Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

This thread currently has 36,306 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 21, 2020, 6:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinerRob
I'll always remember our first goal back in the league from Kayden.

The release of pent up energy around the ground when that goal went in could have powered the National Grid. Whoosh!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 172
golfer
January 22, 2020, 7:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from grimsby pete

Hurst offered Podge a 2 yr 6 month contract at Christmas but Podge wanted to wait until the end of the season before he made his mind up , Nothing wrong with that because he did not want to stay in the conference.

When we got promoted mainly because  of his goals Hurst then only offered a 1 year deal because he was drunk off at Podge not signing earlier,

So he left. Biggest mistake Town have made for many a year.

1 year  6months Pete  not 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 172
rancido
January 22, 2020, 11:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from golfer

1 year  6months Pete  not 2

Correct. I don't know where this longer contract info comes from but there is no documented proof of this but there is for the shorter one. It is inconceivable that Amond would reject a 2 years + contract regardless of the reasons. Don't forget he dropped down to non - league when he joined us! If he wanted "guaranteed" league football then he'll wouldn't have joined us in the first place.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 172
Ipswin
January 22, 2020, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

Correct. I don't know where this longer contract info comes from but there is no documented proof of this but there is for the shorter one. It is inconceivable that Amond would reject a 2 years + contract regardless of the reasons. Don't forget he dropped down to non - league when he joined us! If he wanted "guaranteed" league football then he'll wouldn't have joined us in the first place.

The last three posts just to towards proving my point No sodomist knows what happened, who offered what etc and we are still really in the dark how Amond slipped through our fingers. I don't know how many he has scored since the left (at Hartlepool and Newport) but I bet (excluding Bogle's 19) that its close to or even more than all our strikers combined have got in the same period

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 172
chipsandgravy
January 22, 2020, 11:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
16 pages on ex strikers that have moved on. Time for us now!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 172
KingstonMariner
January 22, 2020, 12:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

The guy had to prove himself at our level (then) because he was being played out of position at his previous club. Widely discussed at the time.

It was also reported mid season in the local media that Hurst had offered Podge a two and a half year deal. Instead of having a two year offer (allowing for elapse of time) at the end of the season it was reduced to one year by Hurst.

It’s not inconceivable he would reject a two year plus deal with a non-league club when his goals had put him in the shop window for league clubs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 172
GollyGTFC
January 22, 2020, 1:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,974
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Kris2

I don't really think Kayden Jackson knew what his role was supposed to be in the team while with us. I don't think anyone else at the club knew either...

He ran around a lot but looked lost during his loan spell.

He didn't look lost when he scored our first goal back in the EFL or when he ran down the left wing, turned back on to his right foot and put a cross in for Omar Bogle to score the winner away at Luton.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 156 - 172
golfer
January 22, 2020, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115

Wish we had Jackson now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 172
Teesknees
January 22, 2020, 8:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Has Omar Bogle left Cardiff yet?.... seem to think someone somewhere said he might ffs!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 172
louth_in_the_south
January 23, 2020, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,655
Gold Stars: 94
The length of time and amount of tangents this threads gone on for he’s probably retired by now

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 172
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle - set to leave Cardiff City in January.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.