Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 325 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,315 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
January 16, 2020, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

The information I used was obtained from the GET and the clubs website. No rumours, just info that was presented in the public domain. But of course most people prefer some kind of "conspiracy theory" instead of published facts.

Typical Fishy over-reaction again Rancid. No one is suggesting a conspiracy theory at all simply that I and probably others don't really know what went on about Amond's departure as so many different tales abound.

I was minded to take your story on board until I read that the GET was one of your sources

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 172
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 16, 2020, 8:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
It's been.....it's gone
Podge is doing ok for himself
Hurst has proven that he will jump Given the opportunity
Bogle needs to be at the right club

Any chance we can move on?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 172
fishboyUTM
January 16, 2020, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Bogle will be on five figures a week until July when his contract is up. It is unlikely but feasible he could return on loan if we paid maybe 20 percent of his wages, possibly 30 percent up to around 3k a week. That said, how much room is in the budget? He'll be on a free transfer now I'd imagine but we couldn't commit to anything like his current wage.

Our entire wage bill is around £1.8m I believe on the last accounts which includes non playing staff as well. Bogle's current wage would be around £500000 a year so around a quarter of the budget for the entire clubs staff!

On loan possible, but the player is unlikely to want to play at league 2 level and will surely have offers at least in league one. If Cardiff can't get him off the books permanently even on a free, they'll want as much of his wages paying as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 172
MuddyWaters
January 16, 2020, 8:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Bogle will be on five figures a week until July when his contract is up. It is unlikely but feasible he could return on loan if we paid maybe 20 percent of his wages, possibly 30 percent up to around 3k a week. That said, how much room is in the budget? He'll be on a free transfer now I'd imagine but we couldn't commit to anything like his current wage.

Our entire wage bill is around £1.8m I believe on the last accounts which includes non playing staff as well. Bogle's current wage would be around £500000 a year so around a quarter of the budget for the entire clubs staff!

On loan possible, but the player is unlikely to want to play at league 2 level and will surely have offers at least in league one. If Cardiff can't get him off the books permanently even on a free, they'll want as much of his wages paying as possible.

He won’t come back here on what we can pay him.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 172
fishboyUTM
January 16, 2020, 9:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He won’t come back here on what we can pay him.

Small percentage of his wage on loan. That's my point and the only half chance of pulling it off. He'd score a lot of goals for us no doubt and could well take us into and through the play offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 172
Abdul19
January 16, 2020, 9:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
If I was Bogle I'd sack off a big chunk of my remaining Cardiff money and score a shitload of goals for GTFC between now and May. Then I'd be in a much better position contract-wise in the summer. Short term loss, long term gain.

If Bogle was me he'd probably tell himself to shut up!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 172
Northbank Mariner
January 16, 2020, 9:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Or worse still, what if he comes to the end of his Cardiff contract and he's got no takers/offers?...it's not being the realms of possibility that he'll end up in league 2 on £2.5k a week...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 172
fishboyUTM
January 16, 2020, 10:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
If I was Bogle I'd sack off a big chunk of my remaining Cardiff money and score a shitload of goals for GTFC between now and May. Then I'd be in a much better position contract-wise in the summer. Short term loss, long term gain.

If Bogle was me he'd probably tell himself to shut up!

He can have his cake and eat it. He can come to us on loan as they seem desperate to ship him out on loan. Pay a portion, Cardiff pay most, Bogle gets his 10k a week and puts himself in the shop window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 172
KingstonMariner
January 16, 2020, 10:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fishboyUTM

He can have his cake and eat it. He can come to us on loan as they seem desperate to ship him out on loan. Pay a portion, Cardiff pay most, Bogle gets his 10k a week and puts himself in the shop window.

And gets to play for a charismatic manager who’s led teams into the premier league.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 172
Ipswin
January 17, 2020, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It's been.....it's gone
Podge is doing ok for himself
Hurst has proven that he will jump Given the opportunity
Bogle needs to be at the right club

Any chance we can move on?

Not while we've got strikers who can't hit a cows bottom with a banjo

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 172
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.