Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,169 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 13, 2021, 12:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Hagrid
What a load of balderdash. Fenty is arrogant egotistical greedy selfish and i dont want him anywhere near this football club

Was he anywhere near it before he bought it and we became his platform raiser? People tell us he was a massive town fan but among the town fans I know nobody recalls him being at a game, especially away games (remember he’s such a fan he got the data wrong for arguably our most famous season)...

I think we all know old Phil is a billy bullshitter. We’ve all stumbled across ex players/managers who literally have nothing but contempt for Fenty and his ownership of the club.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 299
pen penfras
February 13, 2021, 12:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Davec

who is this player? if you told us who he was then we could seek him out and listen to his stories like you want us to.

Seems pretty obvious that it's Dave Smith. I don't know if it's true, but it's certainly in line with other things I know that he's helped people with.

But it really doesn't matter, most are so blinded by hatred that nothing will ever change their opinion. The only way that might change is if the incoming trio have less success or leave the club in the lurch like Ramsden et al. We're a long way from anything like that and it doesn't seem likely either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 299
aldi_01
February 13, 2021, 1:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Seems pretty obvious that it's Dave Smith. I don't know if it's true, but it's certainly in line with other things I know that he's helped people with.

But it really doesn't matter, most are so blinded by hatred that nothing will ever change their opinion. The only way that might change is if the incoming trio have less success or leave the club in the lurch like Ramsden et al. We're a long way from anything like that and it doesn't seem likely either.

Blinded by hatred or just sick to the back teeth of years of mismanagement of the club, a club they care dearly about? I mean it’s hard to disagree with them.

Using Dave Smith as an example is hardly the best option either, a man who found a career outside of football at the club, he’s hardly gonna come and slag him off. Some might argue that those people are equally as complicit in the mismanagement...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 299
DB
February 13, 2021, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,052
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
You lot have just no idea.
You think that what John has done is merely accountable on a pitch.
You also think that the published accounts are the only story teller. They don’t tell the half about the things he did out of his own pocket outside of published management accounts. The things he’s paid for personally, both for the club, and for people who work at the club.

There’s a former player that still lives in Grimsby, who actually is still involved in football. Go seek him out and listen to how highly he praises John for personally paying for private medical treatment he needed, out of his own pocket. Not the one and only time he did this either.

At every twist and turn, John has been there for the club, and for those employed there, and there have been many times when this has been at his own cost, out of his own personal funds, for no other reason than being a caring person, a generous person, and a good person.

When it’s all over, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be lots of stories that come out in tribute to just what a great man John has been for this club. Things John would not have wanted to be known at the time. Because he doesn’t  seek adulation or plaudits. He does what he does for genuinely nice reasons. Mark my words, when it’s over, when he’s free from all of his ties, there will be people ready to tell stories that can no longer embarrass him about his generosity because he’s no longer a part of the club. Stories of truth that will raise a lot of eye brows and leave many keyboard warriors with egg on their face

But none of that matters to most, who are shameless in blindly following the black and white stripes, with absolutely no gratitude whatsoever to the man that ensured that the black and white stripes survived.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion whether others like it or not, so I have one question.

Why did the supporters have to bankroll the club for a promotion push and not Fenty ? If he is as good as you make out.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 299
TAGG
February 13, 2021, 3:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
You also think that the published accounts are the only story teller. They don’t tell the half about the things he did out of his own pocket outside of published management accounts. The things he’s paid for personally, both for the club, and for people who work at the club.

There’s a former player that still lives in Grimsby, who actually is still involved in football. Go seek him out and listen to how highly he praises John for personally paying for private medical treatment he needed, out of his own pocket. Not the one and only time he did this either.

At every twist and turn, John has been there for the club, and for those employed there, and there have been many times when this has been at his own cost, out of his own personal funds, for no other reason than being a caring person, a generous person, and a good person.

When it’s all over, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be lots of stories that come out in tribute to just what a great man John has been for this club. Things John would not have wanted to be known at the time. Because he doesn’t  seek adulation or plaudits. He does what he does for genuinely nice reasons. Mark my words, when it’s over, when he’s free from all of his ties, there will be people ready to tell stories that can no longer embarrass him about his generosity because he’s no longer a part of the club. Stories of truth that will raise a lot of eye brows and leave many keyboard warriors with egg on their face

But none of that matters to most, who are shameless in blindly following the black and white stripes, with absolutely no gratitude whatsoever to the man that ensured that the black and white stripes survived.

Jesus Christ
I've just been sick.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 299
forza ivano
February 13, 2021, 3:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266

Feck me - Grimsby's very own Mother Theresa

ps you forgot to add how much he loves cuddly little kittens and the scores of starving orphans he's taken in over the years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 299
February 13, 2021, 4:16pm
Guest User

I honestly think that you’ve been brainwashed or you’re after a bite which fair play if you are. The only keyboard warrior is you my friend as you won’t reveal your identity as you wouldn’t say this on any social media platform as you’d get laughed at and look silly like you’re doing now. You’re not doing dodgy John any favours. You can defend him all you like but the damage he has done is there for us to see. It’s the equivalent of you trying to tell us that Freemo flats are still standing when everyone else can see that they have been knocked down.
Reply: 136 - 299
dapperz fun pub
February 13, 2021, 4:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from pen penfras

Dave smith likes fenty ha ha now that did make me chuckle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 299
moosey_club
February 13, 2021, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pen penfras

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 299
RonMariner
February 13, 2021, 5:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,817
Gold Stars: 226
Sometimes FFS doesn't seem adequate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 299
30 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.