Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 322 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,125 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
AussieMariner
January 13, 2020, 7:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

Your point being?

I suspect you know this Swin but I think SoC’s point was that you could point the accusatory finger regarding the departure of Bogle and Amond but there was no culpability involved in the loss of Nolan as he was going regardless and of Arnold as he cndajatl
Your use of the term ‘criminal’ seemed to be directed at all four
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 172
Ipswin
January 13, 2020, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from AussieMariner

I suspect you know this Swin but I think SoC’s point was that you could point the accusatory finger regarding the departure of Bogle and Amond but there was no culpability involved in the loss of Nolan as he was going regardless and of Arnold as he cndajatl
Your use of the term ‘criminal’ seemed to be directed at all four

I'm far from convinced every effort was made to keep Nolan after all a transfer to that 'big club' Chesterfield could only have been for the £££££ (it wasn't much of a step up in standard) also I think his contribution in the 18 games he played was totally underrated and unnoticed alongside that of Amond and Bogle

As far as Arnold is concerned he sure as intercourse 'could have done a better job at that level' than some of the duffers we had had since, in fact like some others I'm convinced the play off winning team was better as a unit than anything we have had since

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 172
Abdul19
January 13, 2020, 8:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Nolan got a 3 year contract in League 1 out of it so it can't have been that unnoticed!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 172
Ipswin
January 13, 2020, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Abdul19
Nolan got a 3 year contract in League 1 out of it so it can't have been that unnoticed!

I meant of course his contribution went unnoticed at BP (but of course you realised that)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 172
Abdul19
January 13, 2020, 8:18pm

Season Ticket Holder

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 172
AussieMariner
January 13, 2020, 8:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm far from convinced every effort was made to keep Nolan after all a transfer to that 'big club' Chesterfield could only have been for the £££££ (it wasn't much of a step up in standard) also I think his contribution in the 18 games he played was totally underrated and unnoticed alongside that of Amond and Bogle

As far as Arnold is concerned he sure as intercourse 'could have done a better job at that level' than some of the duffers we had had since, in fact like some others I'm convinced the play off winning team was better as a unit than anything we have had since

Quite possibly
However my comment was, in response to your question, to clarify the point SoC was making not to agree or disagree with the validity of his point

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 172
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2020, 11:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There's a lot of re-writing of history going on here.

[I paraphrase] 'Bogle was inconsistent and made no contribution when what he tried didn't come off and his head went down'. Well maybe a bit, but the guy bagged 17 goals in the Conference and 20 in half a season in league 2. I don't remember people volunteering to put him on the bus, and would in reality be quite happy to have him back.

Probably the same wisearces (deliberate spelling mistake) who said Amond was a flat track bully who couldn't hack it at League 2.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 172
Rik e B
January 14, 2020, 12:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I just thought it strange Hurst decreed our promotion side cndajatl without them getting a chance to prove it or not and it was all ripped up after the great comeradery built up between players and fan's. I'm sure there must have been some sort of big bust up towards the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 172
diehardmariner
January 14, 2020, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,066
Gold Stars: 518
Yeah but this all conquering Conference side absolutely fell over the line in the end.  In my opinion it wasn't even our best Conference side!

From front to back:

McKeown - still here.
Tait - Tempted away, probably got more money in the SPL
East - Dunno where he ended up.
Robertson - Retired and we upgraded when we got Danny Andrew
Toto - Wanted to move away
Pearson - Let's not go there
Gowling - Struggled to make the step up back into the league.
Arnold - Iconic player, but ha s since proven he couldn't do it above the Conference on a consistent basis.
Monkhouse - Miles off what we needed going into League Two
Clay - Anonymous for most of his final season here.
Disley - Stayed with us for another year as a bit part player.
Nolan - Head and shoulders above League Two - doesn't matter how hard we tried, he wasn't going to stay here.
Marshall - Ended up at Boston?
Pittman - Stayed in the Conference
Bogle - Sold him for big money
Amond - The one mistake we got wrong.

More or less universally there was an agreement that the side wasn't good enough as we wanted to move into League Two.  Dismantling that team was the right thing to do.  Unfortunately it then followed that Hurst had his worst period of recruitment when he looked for the vast majority of replacements.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 172
Abdul19
January 14, 2020, 10:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Aye, I thought the 14/15 side was the better team, but the 15/16 one did it when it mattered (yes I know, Ross Joyce etc)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.