Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Stockwood pre match

This thread currently has 14,263 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
January 2, 2024, 10:56am
Guest User
Quoted from Humbercod
Bring back Fenty and the excrement sausage rolls, at least he had a spade in the ground. No chance of a new stadium now, posh scotch eggs is all we have.

Now this is the number one stupidest post I have ever seen on this forum.

Reply: 80 - 174
January 2, 2024, 11:00am
Guest User
Quoted from DB
Since they took over I have always supported JS & AP. and the club certainly needed them. That said I am totally surprised that JS does not want to interact on The Fishy.

What better opportunity than The Fishy with 6,434 members and many non-members who read the comments? How many of those 6,434 have season tickets?, more than JS thinks I believe. How many walk through the turn styles and pay the full price to see a game?

He says he wants to interact with fans and then does not want to come on one of the club's main fan sites. What better place is there for him to interact than the bread and butter fans who live, breathe and eat Grimsby Town?

I'm totally disgusted by him.

David 'Five Names' went down that route at Scunny, didn't work out well.  I don't blame JS for not taking part in Fishy discussions, especially after reading some of the garbage anti JS posters have posted.

Reply: 81 - 174
Mappers
January 2, 2024, 11:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,475
Gold Stars: 119
It's becoming more and more apparent Stockwood want's out , I'm not sure why The Fishy has become a topic of debate it seems a weird angle for conversation in interviews when there are more pressing issues to discuss .

My main concern is the 'look what I have done for you ' (how much money I have put in )angle  is now being thrown in , in every interview , forum or podcast . I get it's probably frustrating having to prop up a mess that wasn't entirely of your own making but it wasn't the fans fault  either was it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 174
DB
January 2, 2024, 11:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 123614

David 'Five Names' went down that route at Scunny, didn't work out well.  I don't blame JS for not taking part in Fishy discussions, especially after reading some of the garbage anti JS posters have posted.

So JS says he wants to interact with fans. There is the twice-yearly fans forum where pre-stated questions can be sent, and an odd few from the people who attend. I don't know of the number, less than 10 I'd say, for JS/AP to answer with others taken by the playing staff and Debbie.

So does he want us to interact with him via the Mariners Trust, RH or by other means? It's alright for him to say he wants to interact but then wants to ignore the main fan's website. We also should not ignore the fact that The Fishy sponsored 1 shirt this year and 2 last year.

Yes, the posts are a bit rough and tumble sometimes, but then you get little gems from Poojah, Ginny Wings and others, which 1878 should take notice of. He quite likes having letters in the Guardian, so do we have to get a copy of the Guardian every day to see if he has had any letters published?

Surely if he wants to interact with real fans then some sort of letter/comments would be better on The Fishy.

Will I still support him and AP? Yes of course I will but someone with a degree in philosophy should think more before he speaks.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 174
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from moosey_club

Maybe give KLF a ring, they love burning money and the half time music would be upbeat.

Excellent reference.

It's not just the Scotch Eggs and perspex screens in the Upper that have improved since 1878 took over.  The music pre-game, at half-time and post-game is the best I can remember in a long time.

Private Message
Reply: 84 - 174
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Mappers
It's becoming more and more apparent Stockwood want's out , I'm not sure why The Fishy has become a topic of debate it seems a weird angle for conversation in interviews when there are more pressing issues to discuss .

My main concern is the 'look what I have done for you ' (how much money I have put in )angle  is now being thrown in , in every interview , forum or podcast . I get it's probably frustrating having to prop up a mess that wasn't entirely of your own making but it wasn't the fans fault  either was it.

I dont quite get this. Isn’t this just a mixture of received opinion, inference and anger? Where is JS irrefutably doing any of this or giving the impression he ‘wants out’? Isn’t this just little more than a combination of people being angry and wanting a scapegoat, and then speculating/having their chain pulled?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 174
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Hmm.

I listened to that interview and whilst I'm a fan of Stockwood it left me feeling a little bit cold to be honest.

Naïve is probably the best term I could give to describe how it came across.  I don't think it's arrogant, but definitely got the potential to rub people up the wrong way, as it clearly has.  To suggest that the fans forum, which is largely pointless, gives more value and insight than this forum is at best a bit blinkered.

What I would say is that I'm not sure what more Stockwood can say.  I've said it before but why are Humberside interviewing him every five minutes?  All the updates are exactly the same and it feels like the media outlets are just desperate to get something, anything out of him.  He's well spoken and he's not shy of speaking to the media, perhaps you could go as far as saying he enjoys that side of it (that's not a criticism either).  He'll always give the press something and he's clearly happy to do so.  But less is more.  It's ok giving little soundbites when times are good and/or there's something to up date on.  But a needless recap of the year to fill 20 minutes of Humberside's time and answering dogshit questions like 'Do you read the Fishy?' is just going to fuel the fires when people are already drunk off and there's no fresh updates.  

That said, I really don't like how there seems to be a growing trend to dig him out.  It's certainly becoming more and more frequent and not just from the usual Fenty-bummers.  
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 174
GYinScuntland
January 2, 2024, 11:33am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
These Scotch eggs that people keep referring to.. I've not tried them but do they have a nice runny yolk?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 174
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Also great to see that his degree in philosophy is now the latest thing to hound him with.

Scotch Eggs, check.
Expensive beer, check.
Brown pointy shoes, check.
Guardian writing/reading, check.

Social Science degree, check.

Next month's hitlist will include Billy Bragg poetry, Tofu on Gluten Free Sourdough and the fact he once watched a documentary on Marx & Engels on BBC Four, the flipping commie!
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 174
HerveJosse
January 2, 2024, 11:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 123614

So what do you know about the recruiting plans for this window, please tell us if you are 'in the know'.

Also, there are no investors interested atm, we was told that some time ago, you can't MAKE people invest, especially in a club very close to the bottom of League Two.

On your point on investors we were not told that and we don’t know that no one is prepared to invest. What we have been told over the last 2 years is that JS and AP didn’t see the need for new investors and when the time is right the new investors would need to share their values. Most changes of investtors  in a football club come in times of adversity when the existing incumbents want out as happened with Fenty until then external interest goes under the radar or is blocked with phrases like tyre kickers or dont share our values. I doubt this time will be any different.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 174
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood pre match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.