RonMariner
January 29, 2024, 4:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,691
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GibMariner
Or arrived at our level as disappointing that may seem.

Yes, I was thinking that.  I remember us beating the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves and over half the current premiership teams in normal league fixtures, many away from home. Now the mighty Harrogate give us a footballing lesson on our own turf.

Maybe the days of us getting to the championship again are long gone. When you consider LIncoln have to suffer losses of more  than £2 million a year just to achieve mid table in L1 maybe the financial absurdity of the modern game means we can never again realistically aspire to such elevated status.

We punched above our weight back then, but now the mountain seems much much harder to climb.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 132
1mickylyons
January 29, 2024, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from RonMariner

Yes, I was thinking that.  I remember us beating the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves and over half the current premiership teams in normal league fixtures, many away from home. Now the mighty Harrogate give us a footballing lesson on our own turf.

Maybe the days of us getting to the championship again are long gone. When you consider LIncoln have to suffer losses of more  than £2 million a year just to achieve mid table in L1 maybe the financial absurdity of the modern game means we can never again realistically aspire to such elevated status.

We punched above our weight back then, but now the mountain seems much much harder to climb.    

That's what hurts the most in the 80s and 90s the Town fans turned up and expected to beat anyone at home and often did.Now I  go purely in hope of seeing a win I expect nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 132
January 29, 2024, 4:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from DB

As far as I'm aware this is the first time I have mentioned  B Corps. The real question is

What is it with you wanting to have a go at everybody, even those who have supported you?

Stop talking rubbish, having a go at everybody lol, those who supported me lol.  You are a joke, you should be on a stage.

Reply: 122 - 132
Northbank Mariner
January 29, 2024, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

Stop talking rubbish, having a go at everybody lol, those who supported me lol.  You are a joke, you should be on a stage.

There you go again, being passive aggressive, and you are confrontational, you very seldom have an opinion on anything but question what everyone puts on a forum where we discuss many things most of which based on conjunctive, supposition and rumours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 132
thornemariner
January 29, 2024, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from RonMariner

Remember those days well, Ron. My first season was 1979-80 and I was hooked by my first game which was Town 4 Blackpool 3.

We're actually getting better home crowds than we did in the second tier sometimes but for such little reward.  Hard to believe it has come to this.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 132
January 30, 2024, 9:13am
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

There you go again, being passive aggressive, and you are confrontational, you very seldom have an opinion on anything but question what everyone puts on a forum where we discuss many things most of which based on conjunctive, supposition and rumours

And there you go with this 'passive aggressive' sh!te.  So I question what everyone puts on the forum do I, lol, the irony of that.  What I do, is, if you actually read my posts instead of making up stuff, you would see that I ask people to show me evidence of the so called facts they post, if you think that's confrontational, then I can't help you.  Like someone yesterday said that I had posted back in 2021 that we would win every game, lol.  I asked him to show me proof of that, so far he hasn't.

As you said, this is a forum were people post their opinions, so I post mine here too, if you want to question them, go ahead, but FFS make a proper argument instead of making stuff up, like "but question what everyone puts on a forum".  Everyone, really!  Lol.
Reply: 125 - 132
Northbank Mariner
January 30, 2024, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

And there you go with this 'passive aggressive' sh!te.  So I question what everyone puts on the forum do I, lol, the irony of that.  What I do, is, if you actually read my posts instead of making up stuff, you would see that I ask people to show me evidence of the so called facts they post, if you think that's confrontational, then I can't help you.  Like someone yesterday said that I had posted back in 2021 that we would win every game, lol.  I asked him to show me proof of that, so far he hasn't.

As you said, this is a forum were people post their opinions, so I post mine here too, if you want to question them, go ahead, but FFS make a proper argument instead of making stuff up, like "but question what everyone puts on a forum".  Everyone, really!  Lol.

Oh wind your neck in you buffoon...you'll be having a stroke at this rate!!..
Have you asked yourself why I, and many other posters, have questioned you're approach on here?..
You come across as an arrogant, ignorant know it all who wants  to do nothing but try to get a response out of people by running them up the wrong way....oh, and by the way, its 2024, LOL was so 2020, get with times will you!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 132
Hagrid
January 30, 2024, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,416
Gold Stars: 534
Please bite back bear, please, Make my day
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 132
A Brace Of Tees
January 30, 2024, 3:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
Going back to the match on Saturday, what struck me most was the lack of a proper link between defence and midfield.

Losing Conteh is pretty disastrous as he was excellent at receiving the ball under pressure, shielding it and laying off a simple pass - no one else in the squad seems remotely close to having that skill.

I just hope and pray that a capable replacement is being lined up before the window closes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 132
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2024, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Going back to the match on Saturday, what struck me most was the lack of a proper link between defence and midfield.

Losing Conteh is pretty disastrous as he was excellent at receiving the ball under pressure, shielding it and laying off a simple pass - no one else in the squad seems remotely close to having that skill.

I just hope and pray that a capable replacement is being lined up before the window closes.

Someone sat behind me muttered the words ‘is Green the new Conteh’? It didn’t take long to find out.
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.