Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Jackal and 18 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,164 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
February 10, 2021, 3:45am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,843
Gold Stars: 26
I'm tickled pink

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 299
ska face
February 10, 2021, 4:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I'm not too fussed....essentially I reckon it's cost him around £4m. If he'd not bought GTFC and instead put his money in the stock market he'd have had around 6 or 7 million now.

You what?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 299
realist
February 10, 2021, 5:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from friskneymariner

It has everything to due with the club's  current state,for 16 years he has run this club along Tory monetarist lines which reduces the value of everything to the bottom line.He has failed to appreciate that the club is a community asset ,which is a link with past and future generations.Running a football club is not like running a fish merchants,you carry the hopes and aspirations of the community and you never own it you just hold it in Trust.Failure to see that entails  you are off the same block as him.Just replying like.

It is exactly the same. You employees rely on you for their income. It is far more important than the football club. Without these wealth creators,  no matter how much you disagree with their politics, we would all be worse off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 299
WesternMariner
February 10, 2021, 8:25am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I'm not too fussed....essentially I reckon it's cost him around £4m. If he'd not bought GTFC and instead put his money in the stock market he'd have had around 6 or 7 million now.

We can always introduce a special ticket pricing scheme for former owners. £100k season ticket. 3 year saver  ticket for £200k.

I’d do him a three year saver ticket for £400k.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 299
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 9:50am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from realist

It is exactly the same. You employees rely on you for their income. It is far more important than the football club. Without these wealth creators,  no matter how much you disagree with their politics, we would all be worse off.

What a load of codswallop. Employers depend on their employees for their labour. Without labour there is no product or service and without that no profit. All the work done in the fish business needs to be done anyway, at least the end that Fenty was in.

It’s a bit different when someone comes up with an innovative idea that creates something out of nothing and genuinely adds real value. That’s when genuinely new wealth is created - when there is more stuff made or the same for less effort. The rest is just redistribution of money.

Wealth creators, my ars.e!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 299
friskneymariner
February 10, 2021, 10:29am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Much as I dislike the man, I'd draw the line at that. I know you might not mean it that way, but if his life is falling apart around him.....

All down to his own hubris, karma does indeed work in mysterious ways.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 299
RonMariner
February 10, 2021, 12:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
For me, what he decides to do with the £200k of shares gifted to him by the trust will be the indicator of the nature of the man.

Surely he must donate that back to the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 299
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 1:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RonMariner
For me, what he decides to do with the £200k of shares gifted to him by the trust will be the indicator of the nature of the man.

The nature of the man was made clear when he pointed out how expensive his car was, implying it was a worse crime that someone scratched it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 299
Northbank Mariner
February 10, 2021, 1:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from RonMariner

Unfortunately you are talking about a man who's morals appear to be lower than a snakes belly..A man prepared to get involved with a fraudster with multiple convictions, bring him into the club, the town and community.
Not a cat in hell's chance will he do the right thing and "gift" those shares back...he'll be tapping his back pocket like an Asda advert as he walks away!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 299
golfer
February 10, 2021, 4:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What a load of codswallop. Employers depend on their employees for their labour. Without labour there is no product or service and without that no profit. All the work done in the fish business needs to be done anyway, at least the end that Fenty was in.

It’s a bit different when someone comes up with an innovative idea that creates something out of nothing and genuinely adds real value. That’s when genuinely new wealth is created - when there is more stuff made or the same for less effort. The rest is just redistribution of money.

Wealth creators, my ars.e!

I believe JSF Sold a "freezing technique" to the Americans for several million which gave him a kitty to invest in 5Star and enable him to expand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 299
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.