wrong decision are they? It’ll be interesting to see how people’s opinions change if Johnson changes his mind.

“I hope the queen doesn’t get it”. Jesus christ.

Won't god save her? Or have plebs just wasted their time singing this dirge over the years?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 354 - 3468
Marinerz93
March 16, 2020, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
What in the flying feck has Marxism got to do with this?

I hate that this has become a political thread because we're talking about an illness which is going to cause tens of millions of deaths around the world. However, I've been complaining about the conscious underfunding of the NHS since 2010 on this forum for years now and I hope that the lack of foresight shown by governments since then doesn't cause too many additional deaths.

That doesn't matter now. We've got what we've got and we have to hope that the present administration do a decent job marshalling the resources we have available and that their plan is effective.

Judging by the comments from the WHO, I would personally recommend that those most at risk (elderly and pre-existing condition) should be extremely careful and isolate themselves right away, regardless of what government advice is right now. I can't really see why there isn't an effort to discover how many infections are actually out there unless resources really are that badly limited.

I just hope the government has given serious thought to supporting the elderly and vulnerable during this period of isolation and I hope that communities will pull together to help their neighbours.

Choo Choo, all aboard maringers panic train.

There are around 80,880 recorded cases in China (population 1 Billion) with a death rate of 3,213 (4-5% infected just in China, total world wide of around 2% deaths of those infected), closed / discharged cases at around 71,032 (those that recovered was around 67,819), active cases 9,848 (of which 3,226 are serious) This includes the L strain which hasn't been declared in UK or Europe which is the more aggressive strain and responsible for a large portion of the deaths in China, hence the immediate lock down.

The flu kills 500,000 world wide every year (from World Health Organisation website), SARS killed 10% and MERS killed 34%. If anything to go on what has happened in China, if you get this virus you have a 95% chance of surviving this virus. People need to put that into perspective when out clearing the shelves and stock pilling.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 3468
Les Brechin
March 16, 2020, 3:51pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
They say that they soon plan to get all over-70's to self-isolate for up to 4 months.

How on earth are they going to do that.

My Mum in 90 next month and I'll be able to collect her pension, do her shopping etc, but what about the elderly who have no family of close friends, and there are quite a few. How will they cope, how will they get their pension, shopping etc.

Also, my Auntie is 98, still lives in her own house, but has carers coming in each day to help her. What will happen there?

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 3468
FishOutOfWater
March 16, 2020, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93

There are around 80,880 recorded cases in China (population 1 Billion) with a death rate of 3,213 (4-5% infected just in China, total world wide of around 2% deaths of those infected), closed / discharged cases at around 71,032 (those that recovered was around 67,819), active cases 9,848 (of which 3,226 are serious) This includes the L strain which hasn't been declared in UK or Europe which is the more aggressive strain and responsible for a large portion of the deaths in China, hence the immediate lock down.

The flu kills 500,000 world wide every year (from World Health Organisation website), SARS killed 10% and MERS killed 34%. If anything to go on what has happened in China, if you get this virus you have a 95% chance of surviving this virus. People need to put that into perspective when out clearing the shelves and stock pilling.

I tried that with my box of Oxo cubes.... only got about five high and then the pile toppled over  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 357 - 3468
Azimuth
March 16, 2020, 4:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +707
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I tried that with my box of Oxo cubes.... only got about five high and then the pile toppled over  

The trick is to panic buy and build a Oxo pyramid for a succecful stockpile.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 3468
Maringer
March 16, 2020, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,627
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Marinerz93

PR China is a vast, militaristic, centrally-organised state with the policing and military capabilities to shut down a province of 60 million people to curtail the spread of the disease. After the first few weeks of inaction, they had something like 90,000 people contact tracing everybody who was found to have the disease to curtain outbreaks. They are also a very technologically advanced country these days. See also South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong who also have it under control. Do you seriously think that the 3 billion people living in Africa and the Indian subcontinent can be protected in a similar way? What about the millions in refugee camps around the Middle East, or those in other failed states?

Look at the carnage emerging across Europe, the wealthiest continent on earth with some of the strongest healthcare systems. If we can't get a grip on it, what chances to the developing nations have? It's bad enough worrying about what could happen in our own country and to my own friends and family without having to read a bundle of such poorly-considered gibberish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.