Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 410 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,341 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
nealeardleyscrossing
January 13, 2020, 1:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Meza
They bought 2.5 mill of shares which bypasses FFP.  Similarly to what we did.  What is happening at Lincoln wheels look like they are coming off when best players want to leave lol.

You should stop drinking in the day. Best players??

Akinde has started 2 games - We have Walker and have just got a lad from Arsenal who is massively rated by them - He has played in cups and been on bench in PL.

O'Connor is never fit, getting on, though has been a good player.
Andrade is good but has struggled at this level - 17 appearances in L1 - 1 goal and 1 assist .

We are hardly setting the world alight in L1 but we just need to stay in it - we have played 5 more away games than any team - and only have 7 away games left so just need 19 points more. It is a very tough league - hopefully we can keep picking up points - Massive game for us tomorrow and Saturday - hopfully send Bolton further down your way..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 172
RichMariner
January 13, 2020, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Not quite the same situation but I remember when John Oster rejoined us on loan, about five years after he left us for his big money move to the Premier League.

We were (bottom of the) Championship at the time but he was way too good for us. I didn't think we'd be able to get him on loan but he used it to start playing football again as he hadn't been given a run of games at Sunderland.

Coming to Town will be hugely risky for Bogle, even if money wasn't an issue. On one hand it could kick-start his career again and put him in the shop window, as Andy Todd's loan did, or he could end up doing his ACL.

(I'm aware Oster was a loan deal and Bogle's would be permanent - or a short-term contract at best.)

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 71 - 172
Son of Cod
January 13, 2020, 1:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BbJ3l7kL0
You're right. This was the game that seemed to change him. I remember it well. We were 2-0 down at half-time and looked well beaten. They brought him off the subs bench at the start of the second half and within ten minutes we'd scored two goals, one he set up for Amond, the other he scored. He was unplayable in that half. From then on, something seemed to light up inside him and I thought he was great for us from this game onwards. (Incidentally, the kid that scored their third goal, Rhys Browne, was later signed by us off the back of his performance in this game, too, I think.)

Yep, Amond was class for most of the season but I seem to remember he ran out of steam a little bit at times towards then end of the campaign but Bogle really picked up in the run in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 172
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 13, 2020, 1:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178

Not sure how they do it or get around it.

Akinde will go on big wages too, he doesnt get in our side apart from the bench and Akinde and O'connor are very injury prone - Those 3 will cost 10 k in weekly wages. We probably get 4 times theor attendences so as mentioned will be the Class of 92 funding it..

Ann sorry mate. Can you stop all this nicety and helping us out with good honest civilised responses and stick to the format that has been used on here by many scunts and some of your lot in previous seasons.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 172
pizzzza
January 13, 2020, 1:43pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Be worth splashing the cash to get him back just so we can reprise this:

[youtube]V5SR7gwBxEg[/youtube]
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 172
diehardmariner
January 13, 2020, 3:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Bogle has to make sure he gets the next move right, I dare say it's the biggest move of his career.  He's 26 now and has 3 years of doing absolutely nothing.  Big danger he gets forgotten about and fades into obscurity.

Wouldn't surprise me if he drops down to League Two to make a statement, which will in turn (or at least should) get him another move to a higher level on decent money.

Not saying it'll be to us but if he takes the money element out of it, this should be a move he would want to make.  He knows he would be loved, he knows he would likely be first choice and it's a real shop window (especially with the increased media attention we have under Holloway).
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 172
Ipswin
January 13, 2020, 4:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Just watched the Aldershot vid

Scorers Amond Bogle Arnold and Nolan all gone less than a year later, criminal

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 172
Son of Cod
January 13, 2020, 4:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Ipswin
Just watched the Aldershot vid

Scorers Amond Bogle Arnold and Nolan all gone less than a year later, criminal

Nolan wasn't ever gonna stay and Arnold wasn't good enough for L2 though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 172
Ipswin
January 13, 2020, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Son of Cod

Nolan wasn't ever gonna stay and Arnold wasn't good enough for L2 though.

Your point being?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 172
Abdul19
January 13, 2020, 6:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Ooh, I reckon it was that only one of the four exits was criminal?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 172
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.