Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood pre match

This thread currently has 14,275 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 2, 2024, 12:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That's not the same as wanting out of the club is it? And it's something they've said since they took the club over. He's said more about long term plans and improvement than anything else in that interview.

People have their knickers in a twist cos he's said he doesn't read the fishy.

It’s amazing what a dreadful defeat can do to the minds of people who are normally reasonably sensible posters on the Fishy. To be honest I think Matt Dean gets a minimum of 50% of his questions for Managers and Owners from stuff he’s read on a Fishy thread something he will repeat several times during the transfer window as he regurgitates “fishy rumours”.

All JS is doing is reiterating exactly what he said when taking over the club, he would be Chairman for three years and then review, Chaos sums his position up perfectly above. As for not engaging with the fishy, again as Chaos and others have said, why the hell would he? All he would achieve is another avenue for abuse when things go awry. Not engaging does not mean he doesn’t read it as I am sure Andrew and Debbie do as if you ignore the more venomous trolls you can, on occasions, get reasonable feedback on all things Town.

Christ we now have to wait nearly two weeks for the next match so hopefully a few new faces will arrive to help calm a few contributors down a little.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 174
1mickylyons
January 2, 2024, 1:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I have no reason to dislike stockwood infact rather the opposite and I'm very grateful he took the club on BUT on the same hand no one forced him to take this club on .

No one held him at gunpoint when signing the takeover. He chose to take this club on with another investor.  

I am grateful but I also wish he would stop coming across like he's Lord and saviour and using these big words in interviews about his time in investing in companies and like he's not a town fan now , he comes across like he is above the average town fan now.

Jason we are all grateful but we are not going to be on our knees forever, we argue on here but we all love town on here . Owners come and go but you said your one of us so please remember that.

Exactly right. The fans backed 1878 with record season ticket sales then backed it up the following year. The support has been nothing short of astounding given the fayre on offer.910 to Salford on a Friday night after the 2 performances prior says it all The fans are the best asset this Clubs got they built the Pontoon bought Joe Waters then Ivano then Bogle the fans here always deliver . We just want a team to be proud of again thus is league 2 it shouldn't be so difficult. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 174
Mappers
January 2, 2024, 1:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

It’s amazing what a dreadful defeat can do to the minds of people who are normally reasonably sensible posters on the Fishy. To be honest I think Matt Dean gets a minimum of 50% of his questions for Managers and Owners from stuff he’s read on a Fishy thread something he will repeat several times during the transfer window as he regurgitates “fishy rumours”.

All JS is doing is reiterating exactly what he said when taking over the club, he would be Chairman for three years and then review, Chaos sums his position up perfectly above. As for not engaging with the fishy, again as Chaos and others have said, why the hell would he? All he would achieve is another avenue for abuse when things go awry. Not engaging does not mean he doesn’t read it as I am sure Andrew and Debbie do as if you ignore the more venomous trolls you can, on occasions, get reasonable feedback on all things Town.

Christ we now have to wait nearly two weeks for the next match so hopefully a few new faces will arrive to help calm a few contributors down a little.

Fair post .

I'm feeling it at the moment , I guess we all are . I thought this season would be a big one in a good way ,thought  I knew it . I know the trolls have a field day with this sort of thing ,bits and pieces maybe some even revel in it .

I expected us top 10 minimum with a packed enthusiastic BP most weeks ,big wins and good football . It's been worse than last season no doubt and a major underwhelming experience.  I'm lost for words with what I'm seeing -Walsall was a new low.

We are the laughing stock again and seemingly going into a forest fire of games against all the big one's , in big big trouble I fear for us once more I really do .

It's time for everyone to unite for 6 months at least because another relegation would probably leave us beyond recovery as a football league club .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 174
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I’m not bothered whether he engages or not. What bothers me is the ‘intellectual superiority’ that comes over in interviews. It was evident in the Fans Forum too. There’s a lot of bright people who post on here and there’s a lot of bright people who spend a lot of money on GTFC and he might be wise to not take supporters for granted.

As Gary Croft said yesterday, it doesn’t take many drubbings, particularly at home, to reduce gate receipts. Many people are struggling financially at present and twenty quid plus is hard earned, particularly around here.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 174
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 1:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from chaos33
The thing is….the small handful of people who are, as you say dhm, ‘digging him out’ are the usual suspects who post badly written, spiteful cobblers on here on a reasonably regular basis - usually after a substantial disappointment. We all know who they are. 5 or 6 of them. They voted Brexit. They watch GB News. They service some concept of ‘lefty’ as the actual cause of the things they’re socially angry about, despite not realising that nobody remotely left leaning has had any sort of executive power for a decade and a half, and who can’t evolve their opinions and post a cogent argument.

These are the reasons JS has concluded that being on the fishy isn’t a good idea. And he’s right. I wouldn’t touch it if it were me. Not a platform where someone in his position could have a meaningful and positive, informed discussion about key aspects of GTFC, largely for the reasons ((numb nuts posters) given above, but also because of the format - written posts on a thread by an unseen, anonymous contributor, limited in scope for detail and problematic in terms of discerning tone, subtext, context etc. This is really what he was saying. An Internet forum is not the kind of vehicle he favours for helpful, detailed discussion when time is short and pressure is high. Of course, some folk on here will miss this point (deliberately or not) and paint it their own way - calling him names, assuming his meanings, misrepresenting his intent or integrity; which kind of underlines his point doesn’t it.

Yeah definitely.

I think a more coy, probably smarter, answer would have gone along the lines of 'Oh I don't get chance or the time...' rather than give fuel to those who are just waiting to knock him down.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 174
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 2, 2024, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not bothered whether he engages or not. What bothers me is the ‘intellectual superiority’ that comes over in interviews. It was evident in the Fans Forum too. There’s a lot of bright people who post on here and there’s a lot of bright people who spend a lot of money on GTFC and he might be wise to not take supporters for granted.

As Gary Croft said yesterday, it doesn’t take many drubbings, particularly at home, to reduce gate receipts. Many people are struggling financially at present and twenty quid plus is hard earned, particularly around here.

Not sure where the correlation is between him not engaging on the fishy and taking supporters for granted? I listened to the interview on the way to the match and seem to recall he was complimentary about the fans but, in my opinion, was quite rightly disappointed how quickly the home fans got on certain players backs in the Harrogate game. An opinion many of us commented on here about at the time.

He does like to “quote a quote” and drop in the titles and authors of books he’s read but surely that’s just his character and who he is, certainly doesn’t make me feel inferior as I catch up with the latest edition of Viz!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 174
Sandford1981
January 2, 2024, 2:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Let’s say JS starts to engage with people on here, it would just become a stick to beat him with in the future.

‘ JS should spend less time on the fishy and more time sorting the team out…’

‘ insert generic nonsense here with reference to all or some of the following: B corp, Scotch Eggs, The Guardian, Glass Barriers, Main Stand Posts, lefty, Beetroot, Values, education and so on and so forth.

And then some very original and hilarious person will say ‘ when has your owner engaging on the fishy ever won you 3 points on a Saturday afternoon? ‘

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 174
January 2, 2024, 3:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Sandford1981
Let’s say JS starts to engage with people on here, it would just become a stick to beat him with in the future.

‘ JS should spend less time on the fishy and more time sorting the team out…’

‘ insert generic nonsense here with reference to all or some of the following: B corp, Scotch Eggs, The Guardian, Glass Barriers, Main Stand Posts, lefty, Beetroot, Values, education and so on and so forth.

And then some very original and hilarious person will say ‘ when has your owner engaging on the fishy ever won you 3 points on a Saturday afternoon? ‘

Yes you are right, but the trolls just have to find something/one to spout their garbage on here, so they just pick out someone and vomit absolute rubbish.

Reply: 107 - 174
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2024, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Yes you are right, but the trolls just have to find something/one to spout their garbage on here, so they just pick out someone and vomit absolute rubbish.

It's highly amusing that when someone makes a point that doesn't correlate with your opinion that they become a 'troll'. There's quite a few threads where you've name called.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 174
Yoda
January 2, 2024, 3:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Black and white bear is a sharp object lol
Always calling posters i suppose he’s over the moon with a 6-1 defeat at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 174
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.