14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 20, 2024, 9:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
Mappers - Jason actually tweeted about this yesterday, and linked it to the St. Gallois twitter thread, which explained what it meant to them  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 136
Mappers
January 20, 2024, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,339
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from forza ivano
Mappers - Jason actually tweeted about this yesterday, and linked it to the St. Gallois twitter thread, which explained what it meant to them  

Cheers Forza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 136
pen penfras
January 20, 2024, 10:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I don't even pretend to understand the ins and outs of all this B Corp palaver but can't help wondering if it's the new brown envelope, greased palm, old boys club scenario.
It just seems to have popped up out of nowhere in recent years.

Whilst it's supposed to be entirely about the opposite of that, you can sort of see a possibility how it becomes that way. Where companies only want to deal with other B Corp accredited companies and it essentially becomes a club for like minded people to find others that think like them and only deal with them. Not exactly different to the masons, but it's a stretch to suggest that's what is happening right now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 136
pen penfras
January 20, 2024, 10:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Because the £50 used for the application could of been used to buy a new centre half !!!!

The cost is not £50 though, is it? The application fee is irrelevant and there's then membership fees which are higher, but based on company income so probably not huge.

But add in all the man hours that the application requires, all the time and cost of changing the infrastructure to comply and all the other things we have to do that don't really apply to football clubs and the cost is easily in the tens and possibly hundreds of thousands.

I don't disagree with anything that B Corp stands for, I just think you can do all of it without having to be part of some paid club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 136
GYinScuntland
January 20, 2024, 11:03am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from LH
Oh great - another thread of middle aged men wondering aloud (or in text form at least) variations of: “I don’t understanding this therefore it must be woke and/or corrupt”.

Well please feel free to cancel us then, which is how it seems to go these days when our opinions don't match with yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 136
Balthazar Bullitt
January 20, 2024, 11:35am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16

Well please feel free to cancel us then, which is how it seems to go these days when our opinions don't match with yours.

You're cancelled.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 136
chaos33
January 20, 2024, 11:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

Give us some examples of people who have been cancelled…

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 136
LocalLadGTFC
January 20, 2024, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from pen penfras

The cost is not £50 though, is it? The application fee is irrelevant and there's then membership fees which are higher, but based on company income so probably not huge.

But add in all the man hours that the application requires, all the time and cost of changing the infrastructure to comply and all the other things we have to do that don't really apply to football clubs and the cost is easily in the tens and possibly hundreds of thousands.

I don't disagree with anything that B Corp stands for, I just think you can do all of it without having to be part of some paid club.

Oh no, the man hours of filling in an application form when Jason should quite clearly be out on the training pitch teaching Harvey Rodgers how to defend the near post and Toby Mullarkey how to stop a cross !!!!

Load of shite mate, based on your previous post aswell. I've worked in association with companies that are BCorp and my company itself isn't BCorp. There's plenty of posts on this thread alone from people with much more understanding of what BCorp brings to a business and I assume you haven't read those either. The cost is quite literally £250 for the full application, and membership fees would probably be £2000. Your next point referring to cost of changing the infrastructure, we had no infrastructure before they took the club on, the infrastructure has doubled in size. I don't see how that can be deemed as a bad thing, the club is now a well run organisation. Janice the tea lady isn't also picking up shifts behind the till on Match Days serving tickets or in the club shop. Steve Crousden isn't having to urine about washing and sorting the first team kits or equipment. We have some very good people in very good positions that have been brought into the club because of the added infrastructure. That wasn't anything to do with BCorp or meeting there accreditations, it was purely down to being somewhat run like an actual football club and an actual business.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 136
GYinScuntland
January 20, 2024, 1:05pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from chaos33

Me for a start, see above. 😆
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 136
rancido
January 20, 2024, 1:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from chaos33

Would you regard J K Rowling's treatment by the Transgender movement over her views as being " cancelled"?
It's not enough for the " Woke Movement" to have contrary views to their beliefs, you are subjected to vilification for having them. It's just like the book 1984 , you don't have to just accept Big Brother, you have to love him.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 136
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.