Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 189 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,346 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
January 12, 2020, 3:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
I can't see Holloway touching him with a barge pole - regardless of wages. He undoubtedly has talent but the only place he has really excelled has been non-league. He just hasn't reached his potential and the football scrapheap is littered with players who didn't reach their potential.  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 172
grimsby pete
January 12, 2020, 4:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from heppy88
The only striker I would welcome is Amond. How we let him go I'll never know🙄

Only one man to blame for doing that  Podge got his revenge yesterday 😂

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 172
Northbank Mariner
January 12, 2020, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Another player that's flattered to deceive in my eyes...
Outstanding in non league, looked good in league 2 but then when he's been asked to step up the league's he's out of his depth.
I've not looked at his scoring record over the last 3 years but I get a feeling it could be grim reading
And if teams are looking to bring in a striker who's going to net them 15+ goals a season, well, Bogle doesn't fit that mould going on his recent form...so while he's on big bucks at Cardiff i think he'll have to resign himself to taking a pretty hefty pay cut to get into a team where he'll play regular football again and I expect that to be maybe somewhere like Lincoln, bottom half of league 1 at best..
Shane it's not worked out for him but as we see with all players, they have a level and championship is a level too high for Omar..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 172
Davec
January 12, 2020, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from tarka
I can't see Holloway touching him with a barge pole - regardless of wages. He undoubtedly has talent but the only place he has really excelled has been non-league. He just hasn't reached his potential and the football scrapheap is littered with players who didn't reach their potential.  

So he was excrement for us was he in the football league for us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 172
tarka
January 12, 2020, 4:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
He may do it at League 2 level but certainly not well enough to justify the wages he would accept.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 172
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2020, 4:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Feels like a good example of where the Jan window can often trip players on the move up.

Leaving us was arguably a season too early for his development he’d jumped from NL1 to the Championship with one and a half seasons in between but that happens especially when a club like us gets a decent bid.

The other thing he and his agent got wrong was signing for a poor struggling Wigan side where he was brought in to make an impact, big challenge that for someone who needed a lot of input & development.

If I recall right it took him a while to get going in the 2 seasons he started for us but his average was just under 1 in 2 I think.

He’d be a decent signing for any club in L1 and 2 if they could give him a run and be patient but it categorically won’t be us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 172
Ipswin
January 12, 2020, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I recall some daft buggers on here saying he was England and Premiership material never mind Championship.

I also recall all the excrement that came my way because I didn't get excited about him getting 18 or 19 goals for a very average Town side strikerwise in Div 4

I think the phrase is one I used once of a staff report I had to write 'performs well in moderate company'

Wouldn't pass Holloway's test, can't see him clearing up mud can you?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 172
tarka
January 12, 2020, 4:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
[quote=54

Wouldn't pass Holloway's test, can't see him clearing up mud can you?[/quote]

I think that just about knocks the nail on the proverbial head!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 172
Abdul19
January 12, 2020, 4:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Outstanding in non league, looked good in league 2

Other way round I'd say.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 172
wigworld
January 12, 2020, 5:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Quoted from tarka

19 goals for us in our first season back in the league, before he left for Wigan at the end of January. You may be right about the money, but he has nothing to prove about his goal scoring ability at league 2 level.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.