14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 19, 2024, 7:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
My take on this is that the 2 owners have made a success of their careers, enough to be able to afford to buy a football club, so if this is the way they want to go, then I couldn't give a shiny sh1te.

They seem to know what they are doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 136
Northbank Mariner
January 19, 2024, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,465
Gold Stars: 171
Non football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 136
chaos33
January 19, 2024, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Not sure about non football. Non thinker. Non reader. Non intelligence. More like.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 136
PDXMariner
January 19, 2024, 9:30pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +36
The company I work for are ISO14001 accredited, in that we have an environmental management system that is auditted and reviewed annually.
I always get the comments similar to what we are reading here about B Corp. 'What do we get for it?' 'Expensive for a logo on our headed notepaper' etc etc.

In my job i see first hand that for us having that accreditation gives us huge cost reductions in certain areas, and the benefits far outweigh the costs. This is not really known by anyone outside of my team and the finance teams as we don't divulge financials to that level.

My point is, there are a lot of things going on in the business part of the football club which we have no idea about. I can't imagine they are doing this for the good of their health, no matter what they say. Ultimately the club is a business, and they're not going to do something which costs money, without any benefit coming from it.

Just my 10c worth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 136
Northbank Mariner
January 19, 2024, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,465
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from chaos33
Not sure about non football. Non thinker. Non reader. Non intelligence. More like.

If you're referring to me, intelligent is what I very much am, if you're referring to the thread, I apologise in advance but I'll maintain WTF has the club gaining BCorp accreditation got to do with football...itz a non football related topic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 136
jamesgtfc
January 19, 2024, 10:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,963
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

If you're referring to me, intelligent is what I very much am, if you're referring to the thread, I apologise in advance but I'll maintain WTF has the club gaining BCorp accreditation got to do with football...itz a non football related topic.

A football club has just attained B Corp status, it's very much a football thread.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 136
GYinScuntland
January 19, 2024, 11:34pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I don't even pretend to understand the ins and outs of all this B Corp palaver but can't help wondering if it's the new brown envelope, greased palm, old boys club scenario.
It just seems to have popped up out of nowhere in recent years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 136
January 20, 2024, 8:42am
Guest User
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I don't even pretend to understand the ins and outs of all this B Corp palaver but can't help wondering if it's the new brown envelope, greased palm, old boys club scenario.
It just seems to have popped up out of nowhere in recent years.

I don't understand your take on this, just because you don't understand what B Corps is you are suggesting it's some kind of nasty back handed organisation.  Like others on here, you don't get it, so it has to be bad.

Like you, I don't understand what it is all about, but I'm not going to say it's a 'palaver', or it's the old boys scenario where people are being sneaky and 'greasing palms'.  Why would you say that when you have no idea what it is about.

Here is something for you to read, https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/certification/, maybe that will help you have a bit more understanding of what B Corps is about.  TBH it didn't help me as I am too old and not intelligent enough to understand what it all means, but that doesn't mean I am going to slag it off!
Reply: 27 - 136
LH
January 20, 2024, 9:14am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,527
Gold Stars: 173
Oh great - another thread of middle aged men wondering aloud (or in text form at least) variations of: “I don’t understand this therefore it must be woke and/or corrupt”.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 136
Mappers
January 20, 2024, 9:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Maybe a clearer wording/explanation of the benefits BCorp will bring would be a good idea from Stockwood , I don't hold much interest in it to be honest but surely more questions about that at the fans forum/DN podcast would have been more interesting than our regular ones as would some questions about the football regulator and some sort of timeframe of implementation and what it will look like ; something no one seems to have much clue about at least from the outside looking in .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 136
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.