Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 11 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,161 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
realist
February 10, 2021, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What a load of codswallop. Employers depend on their employees for their labour. Without labour there is no product or service and without that no profit. All the work done in the fish business needs to be done anyway, at least the end that Fenty was in.

It’s a bit different when someone comes up with an innovative idea that creates something out of nothing and genuinely adds real value. That’s when genuinely new wealth is created - when there is more stuff made or the same for less effort. The rest is just redistribution of money.

Wealth creators, my ars.e!

Your reply puzzles me. Surely by starting up and running 5 star fish he generated a reasonable amount of wealth. By doing so he generated employment for a few hundred workers who would have been on benefits if not for their jobs. They spend money and the wider economy benefits. So you would sooner have a football club at the expense of greater unemployment and poverty? Try telling those affected what your priorities are and report back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 299
aldi_01
February 10, 2021, 6:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from RonMariner
For me, what he decides to do with the £200k of shares gifted to him by the trust will be the indicator of the nature of the man.

Surely he must donate that back to the club?

Erm? You realise who you’re talking about yeh?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 299
Maringer
February 10, 2021, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 299
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The nature of the man was made clear when he pointed out how expensive his car was, implying it was a worse crime that someone scratched it.

Any of the red crossers like to explain why you think differently?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 299
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 11:20pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from realist

Your reply puzzles me. Surely by starting up and running 5 star fish he generated a reasonable amount of wealth. By doing so he generated employment for a few hundred workers who would have been on benefits if not for their jobs. They spend money and the wider economy benefits. So you would sooner have a football club at the expense of greater unemployment and poverty? Try telling those affected what your priorities are and report back.

The demand for the fish he sold was there any way. If not him, it would have been another business selling it. He wasn’t creating any work in a real sense. He just owned a business that got there before the others. Those jobs would exists within another business if not 5 Star Fish.

But without the workers no such business would make any money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 299
friskneymariner
February 10, 2021, 11:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38

Don't hold your breath the Fenty sycophants are complete cowards,they hide behind anonymity and just give red cross.Surely no one but a sycophant or a relative can attempt to justify his action.Love to have  an opportunity to understand as to why they still support him

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 299
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2021, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

Don't hold your breath the Fenty sycophants are complete cowards,they hide behind anonymity and just give red cross.Surely no one but a sycophant or a relative can attempt to justify his action.Love to have  an opportunity to understand as to why they still support him

There are Fenty supporters, eg PP and Big Fil, who are very vocal on lots of issues. But not vocal on Fenty being a tw@ over the £80k car scratch remarks because even they realise that attitude is indefensible.

Very self-revealing remark by Fenty that night.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 299
DB
February 11, 2021, 12:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391

I posted :-

I might be wrong but didn't he get govt. grants to build his fish business and when the grant repayment deadline passed he sold the company.

I's similar to getting £200K's worth of shares and not giving it back.

Then of theirs Mr May who's done his time.

Track record

Enough said

Equals 10 X's

As Kingston Mariner said " Care to explain why" don't mind the cross's but if you disagree with this post  please say so. What did I post that is incorrect? or tell us what is so good about Fenty.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 299
RonMariner
February 11, 2021, 11:15am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from DB

I posted :-

I might be wrong but didn't he get govt. grants to build his fish business and when the grant repayment deadline passed he sold the company.

I's similar to getting £200K's worth of shares and not giving it back.

Then of theirs Mr May who's done his time.

Track record

Enough said

Equals 10 X's

As Kingston Mariner said " Care to explain why" don't mind the cross's but if you disagree with this post  please say so. What did I post that is incorrect? or tell us what is so good about Fenty.

I think it would be useful to remove the anonymity of the crosses, good or bad and the Gold Stars. You can see who gives you a good or bad reputation score if you want, so why not have the same ability for the crosses and stars?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 299
ska face
February 11, 2021, 11:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
You can just turn them off in the member centre & you won’t have to worry about them consuming your life.

You can say something like “I’m glad Fenty’s car got scratched, it’s a shame it wasn’t tipped over & set on fire” without having to worry about any little red crosses.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 299
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.