Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 81 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 119,249 views. Print
149 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
July 10, 2008, 4:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Citymariner
hydration pack is what i use (its like a small rucksack with a resevoir and tube running from it for drink) if you ain't got one fill a water bottle  

does cider go flat in these hydration packs ... if it doesnt they seem like a great idea

right  hands up all those who actually think thwey can do it ...on what they have now .......i will not train much but am keen as mustard ....but as said twice the age of most of you so would want to show you up(can i hang on to support vans wing mirror up the hills )

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 10, 2008, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
It seems like one hell of a task, but one famous saying is, "put your heart and mind to it, and anything is possible" Everyone is doing this for a certain reason.
Ill struggle to do it, but im confident of completiting it, im very unfit and will be giving up drink and cigs for this, drink from now till sept
Im not gonna over do the training, just a couple of miles of walking each day to gear up then do couple of miles riding, including going up hill lincoln. :S

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 81 - 1487
barriner
July 10, 2008, 4:32pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from Brazilnut

right  hands up all those who actually think thwey can

I'm in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 1487
LH
July 10, 2008, 4:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
Definitely in. I probably won't train as much as I should but I will start biking to work and footy training in the next few weeks. Can't say I'd go as far as giving up drinking til September though! Maybe we should ask Lincoln to put us a 3 course meal on for when we get there and a few pints.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 1487
barralad
July 10, 2008, 6:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I cannot believe that all this has happened since I posted at 5:30 this morning.

I have a serious underlying cardiac health problem which puts participation out of the question. I would love to help though so if anyone can think of a job for me I'd be delighted. Perhaps helping in the support vehicle.

Four friends of mine are biking from the Eiffel Tower to the Dock tower in a week later this month. I could ask them for tips and also whether they have any of their equipment/drinks etc. left.

Anxious to help....  

The people who post on here are amazing...A throw away comment a couple of days ago and it's grown to this. Fantastic....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 1487
Buckley Biker Boy
July 10, 2008, 6:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
i'm definitely up for it but have to be convinced that route, timings etc. are properly organised. super idea but we would look like proper fools if it went pear shaped!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 1487
marinerian
July 10, 2008, 6:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
If it is organised properly, I would be prepared to help, contact media organisations etc to get this the coverage it deserves.

But AND I STRESS BUT: it has to be organised in a proper manner, get GTFC  and LCFC involved...maybe a few players to promote it from each team, official forms will have to be made, look into insurance for an event and contact local charities to raise money for, businesses to sponsor and donate gear etc.

There is a lot to do, but least the match is over two months away!

Maybe get both captians and both youngsters (Bennett & Hone) who were nominated for league two player of the year to help back it, by doing that would add a lot of credibility! I'm sure Jackson would want to show his support as would players and fans who have had relatives suffer with cancer.

What would the campaign be called...Bike for life? or something like that. Lets get serious ideas rolling as it needs to be started now!

I will contact Humbeside and Lincolnshire police by email, then maybe organise a meeting, look how much is needed to be raised rtc.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 1487
alvinghammariner
July 10, 2008, 7:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
I may be up for it, i'm going to see if i can bike up some of the hills on the wolds this weekends, if it goes well then i'm in. Oh and it would be useful to loan a bike if that company's up for it.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 1487
NewtoN
July 10, 2008, 7:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
i'm also going to see how badly i am after a 10 mile bike ride on my CBR which i need to get fixed

i'll let you no, but i cannot believe a joke by ice has turned into me suggesting this and it turning into something that looks very likely to happen

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 1487
gary_elton
July 10, 2008, 7:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
The wheels on the bike go round and round.... round and round.....round and round.... you do all realise
that when you get there to watch the game you will have to sit down... and there aint none of yer gonna
wanna do there cos yer sphincter will be like a knot and wont allow it......        

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 1487
149 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.