Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is DA a snake oil salesman.

This thread currently has 15,095 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
January 2, 2024, 11:49am
Guest User
Quoted from male private Nale

I will tell you exactly what he signed for , 2k a week for 2 years and a move back home in his own bed every night. He knew exactly what he was walking into when he signed. Do not believe he had ideas of a promotion run unlike half you lot.

Proof please!

Reply: 80 - 159
diehardmariner
January 2, 2024, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from GrimRob

They scored 6 goals from 18 shots. Mansfield had 39 shots, we could easily have lost 10-0 there, when you give sides as many chances as we do. In Paul Hurst's last game by the way the opposition only had 9 shots on goal.

Mansfield are arguably the best side in this division.  Best side I can remember seeing at this level for many a year.

Walsall are the form team in this division at the minute.  

Doncaster (Hurst's last opponents) had just taken a 3-0 pasting at home to Salford when we rocked up there.

The weakness of our spine, which needs addressing and I'm certain Artell will be doing so as we speak, is a concern.  But comparing those two games against Doncaster isn't really like for like.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 159
IlkleyMariner
January 2, 2024, 12:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from 123614

You need to do better research.  The board actually said they wanted to see this style of play, that's another reason why DA was their first choice.  Look it up!

Yes I am aware of that.
But not at any cost
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 159
headingly_mariner
January 2, 2024, 12:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from 123614

Yes, and rightly so, all the goals were the result of individual errors, and the players gave up once we went behind.  And where did he say he was a genius?

No they weren't. They were a catalogue of errors. Much of it was the way Walsall began to press us.
When things go bad, you find out about managers, pointing fingers at the people you manage is not the way to go.

He did nothing to change what was going on. In all his games in charge I don't think we've changed shape once.
Walsall pressed us in and our back 4 had nowhere to go with the ball, we kept turning it over, they kept punishing us. We carried on doing the same thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 159
January 2, 2024, 12:21pm
Guest User
Still in shock as to what I witnessed yesterday. Under normal circumstances that would have usually resulted in the sacking of a manager. I see it's just over a month since he joined.

Also, I thought someone said he was supposed to be animated?

Worrying is understating it. The Notts County game is likely to resemble a live autopsy with no anaesthetic.
Reply: 84 - 159
1mickylyons
January 2, 2024, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 140381
Still in shock as to what I witnessed yesterday. Under normal circumstances that would have usually resulted in the sacking of a manager. I see it's just over a month since he joined.

Also, I thought someone said he was supposed to be animated?

Worrying is understating it. The Notts County game is likely to resemble a live autopsy with no anaesthetic.

The Notts County prediction thread will be interesting reading.For what it's worth I think Town will come out swinging because Notts can't defend either and I forsee a high scoring game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 159
barrattstandman
January 2, 2024, 12:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
If profesional  footballers can not adopt to a different style of play  whay are doing playing profesional  football   Suerly every manager they have played under has a different style .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 159
headingly_mariner
January 2, 2024, 12:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from barrattstandman
If profesional  footballers can not adopt to a different style of play  whay are doing playing profesional  football   Suerly every manager they have played under has a different style .

It's the same for a manager though isn't it? You have to be able to plan and adapt to changes in the game.

Walsall changed and we didn't. Even when the goals were flying in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 159
January 2, 2024, 12:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The Notts County prediction thread will be interesting reading.For what it's worth I think Town will come out swinging because Notts can't defend either and I forsee a high scoring game.

I’ll be delighted if you’re right.
Reply: 88 - 159
1mickylyons
January 2, 2024, 1:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 140381

I’ll be delighted if you’re right.

Lol I'd take a drab 0-0
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.