Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood pre match

This thread currently has 14,274 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
January 2, 2024, 12:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from HerveJosse

On your point on investors we were not told that and we don’t know that no one is prepared to invest. What we have been told over the last 2 years is that JS and AP didn’t see the need for new investors and when the time is right the new investors would need to share their values. Most changes of investtors  in a football club come in times of adversity when the existing incumbents want out as happened with Fenty until then external interest goes under the radar or is blocked with phrases like tyre kickers or dont share our values. I doubt this time will be any different.

I suggest you do some more research, as you are wrong.  JS DID say that there were no investors ready to invest in the club atm, not 100% sure but I think it might have been on the fans forum, but it is definitely out there somewhere.

And here is the proof of my research, start at around 36 minutes.

https://www.google.co.uk/searc.....vid:JobR1Wb2Ma8,st:0
Reply: 90 - 174
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
The thing is….the small handful of people who are, as you say dhm, ‘digging him out’ are the usual suspects who post badly written, spiteful cobblers on here on a reasonably regular basis - usually after a substantial disappointment. We all know who they are. 5 or 6 of them. They voted Brexit. They watch GB News. They service some concept of ‘lefty’ as the actual cause of the things they’re socially angry about, despite not realising that nobody remotely left leaning has had any sort of executive power for a decade and a half, and who can’t evolve their opinions and post a cogent argument.

These are the reasons JS has concluded that being on the fishy isn’t a good idea. And he’s right. I wouldn’t touch it if it were me. Not a platform where someone in his position could have a meaningful and positive, informed discussion about key aspects of GTFC, largely for the reasons ((numb nuts posters) given above, but also because of the format - written posts on a thread by an unseen, anonymous contributor, limited in scope for detail and problematic in terms of discerning tone, subtext, context etc. This is really what he was saying. An Internet forum is not the kind of vehicle he favours for helpful, detailed discussion when time is short and pressure is high. Of course, some folk on here will miss this point (deliberately or not) and paint it their own way - calling him names, assuming his meanings, misrepresenting his intent or integrity; which kind of underlines his point doesn’t it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 174
headingly_mariner
January 2, 2024, 12:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Mappers
It's becoming more and more apparent Stockwood want's out , I'm not sure why The Fishy has become a topic of debate it seems a weird angle for conversation in interviews when there are more pressing issues to discuss .

My main concern is the 'look what I have done for you ' (how much money I have put in )angle  is now being thrown in , in every interview , forum or podcast . I get it's probably frustrating having to prop up a mess that wasn't entirely of your own making but it wasn't the fans fault  either was it.

That's not becoming apparent from anything he's said in an interview 😂.

He continues to talk about long term plans and trying to continually improve the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 174
Mappers
January 2, 2024, 12:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from chaos33

I dont quite get this. Isn’t this just a mixture of received opinion, inference and anger? Where is JS irrefutably doing any of this or giving the impression he ‘wants out’? Isn’t this just little more than a combination of people being angry and wanting a scapegoat, and then speculating/having their chain pulled?

Maybe , he does want out in terms of being chairman though doesn't he as he keeps repeating that in every interview lately 'when it's the right time' - maybe he stays on the board with Pettit as chairman ?

I'm not really sure there is that much anger is there ?
Just people irked that Dean namedropped The Fishy and Stockwood gave his opinion  
It just seems a needless distraction from the mess we are in on the pitch .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 174
Mappers
January 2, 2024, 12:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That's not becoming apparent from anything he's said in an interview 😂.

He continues to talk about long term plans and trying to continually improve the club.

He continues to say 3 years is long enough to be chairman , but the disruption of recruiting a new CEO maybe means changing both roles is too much at once in his opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 174
headingly_mariner
January 2, 2024, 12:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Mappers

He continues to say 3 years is long enough to be chairman , but the disruption of recruiting a new CEO maybe means changing both roles is too much at once in his opinion.

That's not the same as wanting out of the club is it? And it's something they've said since they took the club over. He's said more about long term plans and improvement than anything else in that interview.

People have their knickers in a twist cos he's said he doesn't read the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 174
1mickylyons
January 2, 2024, 12:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
JS is the figurehead and when things are poor on the pitch he will get grief it's always been this way Ramsden,Furneax,Carr,Fenty before him all copped flak. Some of its unjustified and it should never get personal but Town being terrible on the pitch has ruined Xmas and New Year and more worrying we once again are embroiled in a relegation dogfight.
1878 have a plan off the field but it's all in the background probably has it should be. They have sacked a marmite Manager and appointed there no 1 target DA . We will shortly see how they intend to help him to help the team.Like many I'm alarmed and genuinely shocked how bad this squad actually are I truly believed we would be challenging at the top end. Since August only Danny Rose has showed any kind of consistency yet at one point or another the rest have all had good games .The worst home defeat in 80 years by a midtable side is the kind of result that gets Manager's sacked. I am not advocating that as these are not his players BUT our Manager needs to quickly realise these players cannot play his style.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 174
Mappers
January 2, 2024, 12:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That's not the same as wanting out of the club is it? And it's something they've said since they took the club over. He's said more about long term plans and improvement than anything else in that interview.

People have their knickers in a twist cos he's said he doesn't read the fishy.

Fair point mate .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 174
jonnyboy82
January 2, 2024, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I have no reason to dislike stockwood infact rather the opposite and I'm very grateful he took the club on BUT on the same hand no one forced him to take this club on .

No one held him at gunpoint when signing the takeover. He chose to take this club on with another investor.  

I am grateful but I also wish he would stop coming across like he's Lord and saviour and using these big words in interviews about his time in investing in companies and like he's not a town fan now , he comes across like he is above the average town fan now.

Jason we are all grateful but we are not going to be on our knees forever, we argue on here but we all love town on here . Owners come and go but you said your one of us so please remember that.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 174
listy
January 2, 2024, 12:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -26
Gold Stars: 3
It Is quite common for companies in industry to change the head of the company every 4 to 5 years. That's What Jason is alluding to and he is trying to treat this as a viable company. Yes he wants investment so he is not spending all his money but being  a lowly div 2 side in a run down part of the country then investment is hard to find. Yes he does like talk and has some solid plans, but it all takes time and money. i do not think he will walk away and he has stated as much but he would like to get the ground and its infostructure solid and safe first as well as trying to get the identity on and off the field hence the B corp.  It was a poor result yesterday but I think we are all aware of the problem Artell has to turn the team around and he also alluded to this in his post match interview. It all takes time as they keep saying its a journey and there will be bumps along the way ie yesterday, Will we stay up? personally i think so, but I am like the rest of us just a supporter on the outside without knowing what's going on inside the club on a day to day basis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 174
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.