Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Balthazar Bullitt, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, friskneymariner, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Mark GTFC, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, Sussexmariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Zmariner and 1032 Guests

Stockwood pre match

This thread currently has 14,269 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
January 2, 2024, 5:18pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from diehardmariner
Also great to see that his degree in philosophy is now the latest thing to hound him with.

Scotch Eggs, check.
Expensive beer, check.
Brown pointy shoes, check.
Guardian writing/reading, check.

Social Science degree, check.

Next month's hitlist will include Billy Bragg poetry, Tofu on Gluten Free Sourdough and the fact he once watched a documentary on Marx & Engels on BBC Four, the flipping commie!

The bloke's a millionaire businessman and sent large donations to Lisa Nandy's last Labour leadership campaign where she very clearly positioned herself to be on the centre-right of the party. Absolutely mad that some of the braindead on here think he's akin to the second coming of Corbyn simply because he writes a few wishy-washy liberal columns in the Guardian (which hasn't been a left wing newspaper since they shat themselves over the government's response to their Edward Snowdon leaks and let GCHQ and MI5 into their offices to destroy all the leaked evidence they held).

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 174
GrimPol
January 2, 2024, 5:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
I think a new chairman/club spokesman is overdue, which is the plan listening to that.

I always think he comes across as a bit of an arrogant know all, whilst trying to hide it.

I respect that he has an overall plan for the club but the clubs he talks about and aspires to got the essentials in place on the field with good managers and players, before worrying too much about identity and B Corp and had enough money to make things happen.

You can never run before you can walk. He will argue he is trying to put the conditions/identity in place for success to follow, but it looks a little incongruous  when you are perpetually league 2 stragglers.

Both JF and JS were/are shocked by what they got into. In essence, they come from being in full charge of their own destinies to having to explain themselves to fans.
JF tried to run GTFC as fish factory, sweating the assets, penny pinching, and everybody multitasking, hence some jobs were amateurish, like the media/news. In comes a new broom, and I suspect he's running it like an Insurance Agency where Logos, Media/news output and a monthly letter to a newspaper all matter. But there is a cost to this eg Debbie. JS never employed a Debbie, or proper Media types or invested in Data. That costs real money, but comes from the same pot as the Team purchase, so something has got to give. I would be interested in knowing what the expenditure (None Team) increase is at GTFC, since JS left, and there is the point, I was never interested in JF's  Fish Factory nor  JS's B Corp UK organisation, but I'm questioning things at GTFC and both JF and JS didn't/don't like it, hence the tetchyness. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 174
GrimPol
January 2, 2024, 5:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

The bloke's a millionaire businessman and sent large donations to Lisa Nandy's last Labour leadership campaign where she very clearly positioned herself to be on the centre-right of the party. Absolutely mad that some of the braindead on here think he's akin to the second coming of Corbyn simply because he writes a few wishy-washy liberal columns in the Guardian (which hasn't been a left wing newspaper since they shat themselves over the government's response to their Edward Snowdon leaks and let GCHQ and MI5 into their offices to destroy all the leaked evidence they held).

Runs a shady org himself doesn't he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 174
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from GrimPol

Both JF and JS were/are shocked by what they got into. In essence, they come from being in full charge of their own destinies to having to explain themselves to fans.
JF tried to run GTFC as fish factory, sweating the assets, penny pinching, and everybody multitasking, hence some jobs were amateurish, like the media/news. In comes a new broom, and I suspect he's running it like an Insurance Agency where Logos, Media/news output and a monthly letter to a newspaper all matter. But there is a cost to this eg Debbie. JS never employed a Debbie, or proper Media types or invested in Data. That costs real money, but comes from the same pot as the Team purchase, so something has got to give. I would be interested in knowing what the expenditure (None Team) increase is at GTFC, since JS left, and there is the point, I was never interested in JF's  Fish Factory nor  JS's B Corp UK organisation, but I'm questioning things at GTFC and both JF and JS didn't/don't like it, hence the tetchyness. UTM

Sorry I have no idea what you’re on about.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 174
GrimPol
January 2, 2024, 6:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Sorry I have no idea what you’re on about.

I'll write it s l o w l y in big capitals next time so you can keep up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 174
Theimperialcoroner
January 2, 2024, 7:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from GrimPol

Runs a shady org himself doesn't he?

Who runs a shady organisation? If you are suggesting Stockwood or Petit do, then you are crackers.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 174
January 2, 2024, 7:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's highly amusing that when someone makes a point that doesn't correlate with your opinion that they become a 'troll'. There's quite a few threads where you've name called.

As have others.  Odd that you don't pick on those others who call a spade a spade though, isn't it?

Reply: 116 - 174
January 2, 2024, 7:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from Yoda
Black and white bear is a sharp object lol
Always calling posters i suppose he’s over the moon with a 6-1 defeat at home.

Every time you post, you make yourself look even more stupid, if that is possible.

Reply: 117 - 174
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 123614

Every time you post, you make yourself look even more stupid, if that is possible.

Do you and Yoda have a private bet on to see show can get the most red crosses?

You both appear to be in a feeding frenzy today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 174
January 2, 2024, 7:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from HerveJosse

Do you and Yoda have a private bet on to see show can get the most red crosses?

You both appear to be in a feeding frenzy today

Mate, I couldn't give two monkeys f*cks about red crosses and Gold Stars, that's for the kiddies to play with.  So posting my opinions on threads I am interested in is a feeding frenzy, lol.  Some people have strange ideas,

Reply: 119 - 174
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.