Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,221 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
June 23, 2019, 8:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Where does it say it won't be happening now. I've looked on this is grimsby I can't see anything.

Radio humberside been given statement by club denying. Nutty has phoned his mate who is a director plus a couple of doom mongers on facebook
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 1162
Davec
June 23, 2019, 8:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
I'm hoping to hear more about this in the next few days.

Forza you seem to know a bit about this, do you have any timeframes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 1162
Malta_Mariner_90
June 23, 2019, 8:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from forza ivano

Radio humberside been given statement by club denying. Nutty has phoned his mate who is a director plus a couple of doom mongers on facebook

Maybe I am clutching at straws but I did not read that tweet from Radio Humberside as a flat out denial...Seems odd none of their sports reporters seem to be in the loop though. But then why would the telegraph have gone to the lengths of stating who is the potential person behind the takeover if it is nonsense?

I am not sure if it is wanting this to happen which is preventing me from accepting it might not happen. Not sure what the reaction would be if this did not now happen.  

EDIT: Did I miss the sarcasm in your post?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 1162
louth_in_the_south
June 23, 2019, 8:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
Well I was going to have a splurge in the online club shop yesterday but that’s def on hold now I’ve woke up to this

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 1162
Davec
June 23, 2019, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Maybe I am clutching at straws but I did not read that tweet from Radio Humberside as a flat out denial...Seems odd none of their sports reporters seem to be in the loop though. But then why would the telegraph have gone to the lengths of stating who is the potential person behind the takeover if it is nonsense?

I am not sure if it is wanting this to happen which is preventing me from accepting it might not happen. Not sure what the reaction would be if this did not now happen.  

EDIT: Did I miss the sarcasm in your post?

Liam Wood from the telegraph has made a big deal about this so he wouldn't have done that if he wasn't almost certain? Because if it doesn't happen that makes him look an idiot and why would he put himself in that position? Radio Humberside haven't had a good working relationship with the club for years so I don't think it's strange that the club are playing a straight bat to Radio Humberside, if Liam Wood reckons this is very close to happening then I hope he's right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 1162
forza ivano
June 23, 2019, 8:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Davec
I'm hoping to hear more about this in the next few days.

Forza you seem to know a bit about this, do you have any timeframes?

From all I've read it could be in the next day or 2. I think fent y got back from his hols Friday .whether he's playing silly bugggers and holding out for  a bit more i don't know but that might explain the denials.
FAO Malta wasn't really being sarcastic, just factual on this occasion.how much store you put on Butty as a source is another matter.
One last thing which keeps me positive is the thought of the repercussions of the bid was knocked back. There would be absolute hell to pay. It seems like the thing has gone too far for it to fail.that's what I'm clinging to anyway.
What I'm dying to hear is rumours of stories of a press conference being arranged
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 1162
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2019, 9:04am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I had similar thoughts Forza, if it gets knocked back now there will be so much more pressure only a rhino could cope.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 1162
Mighty_Mariner
June 23, 2019, 9:06am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
From what I understand, only thing remaining is to "Dot the i's and cross the t's"

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 1162
Bigdog
June 23, 2019, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from forza ivano

From all I've read it could be in the next day or 2. I think fent y got back from his hols Friday .whether he's playing silly bugggers and holding out for  a bit more i don't know but that might explain the denials.
FAO Malta wasn't really being sarcastic, just factual on this occasion.how much store you put on Butty as a source is another matter.
One last thing which keeps me positive is the thought of the repercussions of the bid was knocked back. There would be absolute hell to pay. It seems like the thing has gone too far for it to fail.that's what I'm clinging to anyway.
What I'm dying to hear is rumours of stories of a press conference being arranged

Held back from saying anything about this so far because nothing is official yet.. but there will be hell to pay if it doesn't happen. Proven by the poll in the Telegraph. Only 4% of voters want the owners of the club to stay the same. That blows the myths of silent majorities and vocal minorities right out of the water. The club, the town and its fans are ready for a change and have been for a long time. At the minute I would guess that nothing is signed and sealed yet, but a deal is extremely close, and I'm not too concerned about Radio Humberside putting out a clumsy and contrary statement especially if it came from the board, we all know how they can operate at times. Get ready for when it is officially announced Pen Penfras because there will be a massive surge for season tickets and a huge upswell of support for a new regime, and finally, it will be proven that those posters who have been consistently negative about this current regime knew what they were talking about when it comes to the huge potential of a brave new dawn.

Keeping everything crossed here until an official announcement. Far too much at stake for the deal to go wrong..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 1162
Rik e B
June 23, 2019, 9:28am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Surely it's standard practice to deny deny deny until its signed and sealed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.