Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,159 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 14, 2021, 11:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

The supporters wanted to be a part of the promotion push, and their fund raising was terrific. As a club we could not deny supporters wishes to do what they wanted. It was an amazing gesture and wholly appreciated. It was galvanising, and demonstrable of just how together the fan base was with the board and the entire club, in a collective desire to push for promotion. It was everything that Grimsby supporters are, just amazing supporters.

It’s a shame St John and his apostles (especially Stephen the Tax Collector) didn’t think the effort was worth it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 299
1mickylyons
February 15, 2021, 1:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
You lot have just no idea.
You think that what John has done is merely accountable on a pitch.
You also think that the published accounts are the only story teller. They don’t tell the half about the things he did out of his own pocket outside of published management accounts. The things he’s paid for personally, both for the club, and for people who work at the club.

There’s a former player that still lives in Grimsby, who actually is still involved in football. Go seek him out and listen to how highly he praises John for personally paying for private medical treatment he needed, out of his own pocket. Not the one and only time he did this either.

At every twist and turn, John has been there for the club, and for those employed there, and there have been many times when this has been at his own cost, out of his own personal funds, for no other reason than being a caring person, a generous person, and a good person.

When it’s all over, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be lots of stories that come out in tribute to just what a great man John has been for this club. Things John would not have wanted to be known at the time. Because he doesn’t  seek adulation or plaudits. He does what he does for genuinely nice reasons. Mark my words, when it’s over, when he’s free from all of his ties, there will be people ready to tell stories that can no longer embarrass him about his generosity because he’s no longer a part of the club. Stories of truth that will raise a lot of eye brows and leave many keyboard warriors with egg on their face

But none of that matters to most, who are shameless in blindly following the black and white stripes, with absolutely no gratitude whatsoever to the man that ensured that the black and white stripes survived.

Only we do have an idea and some of us have had the idea for a long time that your pal is a wrong un.
Sadly it took a long time for the penny to drop with the fanbase majority but he was all out of cards up his sleeve when he was exposed in December.
A sad little man with a dwindling band of hangers on like you who still hang on.
I hope he gets what he deserves it`s been a long time coming and the next time I hear about him in the paper I hope its court report.
Now crawl back under that rock and leave the fans of GTFC in peace. You know the ones who give their hard earned money unconditionally without taking it out.
Benign Loans  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 299
1mickylyons
February 15, 2021, 2:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from buckstown
Have to say it's hilarious reading  some of this. Old Fillipe casts out a massive juicy worm and the fish go into a feeding frenzy. He'll be sitting at home making the next one up as we speak, all increasingly ridiculous and it works every time
Just ignore him people, and he'll go away

Yeah hopefully under lock and key for 23 hours a day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 299
diehardmariner
February 15, 2021, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,695
Gold Stars: 540
Because he doesn’t  seek adulation or plaudits.

Private Message
Reply: 163 - 299
diehardmariner
February 15, 2021, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,695
Gold Stars: 540
Unfortunately I couldn't find a video of his cringeworthy 'what about the orange' exploits after the Spurs win, or getting carried off the pitch like an all conquering hero in 2008/09 when we avoided relegation only because other teams had large point deductions.

Definitely not about him though.
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 299
ska face
February 15, 2021, 10:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from diehardmariner
Unfortunately I couldn't find a video of his cringeworthy 'what about the orange' exploits after the Spurs win, or getting carried off the pitch like an all conquering hero in 2008/09 when we avoided relegation only because other teams had large point deductions.

Definitely not about him though.

Worry not, they’re in my dossier.

Here he is, front & centre in his cream jumper, at Trafalgar Square getting some promo shots -

There’s also video of him steaming into the middle of Omar Bogle’s interview after the PO Final, jumping around like an anus on live TV. Couldn’t find that one though.

Private Message
Reply: 165 - 299
DB
February 15, 2021, 11:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Fellipe, you said     As a club we could not deny supporters wishes to do what they wanted. - reply 159 this thread

Quoted from DB

Nice statement, so can you answer the questions I raised. Can you also advise the fans, as the club did not want  to deny supporters wishes and what they wanted, why the club did not maintain the push in league 2 and why the new stadium was never built in these 16 years. You are using the 'We' term so you are obviously on the inside as opposed to looking in from the outside.

Can you now answer my questions which were 'So if the supporters money was not needed why did he accept it ? So why did the budget need enhancing, surely JF should have had the funds to enhance the budget for promotion . Given that JF accepted the money why didn't he suggest that he would return the money to the fans ?'

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 299
DB
February 15, 2021, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
I'm still waiting for an answer Fillipe.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 299
aldi_01
February 15, 2021, 7:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB
I'm still waiting for an answer Fillipe.

We’re still waiting to be tickled pink and have the hairs on the back of our neck stand up because of those signings 3 years ago...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 299
moosey_club
February 15, 2021, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ska face

Worry not, they’re in my dossier.

Here he is, front & centre in his cream jumper, at Trafalgar Square getting some promo shots -

There’s also video of him steaming into the middle of Omar Bogle’s interview after the PO Final, jumping around like an anus on live TV. Couldn’t find that one though.

If the cameraman had waited 10 minutes he would have seen JF scale the column and push Nelson off to take his place.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 299
30 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.