Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

This thread currently has 31,158 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
February 13, 2021, 9:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
You lot have just no idea.
You think that what John has done is merely accountable on a pitch.
You also think that the published accounts are the only story teller. They don’t tell the half about the things he did out of his own pocket outside of published management accounts. The things he’s paid for personally, both for the club, and for people who work at the club.

There’s a former player that still lives in Grimsby, who actually is still involved in football. Go seek him out and listen to how highly he praises John for personally paying for private medical treatment he needed, out of his own pocket. Not the one and only time he did this either.

At every twist and turn, John has been there for the club, and for those employed there, and there have been many times when this has been at his own cost, out of his own personal funds, for no other reason than being a caring person, a generous person, and a good person.

When it’s all over, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be lots of stories that come out in tribute to just what a great man John has been for this club. Things John would not have wanted to be known at the time. Because he doesn’t  seek adulation or plaudits. He does what he does for genuinely nice reasons. Mark my words, when it’s over, when he’s free from all of his ties, there will be people ready to tell stories that can no longer embarrass him about his generosity because he’s no longer a part of the club. Stories of truth that will raise a lot of eye brows and leave many keyboard warriors with egg on their face

But none of that matters to most, who are shameless in blindly following the black and white stripes, with absolutely no gratitude whatsoever to the man that ensured that the black and white stripes survived.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 299
paul1717
February 13, 2021, 9:52am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12
Here endeth the latest sermon on the mount.

Wonder if Fillipe composed this epitaph for his leader sat on one of Chapmans horses?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 299
Posh Harry
February 13, 2021, 9:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
You also think that the published accounts are the only story teller. They don’t tell the half about the things he did out of his own pocket outside of published management accounts. The things he’s paid for personally, both for the club, and for people who work at the club.

There’s a former player that still lives in Grimsby, who actually is still involved in football. Go seek him out and listen to how highly he praises John for personally paying for private medical treatment he needed, out of his own pocket. Not the one and only time he did this either.

At every twist and turn, John has been there for the club, and for those employed there, and there have been many times when this has been at his own cost, out of his own personal funds, for no other reason than being a caring person, a generous person, and a good person.

When it’s all over, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be lots of stories that come out in tribute to just what a great man John has been for this club. Things John would not have wanted to be known at the time. Because he doesn’t  seek adulation or plaudits. He does what he does for genuinely nice reasons. Mark my words, when it’s over, when he’s free from all of his ties, there will be people ready to tell stories that can no longer embarrass him about his generosity because he’s no longer a part of the club. Stories of truth that will raise a lot of eye brows and leave many keyboard warriors with egg on their face

But none of that matters to most, who are shameless in blindly following the black and white stripes, with absolutely no gratitude whatsoever to the man that ensured that the black and white stripes survived.

I guess the ex player is not the original macca who was rewarded for his undying loyalty to the club and years of not moving elsewhere for more money only to be offered a pittance of a final contract which he basically had no choice but to accept which Fenty knew.

Yes, let’s all praise John for being that man of integrity and generosity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 299
ginnywings
February 13, 2021, 9:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It's funny that, because I know people who have been involved with the club who will tell you he is the biggest buffoon they have ever met and have nothing good to say about him at all. I'm sure there will be those who have an opposite view, but you can say that about most people.

At the end of the day, whether you think him a saint or a sinner, he has presided over a completely disastrous tenure as Chairman of GTFC. The stats don't lie and it's seems fitting that he will leave with the team on the brink of relegation to non league for the umpteenth time.

He tried, he failed spectacularly and should have moved aside long before now. The club would have survived without him, so don't give us all this "he saved GTFC" guff, because the fans wouldn't have let it die. We may have had to do what Wimbledon did, or Darlington are now doing, but we would have done it and it would have been much more fun in probability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 299
moosey_club
February 13, 2021, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
For some balance......i have been involved in several charity games played at BP down the years where our Sunday team were given free use of facilities to aid/ maintain the charitable sum raised. We could have played the games anywhere for free in reality but JF was found to be more than open and welcoming to host them.

I do still reserve the right to think he has made a bit of a pigs ear of the football club and has spearheaded some of our lowest moments though.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 299
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2021, 10:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Phil’s latest post sounds like BS to me. John Fenty not in it for plaudits and adulation. Hah!

And why stories about good things will come out when he’s no longer involved beats me. If there was much in it the stories would already be well known. You claim to know the stories Phil, yet deny you are Philip Day and are just an ordinary supporter.

Paragraphs and still couldn’t come up with one thing he’s done as a councillor to benefit the community.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 299
aldi_01
February 13, 2021, 10:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

I mean it’s ok, he’ll keep you on his payroll once he’s finally out of town, you don’t have to keep getting your knees mucky.

I mean those so called good news stories would really help him now...but much like anything surrounding the chap, it’s balderdash and you know it.

Go build a snow man or something. Your continued attempts at being a WUM are becoming tiresome and prosy at best...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 299
TownSNAFU5
February 13, 2021, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
John could have worked 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.  It does not matter.  Actions and results are how you are judged in football.  

We have been dire over his stewardship by any objective or subjective criteria and assessment.  

We should have done a lot better.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 299
Davec
February 13, 2021, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 42

who is this player? if you told us who he was then we could seek him out and listen to his stories like you want us to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 299
Hagrid
February 13, 2021, 12:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
What a load of balderdash. Fenty is arrogant egotistical greedy selfish and i dont want him anywhere near this football club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 299
30 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fenty stepping down as Councillor.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.