Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,155 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
February 11, 2021, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from ginnywings

Still waiting for the ups Phil. Guess they will never materialise under JF now, but with his track record, they never would have.

By far the least successful period on the pitch in our entire history. 20 years going nowhere but down.

Some legacy.

Remind me how many times our small club has graced Wembley Stadium under John’s tenure? We’ve had some terrific times. Oh and a trip to Cardiff too.

He’s appointed managers that were popular choices.

He has backed everyone of them financially and given every one of them more than a fair crack of the whip.

He’s been brilliant, and absolutely nobody can say otherwise. Without John you wouldn’t even have a club to support right now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 299
friskneymariner
February 11, 2021, 5:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
His'' brilliance'' has left us at the very bottom of the football league,god help us if he had only been mediocre.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 299
It Bites
February 11, 2021, 5:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Remind me how many times our small club has graced Wembley Stadium under John’s tenure? We’ve had some terrific times. Oh and a trip to Cardiff too.

He has backed everyone of them financially and given every one of them more than a fair crack of the whip.

He’s been brilliant, and absolutely nobody can say otherwise. Without John you wouldn’t even have a club to support right now

AFC Grimsby ? ....... You can't count non league Wembley visits as success really
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 299
ginnywings
February 11, 2021, 5:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Not worthy of a reply. 50 years supporting Town, and I know what I've witnessed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 299
moosey_club
February 11, 2021, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pen penfras

Almost every manager he's appointed has been the popular choice except a couple of occasions.

Due diligence is hardly something that's easily done. Every set of supporters says bad things when somebody leaves, not least the fans of a club where he dobbed them in and set their downfall in motion.

Clubs can't go round saying all the bad things about managers to each other because the law doesn't allow it, much like I can't give somebody a bad reference if a new employer contacts me.

You can give a factual reference, if the facts are bad then in effect its a bad reference.  The only rules regards references are that they cannot be    misleading , inaccurate or discriminatory.
So for instance if  Former Manager A had been disciplined for late time keeping, arriving drunk at work, violent conduct to other staff or other breaches of policies etc then that can be shared as it would be factual. If he was suspected of the above but never investigated and proven, then it couldnt.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 299
Northbank Mariner
February 11, 2021, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172

Seriously, I'm sure you need help, you really do!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 299
moosey_club
February 11, 2021, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226

was it your tongue that was firmly in your cheek or JF's member when you made that post. ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 299
realist
February 11, 2021, 6:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41

Absolute rubbish. He was more interested in protecting his interests than the club. If we had gone into administration we could have wiped out all debt and emerged stronger as many lower league clubs did , we would have emerged stronger and been far better off now. Instead he paralysed the club by just putting in enough so the club survived, but more importantly, his loans weren't written off
Then there was the debt to the inland revenue of withheld income tax

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 299
MNH1972
February 11, 2021, 6:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
[quote=14077

Your such a bell end Phillip

Is this a wind up or something? Those £200,000 of shares were not given to John by the supporters. They were given to him by the Mariners Trust and the members of the Trust decided to do that. They weren’t forced to do it, they could have held on to them if they wanted to. Why didn’t they?

Do you really think that the Mariners Trust was merely loaning John ownership of those shares? Don’t be daft. They gave those shares for a very good and valid reason and the bigger picture at that time.

[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 299
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 11, 2021, 7:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

Two non league play off finals, Two FA Trophy finals plus a League 2 play off final. How many did we win Felipe? How many relegations? How many promotions? In debt. If thats brilliant I sure hope we never get someone who is crap.

Existence with him as benefactor was worse than death and rebirth. However he used propoganda from the pulpit to hide the real truth. As Baudelaire said “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 299
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.