Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood pre match

This thread currently has 14,073 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 1, 2024, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 116
Haven't listened to it but did he mention anything about sacking the head of recruitment?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 174
TheRealJohnLewis
January 1, 2024, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from LH

Where do you have a meaningful conversation about football? I don’t think I’ve ever had one that isn’t around 80% banter:15% nonsense:5% fact either in person or any form of media.

My mother-in-law calls football the most important non-important thing in the world and it’s one of the few things she’s right about. It’s relatively meaningless nonsense that we enjoy to make our time on earth less dull. If people want to think they’re intellectually superior to us because they pretend they don’t read this forum then it doesn’t reflect well on them, IMO.

Perfect, proving why Stockwood doesn't and shouldn't waste his time on social media and forums as it's all meaningless.

This "intellectually superior" is rubbish, he hasn't said it or implied it.

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 174
GrimRob
January 1, 2024, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
The Fishy is exactly the same as Facebook and Twitter, you get a few decent people who will listen to arguments and debate, and then you get the majority who just scream and shout and are overly reactionary.

JS's point is dead on, if you want meaningful discussion you don't do it on social media or a forum.

There's nothing like taking an interview out of context and using it wrongly as a stick to beat good people with.

This thread proves his point!

You can't have a meaningful discussion in a Fans Forum either. It's a Question and Answer session (more Answer than Question) not really a discussion. People turn up their noses against social media because they might find extreme points of view or people who are not worth arguing with because they are caught up in their own bubble, but I think on every platform there is more good than bad. The Club puts a huge amount of effort into YouTube and Twitter, they rarely acknowledge replies to any of their content. As Stalin said: "The Party is always right".

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 174
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2024, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,253
Gold Stars: 235

Perfect, proving why Stockwood doesn't and shouldn't waste his time on social media and forums as it's all meaningless.

Did you listen?
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 174
LH
January 1, 2024, 8:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173

Where do you have a meaningful conversation about football? Even football programmes like MOTD are broken down to roughly the ratios I listed above. The only programme on the telly that was anything close to meaningful was Sunday Supplement and they binned it off because it was so dull. I didn’t mean JS specifically either but if the cap fits…
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 174
1mickylyons
January 1, 2024, 8:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Nothing at all wrong with this forum it's a good cross section of the fanbase. We have some posters here I seldom agree with BUT they can stand there corner and give a good balanced reply. When it comes to other things like Ginny points out look at the money raised over a long period of time.Finally amazing how all and sundry stag the fishy off yet they all know what gers said why is that ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 174
It Bites
January 1, 2024, 8:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,194
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Nothing at all wrong with this forum it's a good cross section of the fanbase. We have some posters here I seldom agree with BUT they can stand there corner and give a good balanced reply. When it comes to other things like Ginny points out look at the money raised over a long period of time.Finally amazing how all and sundry stag the fishy off yet they all know what gers said why is that ?

I’ve never met a Town fan that either reads or posts on here but they all tell me it’s a load of tripe 😂
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 174
lew chaterleys lover
January 1, 2024, 8:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

You can't have a meaningful discussion in a Fans Forum either. It's a Question and Answer session (more Answer than Question) not really a discussion. People turn up their noses against social media because they might find extreme points of view or people who are not worth arguing with because they are caught up in their own bubble, but I think on every platform there is more good than bad. The Club puts a huge amount of effort into YouTube and Twitter, they rarely acknowledge replies to any of their content. As Stalin said: "The Party is always right".

Indeed. I'm not sure why Matt Dean singled the Fishy out - every forum in the country has a mixed range of views just like this one, and you hear more extreme views sat in the stands.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 174
1mickylyons
January 1, 2024, 8:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56

Indeed. I'm not sure why Matt Dean singled the Fishy out - every forum in the country has a mixed range of views just like this one, and you hear more extreme views sat in the stands.

A short memory Matt Dean .He was defended to the hilt by most of the posters on here including myself after THAT fans forum. Maybe he and Tondeur should grow a set and ask some taxing questions of these people?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 174
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2024, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190

Matt Dean was unlikely to ask if he goes on Iron Bru!

He said he has interacted with people on here and criticised the level of intellect he had in those interactions, so at some point JS has been a member. Unfortunately, his comments came before our biggest home defeat since the 40's so it is going to get analysed, but I can see why some of the admins and regulars of this forum are annoyed by his comment. I found the call to discuss  with Fishy members face to face a bit passively aggressive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 174
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.