14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2024, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
I’m trying desperately not to be too angry but that was absolutely woeful.

When it comes to player ratings, there’s going to be a few shockers. Our best player was probably Chas - even Danny was subdued after getting carded early. Anybody remember how good we were against Crewe?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 132
headingly_mariner
January 27, 2024, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
It was a mistake to play Wood and Andrews. Thought Wood had few decent touches and was unlucky to be the one subbed. Holohan should've been in from the start for one of them, and Vernam was really unlucky to miss out. When Harry moved into the middle he pinched the ball more times than the two young lads had managed all game. Thought Maher's passing improved us slightly and Vernam was lively.

Ref let them intercourse about and control it. We also had a clear pen denied for the rugby tackle on Green.
That doesn't take away from us being excrement.

We can't risk going back down and it just feels like Artell is flipping about with a revolution when some of the experienced players he's freezing out atm have a better chance of keeping us up. He also comes across as a bit of a know it all male masturbator in his interviews, which is fine if we aren't excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 132
RonMariner
January 27, 2024, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
I'm too depressed to have a decent rant. That's how bad things are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 132
Mappers
January 27, 2024, 6:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from davmariner
That post-match interview was worrying. Has he lost the plot already?

Hope not ,it took him 3 seasons (and a promotion) at Crewe so a few games in would be a bit early in the piece
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 132
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2024, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Two weeks into his tenure, we completely outplayed Crewe with 8 of today’s starting eleven. Green, Andrews and Wood are the three who played today - they were all shocking - Conteh, Gnahoua and Hunt are the three they replaced.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 132
Maringer
January 27, 2024, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It was a mistake to play Wood and Andrews. Thought Wood had few decent touches and was unlucky to be the one subbed.

Really? I can't recall a single occasion in the second half where we retained possession when he received the ball. He just kept turning into trouble and losing it of miscontrolling it and losing it. It was much the same during the first half as well. Hopefully, just an off-day for him because he did nothing to help the defence and rarely found a teammate with the ball.

Not that he was alone in this sort of a performance. Clifton was much the same, for instance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 132
Hagrid
January 27, 2024, 6:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Two weeks into his tenure, we completely outplayed Crewe with 8 of today’s starting eleven. Green, Andrews and Wood are the three who played today - they were all shocking - Conteh, Gnahoua and Hunt are the three they replaced.

I really like Arthur and I think we miss him.

No idea if Hunt is injured, I know some have said he is, but he’s just completely vanished
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 132
Corkyefes
January 27, 2024, 6:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Everything about today was poor....

- The whole performance from the players (not one of them can come out with any credit).
- Artells selections (Holohan and Maher should of been in from the start for some leadership).
- Artells late subs (dont understand 87th minute subs when we are chasing a game).
- Artells interview (sounded depressed and didnt offer any encouraging words).
- The atmosphere (but lets be honest, who can blame us).

However, the fact of the matter is that at least 8 of them players are not good enough and the others are inconsistant.
In the summer, if we survive relegation (which to be honest i think we will but only because there will only just be two teams worse than us) then an absolute full overhaul is needed of the whole squad.

The defensive back line is probably one of the worst I've seen watching Town and I've seen a fair few relegation teams.

Harvey Rodgers is one of the worst centre backs i've seen in a Town shirt.
Made me laugh in the second half, when the ball got played in the air, and he had about 20 minutes to judge it and he still missed it and the striker nearly got in on goal.

I'll be honest, the season just seems dead to me.
I dont see any decent signings in January coming (lets be honest, who would want to come here) and i think we just muddle of way through to May.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 132
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2024, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

I really like Arthur and I think we miss him.

No idea if Hunt is injured, I know some have said he is, but he’s just completely vanished

I’ve been told today that Hunt and Khouri are going out on loan. There’s an argument to say both should have started today.

Regarding Vernam, he was apparently injured in training early in the week which is why Wood started.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 132
Mariner_501
January 27, 2024, 6:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Agree about backline. Relegation back 4 and Harvey Rodgers is the worst starting centre back since Hope and Heywood
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.