Croxton
January 6, 2024, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from rancido

But that's not the point - irrespective of which platform you choose there is no need for posters to be so offensive and insulting. I don't care if other clubs forums are like that - that doesn't concern me, only my clubs forums. Just because other people use that tone there is no excuse to drag things down to their level. It's been mentioned that it's only a few posters but they seem to be more prolific and even that misses the point. Things are said on here anonymously that those same posters would never dare say to their targets face.

Which is why the Fishy has a set of rules. Saw them once but hanged if I can find them now! If a) the forum rules were easily referenced and b) mods enforced them more often, then we could concentrate on footy issues rather than who said what to whom.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 174
lukeo
January 6, 2024, 5:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Fishy is good for news but many folk don’t seem to know how to disagree in a civilised manner.

I'd like to kindly disagree with you here if you do not mind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 174
GrimPol
January 6, 2024, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from chaos33

Look, go back and read. I’ve got no more energy left to converse with an absolute balloon who actually published, and presumably stands by, the opinion that, and I quote:  “B Corp has done more damage to Britain than the Luftwaffe’.

What's true is true.  B Corp has hurt a lot of companies and individual people. It is Sinister. It should be banned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 174
IlkleyMariner
January 6, 2024, 5:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Quoted from lukeo

I'd like to kindly disagree with you here if you do not mind

Of course I don’t mind. And I can spell irony, except it reminds me of Scunthorpe
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 174
IlkleyMariner
January 6, 2024, 5:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Quoted from GrimPol

What's true is true.  B Corp has hurt a lot of companies and individual people. It is Sinister. It should be banned.

Actually I’ve no idea what B corp is and can’t be arsed to find out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 174
RonMariner
January 6, 2024, 5:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,716
Gold Stars: 226

Me neither but I somehow doubt it has killed 70,000 civilians like the Luftwaffe did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 174
January 6, 2024, 7:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimPol

Hahahahah oh dear me. I suppose we should be grateful that this all of two words, full and well-honed riposte is spelt properly.

Again, utter bullshit from you.  Do yourself a favour and stop making a fool of yourself!  It's embarrassing.

Reply: 156 - 174
lew chaterleys lover
January 6, 2024, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,717
Gold Stars: 237

It's an artificial construct, which details the values your company should persue which any normal person would do anyway, but you pay them for the privilege and get an "accreditation " to show your commitment to it.

It used to be known as a "good company to deal with."
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 174
chaos33
January 6, 2024, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

It's an artificial construct, which details the values your company should persue which any normal person would do anyway, but you pay them for the privilege and get an "accreditation " to show your commitment to it.

It used to be known as a "good company to deal with."

That is nothing more than a deliberate or misinformed, crass misrepresentation/over simplification of what it is. Not all organisations are the same and nor should they be. You make it sound like it’s an imposition or a deception, and I’d bet every pound I’ve got that’s because you have concluded that it’s ‘lefty’ or ‘woke’. People can do their own research and they’ll see it much the same as scores of other business/organisation related voluntary ‘charter marks’ or ideals or principles. It’ll suit some. It won’t suit others. It’s not sinister and it’s not compulsory.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 174
cardiffmariner
January 6, 2024, 10:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from GrimPol

You called out my content thus
"You don’t need to do that d**khead….just read back what you’ve written and check it makes sense, rather than being some  rambling, semi-literate, irrelevant b0llocks."

How is anyone to answer that pray tell.?

My god, it’s like kids in the playground. Grow up the pair of you, you’re giving the rest of us a bad name. This he said/she said is really flipping boring for everyone.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 174
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.