Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,202 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 17, 2021, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Fillipe 20 hours ago, reply 181 on this thread, I asked you some questions. Still waiting for the answers.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 299
Northbank Mariner
February 17, 2021, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Unpopular? You really do believe that John is unpopular πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Oh my goodness.

This story is far from over and I’m looking forward to some interesting twists and turns as this pans out.

Yes he is, he's pretty universally hated amongst town fans and with his last shenanigans in the community too..
He's popular with his brood of yes men and that is it...you, Marley, Day and all the cling ons!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 299
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 17, 2021, 12:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

Oh my goodness.

This story is far from over and I’m looking forward to some interesting twists and turns as this pans out.

FFS  

Yes he is. He's even more unpopular than you are and no amount of twists and turns are ever going to bring him any popularity. Start looking at the evidence rather than wishing upon a tarnished star.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 299
diehardmariner
February 17, 2021, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543

Oh my goodness.

Ah yes.  Of course.   We're all barking up the wrong tree.

It's going to emerge that the incredibly successful trio of Stockwood, Shutes and Pettit are all really crooks who will not only take the club backwards but absolutely ruin us.  Tech visionary Stockwood is secretly keen on ripping out our high tech ticket booking system and replace it with a horrible modern system that gives instant access to information, whereas poor Lisa's ruler and biro were cutting edge.

It will also emerge that despite their involvement in major business, the trio thought it more beneficial to be involved in Grimsby Town, where they can move us from our state of the art stadium to one that's falling down, all on the promise of selling some houses overlooking the railway line.

Equally so Alex May isn't a convicted fraudster.  In fact he's an upstanding member of society who was only trying to benefit the elderly people he attempted to defraud.  Not a single one of those affected actually minded, after all it was a victimless crime, to the point that all stated the emotional distress and suffering they went through was good fun and well-natured.

Thankfully, Phil, we've got a legal eagle like yourself on the case to make sure we don't fall victim to any scams.  I mean look at how well you put your skills to use when extending the contract of Charles Vernam and then of course how, again under your leadership, the club implemented the legal requirements in term of social distancing and protecting our employees during the pandemic.  Admirable.

Private Message
Reply: 233 - 299
friskneymariner
February 17, 2021, 1:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

Oh my goodness.

Just one word:    dellusional.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 299
Bristol Mariner
February 17, 2021, 6:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Why do people have this misconception that John wanted a career in politics? Makes me laugh when I hear that.

He had no desire whatsoever to do anything other than serve as a local councillor, to serve the local community.

Also why do people jump to the conclusion that John introduced Alex May to the council? I’ve a feeling that an enquiry will raise a few eyebrows regarding the involvement May had at NELC, in terms of the number of meetings and the period of time this was over. Not that I am suggesting there’s been any impropriety in this, merely that it will likely go further than many will imagine. The council are neither naive or run by one person on these various committees

Nosh, lean over now and whisper into John’s ear from us all - good riddance

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 299
Hagrid
February 17, 2021, 7:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Id hazard a guess JF is one of the most hated men in the town right now. Greedy arrogant selfish taking the urine out of the club and this community

But nah,’he aint unpopular...... ffs
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 299
friskneymariner
February 17, 2021, 7:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
He's more more unpopular than the most unpopular man in Unpoplarsville.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 299
TAGG
February 17, 2021, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126

Oh my goodness.

FFS
Just been sick again

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 299
RonMariner
February 17, 2021, 7:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Might be worth not feeding the troll for a few days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 299
30 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.