Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,267 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
June 22, 2019, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano

The 2 signings so far show that there is money to improve the budget.neither of those 2 come cheap and neither do the 3 other names that are being touted around. From what I've been told we were seriously close to landing devitt ,another player who'd have been well out of our league last season.
But thanks for injecting your usual dose of negativity.

No problem sunshine Your post that the new man was here to rebuild Grimsby into the European city of culture rather than taking GTFC into the Premiership gave me the idea. It certainly sounds like he's more interested in the regeneration of Grimsby the town rather than Grimsby Town the football club and anyway I'm not convinced he's got a pot to urine in

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 1162
KingstonMariner
June 22, 2019, 3:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
So what do I do with my wine put it back in the cellar or what ?

Hold fire until we know one way or the other Pete. You can then either celebrate or drown your sorrows.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 1162
KingstonMariner
June 22, 2019, 4:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec
Radio Humberside reporting the club has told them offers have been received but no proof of funds or fit and proper persons tests have been passed yet.

That's the opposite of what the Grim Tel said. 'The new owner-in-waiting has passed the owners' and directors test which, in essence, is a Football Association and Football League (EFL) led process that determines whether or not an individual, or company, has the capacity or necessary funds to own and operate a football club.'

A guide to the test is given here.

https://www.lawinsport.com/top.....-in-english-football

It gives timescales which shows that if the GT is correct, the application must have been made a few weeks ago (10 days +) by the club.

'The application is made by the club itself rather than the individual director. This can impact on the timing of an acquisition of a club. On an acquisition, usually a club does not want to make an application for a new owner/director to be approved until such time as it is certain that the acquisition is to proceed. Sometimes the acquisition documentation is signed before the club makes the application, and completion of the deal is conditional on the application being approved by the relevant league, which can cause a slight delay in the deal completing.

'In terms of timing on the appointment of a director or new owner, advanced notification is required, and the club needs to make the application at least 10 working days prior to the date on which the person is to become a director, and the league is required to respond within five working days of receipt of the application to confirm in the case of the EPL whether or not the person can become a director or is disqualified, and in the case of the EFL to advise on the expected timing to consider an application.'

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 1162
June 22, 2019, 4:09pm
Guest User
Sadly I'm afraid it's all tosh apparently
Reply: 163 - 1162
promotion plaice
June 22, 2019, 4:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 199
Quoted from 139847

Source???

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 1162
Swansea_Mariner
June 22, 2019, 4:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,457
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from 139847

Tell me we ain't stuck with the current lot, say it ain't so bro😢😢😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 1162
RichMariner
June 22, 2019, 4:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,136
Gold Stars: 209
There’s a big difference between ‘it’s all tosh’ and ‘it’s all tosh apparently’.

I’ve been a little critical of the Grimsby Telegraph in the past but journalists don’t usually run stories like this unless they’ve got facts corroborated by at least two sources.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 166 - 1162
promotion plaice
June 22, 2019, 4:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 199
Quoted from grimsby pete
So what do I do with my wine put it back in the cellar or what ?

Can you give Mr Fenty a call Pete and check with him if the takeover is still on?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 1162
rancido
June 22, 2019, 4:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96

The last sentence is unfair Forza, it is not negativity. Quite the opposite, we all know that results on the field today are more important than a new stadium tomorrow and that lift of spirits is what will make the takeover a success. Therefore the playing budget is the number one priority.

Interesting thought about your first remark though - if those two signings have not come cheap and we almost got Devitt, who paid for it if the takeover hasn't yet gone through?

With the players released and JF admitting that he set the budget too low last season then the signing of two quality players does not really surprise me. Even if there were two or three more quality signings it doesn't necessarily mean that those wages are being " bankrolled ". Considering MJ's background in the financial world then I'm sure he will be able to get the best out of what playing budget is available. We also have several players who have come through the Youth ranks who could figure a lot in the coming season and I'm sure they won't be on colossal wages. I'm sure things about who we have will certainly become a lot clearer by the time the players report back for training.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 1162
rancido
June 22, 2019, 4:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
If this all goes through and Fenty ends up no longer being a major shareholder in the club, one would assume this means he won't have to opt out of key decisions regarding Grimsby Town's new stadium as Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Regeneration, Skills and Housing.

If he still remains a shareholder, regardless of how many shares he holds, then he will have to declare that as an interest and would be prevented from making council decisions on anything to do with the new ground.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.