Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 356 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,126 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 12, 2020, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489

Funny thing - for some reason I can't explain, I never really felt that Hurst rated him that highly.

I don’t think they got on all that well. There was a period during our promotion season where Bogle was completely out of the squad for a number of games, and at the beginning of our first season back in the league he was behind Scott Vernon in the pecking order. It wasn’t really until he scored that hat trick against Stevenage that he became the firm first choice.

I don’t really remember an ego when he was here, just a young lad who became frustrated a little too easily when things weren’t going his way. He was absolutely unplayable that half-season he had in League Two and I’m confident he’d tear the division up again now.

However, I don’t think he’ll have the need to drop to this level for a good few years yet.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 172
tanga_the_indestructible
January 12, 2020, 6:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t think they got on all that well. There was a period during our promotion season where Bogle was completely out of the squad for a number of games, and at the beginning of our first season back in the league he was behind Scott Vernon in the pecking order. It wasn’t really until he scored that hat trick against Stevenage that he became the firm first choice.

I don’t really remember an ego when he was here, just a young lad who became frustrated a little too easily when things weren’t going his way. He was absolutely unplayable that half-season he had in League Two and I’m confident he’d tear the division up again now.

However, I don’t think he’ll have the need to drop to this level for a good few years yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BbJ3l7kL0
You're right. This was the game that seemed to change him. I remember it well. We were 2-0 down at half-time and looked well beaten. They brought him off the subs bench at the start of the second half and within ten minutes we'd scored two goals, one he set up for Amond, the other he scored. He was unplayable in that half. From then on, something seemed to light up inside him and I thought he was great for us from this game onwards. (Incidentally, the kid that scored their third goal, Rhys Browne, was later signed by us off the back of his performance in this game, too, I think.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 172
headingly_mariner
January 12, 2020, 6:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from tarka
I can't see Holloway touching him with a barge pole - regardless of wages. He undoubtedly has talent but the only place he has really excelled has been non-league. He just hasn't reached his potential and the football scrapheap is littered with players who didn't reach their potential.  

He’d scored 20 goals by the end of January in his first season in league.

He is more than proven at our level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 172
Rodley Mariner
January 12, 2020, 6:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Think he did pretty well at Pompey on loan didn't he?  He's had a bit of bad luck with injuries and never quite become established in a starting XI. Reckon he'd be a handful in League 1 and very, very good in League 2. Swindon could be a decent shout if Doyle doesn't go back and they feel it's worth a gamble to get them over the line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 172
PoutonStepover
January 12, 2020, 6:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
He’s on £6,000 a week at Cardiff. Was on £15,000 at Wigan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 172
moosey_club
January 12, 2020, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BbJ3l7kL0
You're right. This was the game that seemed to change him. I remember it well. We were 2-0 down at half-time and looked well beaten. They brought him off the subs bench at the start of the second half and within ten minutes we'd scored two goals, one he set up for Amond, the other he scored. He was unplayable in that half. From then on, something to light up inside him and I thought he was great for us from this game onwards. (Incidentally, the kid that scored their third goal, Rhys Browne, was later signed by us off the back of his performance in this game, too, I think.)

A blink and you missed it GTFC career moment in that video too for that little Stewart fella we took a chance on.

Regards Omar...didnt fit with Hursts idea of a striker in reality, was in and out the side and if i recall correctly by the time Hurst left he was well out of sorts and favour,  Bignot came in and he immediately started scoring again.  Got the impression Bignot knew how to get Omar going and Hurst was at odds with him.
Would Ollie have a player who spends as much time holding his head in his hands when something doesnt go right as he does working for the team ? I doubt it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 172
Hagrid
January 12, 2020, 6:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
He was scoring under Hurst. We were top 5? I think after his pen away at mansfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 172
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2020, 6:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I just remembered why Hurst didn’t rate him, he wasn’t LJL.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 172
Rik e B
January 12, 2020, 7:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
He tore up League 2 hence he got his big move, but I'd say our wage structure maxes out at 3k for the likes of Hanson, we really couldn't go further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 172
Abdul19
January 12, 2020, 7:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Bogle started Hurst's last 12 matches and scored 9.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.