Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,165 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
February 11, 2021, 3:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

Not to mention the £200K in free shares you've got from the supporters, which I'm sure given the responsible moral upstanding man you are will be returned to the supporters. On the other hand you could be holding onto them, profiteering out of good fans and proving how the vile comments about on this site may be true.

Is this a wind up or something? Those £200,000 of shares were not given to John by the supporters. They were given to him by the Mariners Trust and the members of the Trust decided to do that. They weren’t forced to do it, they could have held on to them if they wanted to. Why didn’t they?

Do you really think that the Mariners Trust was merely loaning John ownership of those shares? Don’t be daft. They gave those shares for a very good and valid reason and the bigger picture at that time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 299
Boris Johnson
February 11, 2021, 3:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from friskneymariner

Not to mention taking the club back to non league by appointing a succession of disastrous managers ,but hey ho the club is in the black so he has been a great success.Seriously this is the mark of the mentality of people who support him,the club is financially stable and that is  defined as success.

this is the one that boils my urine

Newell - accepted as positive at the time
Jolley - accepted as positive at the time
Holloway - unanimously accepted at the time

its not like Guardiola had put in an application is it?  If your argument is about financial support then you make have a case, but IM not privy to what sort of budgets the club have had, but he picked on more than one occasion managers that were welcomed.

As an aside at what point will you deem Hurst a disaster, and will you blame Fenty if and when we are relegated?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 299
DB
February 11, 2021, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Is this a wind up or something? Those £200,000 of shares were not given to John by the supporters. They were given to him by the Mariners Trust and the members of the Trust decided to do that. They weren’t forced to do it, they could have held on to them if they wanted to. Why didn’t they?

Do you really think that the Mariners Trust was merely loaning John ownership of those shares? Don’t be daft. They gave those shares for a very good and valid reason and the bigger picture at that time.

I apologise, please replace supporters with Mariners Trust. The Bigger picture is now with the consortium so surely he would want to return the shares, this being a very good reason so they could add them to their existing share  holding.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 299
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 11, 2021, 3:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

Are you genuinely serious? What exactly was the good and valid reason? They didn't hold onto the shares because Mr. Fenty used threats and bullying to gain control of those shares. The only gain made by anybody from the exchange was that John Fenty tightened his grip on the club.

The fact that you distinguish between the supporters and the Trust shows that you and your friend have never understood the Trust. Mr Fenty has always been excrement scared of the supporters actually getting organised and thats why he always viewed the Trust(s) as a threat to his kingdom.

I will never thank him for anything. He is the opposite of King Midas, everything he touches turns to excrement.

Good riddance to him.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 299
grimsby pete
February 11, 2021, 4:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
The Trust is the voice of the supporters .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 299
toontown
February 11, 2021, 4:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,277
Gold Stars: 70

I thought at the time he said he would only hold on to the 200k in shares whilst he needed them to remain the largest shareholder (thus protecting his investment as he saw it) and he would return them when this was no longer the case. I may be totally wrong on that but its my recollection. Therefore in the takeover scenario he should be returning them to the Trust.

Does anyone else remember that? I could be wrong.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 299
friskneymariner
February 11, 2021, 4:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
I can assure you I did not view Newell as positive at the time,knowing several Luton fans his antics were well known and shows an appalling lack of due diligence in appointing him

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 299
pen penfras
February 11, 2021, 5:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from friskneymariner
I can assure you I did not view Newell as positive at the time,knowing several Luton fans his antics were well known and shows an appalling lack of due diligence in appointing him

Almost every manager he's appointed has been the popular choice except a couple of occasions.

Due diligence is hardly something that's easily done. Every set of supporters says bad things when somebody leaves, not least the fans of a club where he dobbed them in and set their downfall in motion.

Clubs can't go round saying all the bad things about managers to each other because the law doesn't allow it, much like I can't give somebody a bad reference if a new employer contacts me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 299
ginnywings
February 11, 2021, 5:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Like it has in its entire history, the football on the pitch and the relative football success and failure, will fluctuate and vary. Nothing will ever change that. There will always be ups and downs and that is just sport.

But you don’t get any of those sporting ups and downs if there isn’t financial stability on the table.

If people only ever expect forward momentum and success, then sadly they shouldn’t be pinning their hopes on a sport.  

Still waiting for the ups Phil. Guess they will never materialise under JF now, but with his track record, they never would have.

By far the least successful period on the pitch in our entire history. 20 years going nowhere but down.

Some legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 299
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 11, 2021, 5:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from pen penfras

Almost every manager he's appointed has been the popular choice except a couple of occasions.

Due diligence is hardly something that's easily done. Every set of supporters says bad things when somebody leaves, not least the fans of a club where he dobbed them in and set their downfall in motion.

Clubs can't go round saying all the bad things about managers to each other because the law doesn't allow it, much like I can't give somebody a bad reference if a new employer contacts me.

The ‘popular’ choice as manager isn’t always the best option. Look at Wenger, Pochettino at Soton, Buckley...

Look at what populism has done to politics in the US, UK, France and beyond.

It should be easy for a football club owner to do due diligence on a prospective new manager. That doesn’t involve asking biased fans of clubs. Most owners speak to one another.

I ‘know’ (as in, I very, very occasionally speak to) owners and directors of clubs, from the Championship downwards, and whenever I mention I support GTFC, their eyes glaze over and it invariably involves them telling me that JSF is a complete moron.

Other owners and people within the industry could have told Fenty that Newell liked the 5.2% libido reducer or that Holloway was a charlatan.

Most of our other managers, I haven’t minded. It was mostly a case of wrong place, wrong time, wrong club (i.e. wrong owner).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 299
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.