Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,313 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
PoutonStepover
January 12, 2020, 11:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from golfer

doubt if anyone on more tha £2k a week at Town - only Ollie

Pretty sure this is correct. Hanson defo not on 3k a week. I read somewhere our average wage is about £1000 a week, so I’d say the lower paid players in the squad are on 300-500 a week and the top earners on 1500-1800
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 172
Stranger in the Park
January 12, 2020, 11:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
In truth ,Bogle has achieved very little since leaving Town. Wigan off loaded him super fast and Cardiff have loaned him out to whoever would have him. He's been lucky in the fact that his lower league goals made him look -on paper- better that he actually is.But the sad fact is the higher placed clubs soon found him out.We've all seen his petulance on field when some defender takes the ball off him or he makes other stupid mistakes.That attitude has been his undoing. Until he sorts his head out he's never going to fullfill the promiss that so many have thought him capable of.Give me Amond anyday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 172
Rik e B
January 13, 2020, 12:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I got told 2-3k our marquee signings like Hanson and Green and just picked the high end but I really have no clue. Think Fenty said somewhere we had to pay out big bucks to get the likes of Hanson but if that's 2k not 3 then fair enough. Yes I heard average around £1000, youth grads will be a bit less of course which will counter the high earners to pad the squad out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 172
grimps
January 13, 2020, 4:35am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
I can’t see it happening but if they can’t offload him maybe a loan till the end of the season would be a good deal for all involved .
He can prove he’s still got it and he’d have some friendly fans that would give him time to settle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 172
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2020, 7:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
When he was good, he was really good. At other times, he was a petulant twit who wasn’t a team player.
I’d rather us spend that sort of money on two team players.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 172
Tommy
January 13, 2020, 8:09am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
In truth ,Bogle has achieved very little since leaving Town. Wigan off loaded him super fast and Cardiff have loaned him out to whoever would have him. He's been lucky in the fact that his lower league goals made him look -on paper- better that he actually is.But the sad fact is the higher placed clubs soon found him out.We've all seen his petulance on field when some defender takes the ball off him or he makes other stupid mistakes.That attitude has been his undoing. Until he sorts his head out he's never going to fullfill the promiss that so many have thought him capable of.Give me Amond anyday.

It sounds like you're judging his credentials as a League 2 player by using his failure (so far) at Championship level.

The fact that he hasn't broke through and succeeded at Championship level does not mean he wouldn't he any good if he came back down to League Two.

It seems mad to me that some people wouldn't want him back because he's not done much since he left us. He's been at Championship/League One all that time.

Let's not forget when he was in League Two playing in our average team he absolutely ripped it up. He was absolutely unplayable at times. Yeah he still had those tantrums and moments where he got frustrated if it wasn't going his way, but I'd rather see that than someone who just doesn't care.

Everyone raves about Podge Amond and plenty have said they'd rather have him back than Bogle. Sorry but it's the other way around for me. Podge was prolific in the conference and is a good L2 striker too. But Bogle was more prolific at the level we're at now, and could create and score goals on his own, whereas Podge (as great as he is at what he does) would need our "non-creative" team to create chances for him in the 18 yard box.

I'm not criticising Amond and of course I'd have him back here too. But Bogle could score goals on his own from anywhere and was on course for a goals return in this league similar to what Amond got in the conference.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 172
nightrider
January 13, 2020, 8:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Bear in mind it took us at least a year to sign him the first time if I remember rightly.
We were one league higher. He was semi pro. We struggled to get him here  
90s / 00s II can't remember us having many better  up front in the championship. Mendonca a given.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 172
Madeleymariner
January 13, 2020, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
What that Aldershot video shows is how poor some of the goalkeepers in the Conference were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 172
marinerdazza
January 13, 2020, 10:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
I think he was a victim of circumstance. First game for Wigan, he scored twice and I remember loads of Leeds fans complaining why they hadn't signed him. He then got injured and the manager who signed him was sacked. New bloke comes in, wants to get rid. Downward spiral ever since.

Always thought Wigan was an odd choice. Also felt that he was desperate to get a move (in case it didn't happen) and probably being pushed by his agent.

He should have gone at the end of the season. With another 10 goals under his belt and a lot more choice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 172
Abdul19
January 13, 2020, 11:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Easy to say with hindsight. If Wigan hadn't have changed manager, he might've played regularly for a side at the top of League 1 and scored a load of goals. If he'd stayed at GTFC he might've knackered his knee a week later and now be working at Solihull Leisure Centre. Who knows?

Certainly not me, anyway!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.