HertsGTFC
January 27, 2024, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
We should have let Glennon go to Preston 😂😂😂

They’re not great but I’d give Amos & Michee a go, at the moment I sense neither Glennon or Mullarkey are under pressure to keep their places. Glennon looked like a competition winner in defence today.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 132
1mickylyons
January 27, 2024, 8:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56

Like stick with Hurst when every person on the fishy wanted him gone? A decision that took us up....

Memories are short here...

You won't find a post from me advocating keeping Hurst at any point during his second tenure.The change was a must but so was changing him for the better and of that I'm not convinced? This team are awful and Hurst put them together DA hasn't improved them at all at the back and his decision to let Waterfall go whilst Rodgers,Mullarkey and Maher play is bordering on Madness.3 players non of whom can head a ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 132
January 27, 2024, 8:29pm
Guest User
I think Glennon and Mullarkey are much happier as wing backs/part of a 5 than full backs.
Reply: 52 - 132
pontoonlew
January 27, 2024, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
You know there’s been a rash reaction to a defeat when Michee Efete is dubbed as Cafu
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 132
Bigwinn1975
January 27, 2024, 8:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +83
I can’t see any leadership on the pitch- whoever gets the captains armband I’m not seeing that translate- especially when heads drop

In virtually all games this season you can see the instant where we lose focus- around 30 mins mark

No one calls it or addresses it- we concede…

Artell can’t do much aside from shout from the sidelines

I know the team needs a lot of change/work but leadership could make a difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 132
January 27, 2024, 8:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Going through the turnstiles today turned to my son and brother that the ground felt drab and quite completely the opposite to the Notts County game. Well that theme continued throughout a ninety minutes that was completely dire.

As others have said why the intercourse would you play Clifton wide right ahead of Vernam? Absolute madness. The midfield trio didn’t have one player good enough to play at this level and they were hiding every time our defenders looked to play the ball forward. Shocking team selection.

Fed up of watching Rose battle up front totally isolated, we have no physicality anywhere in the team and based on today no tactical plan. The after match interview reminded me of Keith Hill when he was at Scunny and we all know how that finished. He seems to become more incoherent with every interview and I for one am very quickly losing confidence in him.

After the excitement of the last game this was back to reality and yet another drab and miserable afternoon spent on at Blundell Park. Getting harder to make the effort and season ticket money might go on something more entertaining next season.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet then. Back in October  I was offered work at Donny races this weekend. I decided to take it given the poverty of what I was watching at the time. Not sure I'll be able to muster the enthusiasm to renew next season.

I seriously thought about going to Accrington but I've had enough misery there before. Probably watch my local side Club Thorne Colliery instead and save at least £30 of ticket and travel cost.

Donny is a big game. Their fans expect them to go down.

Reply: 55 - 132
The Dogs Testicles
January 27, 2024, 9:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -115
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from 140381
I think Glennon and Mullarkey are much happier as wing backs/part of a 5 than full backs.

Glennon and Mullarkey are only happy going forward. Both absolutely woeful at Defending. Add Rodgers’ appalling positioning to the mix and you have the ingredients to leak goals left, right and Chelsea!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 132
Lincspoacher
January 27, 2024, 9:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
Only just back, as went to Steels to ease the pain, of what was the worst home performance since some of last seasons under Hurst.

Worried a bit for the first time tbh.

Midfield was awful, off the pace, technically deficient and lacked physicality.

Our fullbacks can’t defend and Glennon is a wingers delight to play against.

If Forest Green or Sutton wake up, could be an uncomfortable run in.

Need some quality in quickly
Ps. We signed a new left back this evening welcome Kemar Lawrence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 132
The Dogs Testicles
January 27, 2024, 9:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -115
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Only just back, as went to Steels to ease the pain, of what was the worst home performance since some of last seasons under Hurst.

Worried a bit for the first time tbh.

Midfield was awful, off the pace, technically deficient and lacked physicality.

Our fullbacks can’t defend and Glennon is a wingers delight to play against.

If Forest Green or Sutton wake up, could be an uncomfortable run in.

Need some quality in quickly
Ps. We signed a new left back this evening welcome Kemar Lawrence

New LB? Have we??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 132
TownSNAFU5
January 27, 2024, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Many very sensible views above.  Looking purely at home stats:  We have lost 11 points from the last 12. The only point was when we conceded 5.

We have averaged conceding very close to 4 goals a game during the last 4 home games.

Truly shocking.  Performances are getting worse not better. Drastic corrective action is needed to stop the rot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.