Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 360 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,343 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
January 12, 2020, 1:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
The only striker I would welcome is Amond. How we let him go I'll never knowšŸ™„
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 172
Ipswin
January 12, 2020, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from acko338

Not on Twitter but have heard rumours he was putting out a "come and get me" tweet recently?

I don't think that was directed at us somehow

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 172
Poojah
January 12, 2020, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,475
Gold Stars: 1,500
The idea of Bogle returning in this window seems less ridiculous now than it did a couple of weeks ago, but itā€™s still a long, long shot at the very best. Letā€™s just break it down.

Bogle will be going out in January, that much seems clear. It will probably be a loan deal, because heā€™s believed to be on c. Ā£10k a week at Cardiff and heā€™ll not be getting anything like that at his next club.

Cardiff wonā€™t care where he goes, he ainā€™t coming back - itā€™s just a case of getting as much of his wages off their payroll as possible. Even if Town really wanted to push the boat out, how far could we go? Ā£2k - Ā£3k a week absolute max Iā€™d imagine, possibly less. For that to be agreeable to Cardiff there would have to be literally no one else willing to pay more, and given that heā€™s done relatively well in his previous loan spells in League One that seems highly unlikely.

Even if we did manage to agree something with Cardiff, would he really want to come back? You could argue that coming back to the place where heā€™s loved could be just what he needs to restart his career, or that Ollieā€™s just the character he needs right now. You could equally argue that going right back to where he was three years ago would be the ultimate symbol of failure.

Again, weā€™d have to be the only club in the running. If he has an option in League One, he has to take it for the sake of his career.

Itā€™s probably one to file under ā€˜stranger things have happened in footballā€™ (itā€™s probably not that much stranger than Ollie being here), but so many stars would have to align for it to happen, I just canā€™t see it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 172
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2020, 3:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Much as I rated Bogle, enough to do my bit for OP anyway, I do wonder what has happened to his career. It seemed to have stalled very quickly didn't it? Substitutions, on the bench, loaned out .....A player who cost that much you would expect to be at least a regular at Championship or at least L1 for the past 2-3 seasons. So I would wonder why and perhaps have some reservations now about paying a fee and/or big wages for him.

ā€œIf all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.ā€
ā€• John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 172
ex-merseymariner
January 12, 2020, 3:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Poojah
The idea of Bogle returning in this window seems less ridiculous now......

Itā€™s probably one to file under ā€˜stranger things have happened in footballā€™ (itā€™s probably not that much stranger than Ollie being here), but so many stars would have to align for it to happen, I just canā€™t see it.

Good post, it occurs to me that if Bogle did go to a Lge2 club, then regrettably Scunny would have a better shout, the Hurst link, or any club close to the Midlands if he wants to be there.   If Doyle is going back to bradford dont Swindon have a slot free? And as everyones been saying Lge 1 is most obvious option anyhow.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!Ā Ā 
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 172
TheRealJohnLewis
January 12, 2020, 3:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Towards the end of his time with us, he had an inflated ego and wasn't much of a team player, so I dread to think what it's like now he's had a few years at a higher level.  No doubt he has talent, but personally I think his attitude is lacking and he'd be a disruptive character in the dressing room.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 172
Kris2
January 12, 2020, 3:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
I think if he signed to a club in L2 again he'd be one of the best strikers in the league, don't see it happening though and imagine he'll end up at one of the larger L1 clubs that are willing to take a chance on him. Doesn't seem to have found a team and system that works for him yet and I'm not sure of the reasons why. I think with the right manager and coaching he could be great at a high level, I think he's a player that needs to feel loved and have a team cater to him as he quickly tends to lose his temper and focus when things aren't going his way. He's always thrived better when he has that confidence and rhythm to his game.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 172
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2020, 3:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Good post, it occurs to me that if Bogle did go to a Lge2 club, then regrettably Scunny would have a better shout, the Hurst link, or any club close to the Midlands if he wants to be there.   If Doyle is going back to bradford dont Swindon have a slot free? And as everyones been saying Lge 1 is most obvious option anyhow.

Funny thing - for some reason I can't explain, I never really felt that Hurst rated him that highly.

ā€œIf all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.ā€
ā€• John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 172
Teesknees
January 12, 2020, 3:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Big pay packet and big ego. Plus looking at other teams fans boards he seems to be classed as lazy..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 172
wigworld
January 12, 2020, 3:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Davec
can we do another crowdfunder to sign him?

SHUT UP!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.