LocalLadGTFC
January 30, 2024, 3:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Someone sat behind me muttered the words ‘is Green the new Conteh’? It didn’t take long to find out.

Poor mans Derek Niven
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 130 - 132
Mappers
January 30, 2024, 3:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
We have the 2 CM's left that are the complete contradiction  of  Artell's beliefs in terms of how he is going to play (3 if you include Clifton) .

I like Green , he's 100%er but receiving the ball on the half turn or with a man on his back is always going to be a recipe for disaster and I'm not sure it's possible to coach it into someone who's not technically capable .

Same with Gav , I think he's a good player (reminds me a bit of Lampard , obviously at a lower level ) much better when his imvolvement isn't so much in the build up or on the ball , but getting in and around people, getting into the box and getting some long range shots off .

Their day's are numbered you would have thought long term at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 132
toontown
January 30, 2024, 4:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mappers
We have the 2 CM's left that are the complete contradiction  of  Artell's beliefs in terms of how he is going to play (3 if you include Clifton) .

I like Green , he's 100%er but receiving the ball on the half turn or with a man on his back is always going to be a recipe for disaster and I'm not sure it's possible to coach it into someone who's not technically capable .

Same with Gav , I think he's a good player (reminds me a bit of Lampard , obviously at a lower level ) much better when his imvolvement isn't so much in the build up or on the ball , but getting in and around people, getting into the box and getting some long range shots off .

Their day's are numbered you would have thought long term at least

Presumably he thought woods a d Andrews being higher league academy products would suit that style better. Andrews has always been very meh though, not particularly good or bad at anything. Woods was just really off the pace, expecting loads more time than he will get at this level, hopefully he learns quickly.

Hunt would surely suit his style better so long as he's kept away from our own box, even with his poor decision making and inconsistent passing ability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.