Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,151 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
February 11, 2021, 12:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ska face
You can just turn them off in the member centre & you won’t have to worry about them consuming your life.

You can say something like “I’m glad Fenty’s car got scratched, it’s a shame it wasn’t tipped over & set on fire” without having to worry about any little red crosses.

Not the least bit worried about red crosses but am curious to what distorted individuals could still support him and their logic.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 299
DB
February 11, 2021, 12:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from realist

Your reply puzzles me. Surely by starting up and running 5 star fish he generated a reasonable amount of wealth. By doing so he generated employment for a few hundred workers who would have been on benefits if not for their jobs. They spend money and the wider economy benefits. So you would sooner have a football club at the expense of greater unemployment and poverty? Try telling those affected what your priorities are and report back.

I seem to recall that Bluecrest (ladysmith rd.))lost a lot of business and employees once 5* opened up. It was suggested that their was a connection with the senior managers of Bluecrest moving to 5* and taking their contacts with them. They would of course know the contract prices Bluecrest were charging and under cut Bluecrest thus gaining orders for 5*

This would mean a transfer of jobs and not additional jobs.

In your post you also fail to mention the fact that 5* had received govt. grants. In other words money we paid in tax's.

At the end of the day JF had a nice little earner for little input of capital and risk. He did not create additional wealth in the town as you suggest and merely changed the job locations. Of course my suggestions may not be true so if anyone comes up with hard facts to the contrary I will gladly apologise.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 299
DB
February 11, 2021, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

Not the least bit worried about red crosses but am curious to what distorted individuals could still support him and their logic.

Could they be sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 299
friskneymariner
February 11, 2021, 12:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Unfortunately my A.S.W. Qualification has lapsed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 299
grimsby pete
February 11, 2021, 1:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The demand for the fish he sold was there any way. If not him, it would have been another business selling it. He wasn’t creating any work in a real sense. He just owned a business that got there before the others. Those jobs would exists within another business if not 5 Star Fish.

But without the workers no such business would make any money.

Business only works if it has the staff to do the job.

Staff can only earn a living if a business employs them.

So they need each other a good business will look after their staff realizing what an assert they are.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 299
Fillipe Noche
February 11, 2021, 2:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
John will be a massive loss to the council. He has done a tremendous job.

Well done John on a great role that you’ve fulfilled, and enjoy the time you have to now spend with your lovely family.

Thank you too for everything you’ve done in supporting Grimsby Town FC financially. You won’t get many thanks in this place, but you certainly have my gratitude for getting the club I love financially stable and keeping it that way

👏👏👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 299
friskneymariner
February 11, 2021, 3:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Well done John on a great role that you’ve fulfilled, and enjoy the time you have to now spend with your lovely family.

Thank you too for everything you’ve done in supporting Grimsby Town FC financially. You won’t get many thanks in this place, but you certainly have my gratitude for getting the club I love financially stable and keeping it that way

👏👏👏

Not to mention taking the club back to non league by appointing a succession of disastrous managers ,but hey ho the club is in the black so he has been a great success.Seriously this is the mark of the mentality of people who support him,the club is financially stable and that is  defined as success.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 299
chrissy
February 11, 2021, 3:09pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563

👏👏👏

You forgot the wink  

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 299
Fillipe Noche
February 11, 2021, 3:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from friskneymariner

Not to mention taking the club back to non league by appointing a succession of disastrous managers ,but hey ho the club is in the black so he has been a great success.Seriously this is the mark of the mentality of people who support him,the club is financially stable and that is  defined as success.

Like it has in its entire history, the football on the pitch and the relative football success and failure, will fluctuate and vary. Nothing will ever change that. There will always be ups and downs and that is just sport.

But you don’t get any of those sporting ups and downs if there isn’t financial stability on the table.

If people only ever expect forward momentum and success, then sadly they shouldn’t be pinning their hopes on a sport.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 299
DB
February 11, 2021, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker

👏👏👏

Not to mention the £200K in free shares you've got from the supporters, which I'm sure given the responsible moral upstanding man you are will be returned to the supporters. On the other hand you could be holding onto them, profiteering out of good fans and proving how the vile comments about on this site may be true.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 299
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.