Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 262,650 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HackneyHaddock
June 23, 2019, 9:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
These things do take time and the EFL and company rules will dictate that too.  There are waiting periods between fit and proper person tests and people assuming control.  There will be final approvals on funding and financials.  Other shareholders will need to be informed.  This story broke on Friday so there's pretty much only been five or six "business hours" between that and the weekend.  It's unlikely anything will happen over a weekend and we also know some key people have been away.

This means that you're only ever going to get either denials or straight-bat answers to the media until it's all worked out.  Even Butty's source, who I don't doubt, has probably given Butty the correct information, but that's not to say things wouldn't change.  

I really hope this is true and we get the new ownership we desperately need for both the club and the town, but in business and football nothing's certain.  If it does happen, I also think that whatever we've said in the past about GYFR (and I've said some things that have maybe gone too far), we should enter the spirit of the fresh start, by wishing him the best as he steps down and returns to the terraces as a supporter.  No good can come of grudge-bearing and vindictiveness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 1162
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 23, 2019, 9:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 1162
jock dock tower
June 23, 2019, 9:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
You can only marvel at the Fishy and how to really pi1ss on someone's parade with what to me seems the biggest load of b0ll0cks from "somebody in the know" Don't know about an upsurge in season ticket sales, but I reckon Boots may well sell out of Mogadon by the end of play.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 1162
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2019, 9:59am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Only 4 grand. And this is the sort of person Matt Dean works with. We all know that proper people have cars worth £80,000.

#notlettingitrestyet

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 1162
SteffiMariner
June 23, 2019, 10:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Bigdog

Held back from saying anything about this so far because nothing is official yet.. but there will be hell to pay if it doesn't happen. Proven by the poll in the Telegraph. Only 4% of voters want the owners of the club to stay the same. That blows the myths of silent majorities and vocal minorities right out of the water. The club, the town and its fans are ready for a change and have been for a long time. At the minute I would guess that nothing is signed and sealed yet, but a deal is extremely close, and I'm not too concerned about Radio Humberside putting out a clumsy and contrary statement especially if it came from the board, we all know how they can operate at times. Get ready for when it is officially announced Pen Penfras because there will be a massive surge for season tickets and a huge upswell of support for a new regime, and finally, it will be proven that those posters who have been consistently negative about this current regime knew what they were talking about when it comes to the huge potential of a brave new dawn.

Keeping everything crossed here until an official announcement. Far too much at stake for the deal to go wrong..

Playing Devils Advocate, this doesn't prove anything at all. If only the vocal minority voted and the quiet majority didn't, then this is a strawman argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 1162
MuddyWaters
June 23, 2019, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
They're not exactly going to shout it from the rooftops before the ink is dry.

Liam Wood hasn't made it up and is not exactly going to shred his career by making spurious claims. Something is happening clearly, let's just have a little patience and let things take their course.
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 1162
forza ivano
June 23, 2019, 11:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I hadn't realised that the GET had actually spoken to Fenty yesterday.I'm extra encouraged by his blandest of blandest response.if there's be nothing in it I'm sure he wouldn't have given that answer given the enormous interest in the story
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 1162
grimsby pete
June 23, 2019, 11:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Having read this thread from the beginning were everybody or almost everybody are over the moon about the news of a take over.

To morbid depression thinking nothing will happen because Uncle shut up told Butty nothing is happening.

I would like to say relax guys these things takes a lot of time,

All will be revealed as soon as the contracts have been signed or talks have broken down.

We all hope well 96% of us want it to happen and I think as Tom ( if I may call him Tom ) is a property developer and is wanting to help his own Town to come into the 21st century there must be a bit of truth in reports of what is happening,

I do not care what radio Ull say because they know nothing because the club do not talk to them and as far as the telewag goes most of the time they just make it up.

So lets be patience and wait for the official announcement  that the club is in new hands or not.

Leaks do come out when anything like this is happening and I think too many leaks have come out for it to be untrue that's why the telewag have come out with the story.

Lets hope the matter is resolved sooner rather than later.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 1162
rancido
June 23, 2019, 11:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from AdamHaddock
What username will he pick for the fishy?

Neville

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 1162
rancido
June 23, 2019, 12:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm thinking of getting my pole out again, I haven't used it for over twenty years (fishing)  

I'm glad you clarified that bit !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.