Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is DA a snake oil salesman.

This thread currently has 15,087 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
January 1, 2024, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
He looked like a rabbit in the headlights talking gibberish. I’m very concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 159
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2024, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
Just listened to him post match and am already tiring of him talking b0ll0cks

Pot, kettle, black.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 159
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2024, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Today was a bad day. Listened to the post match & I actually get what he's on about & confident he has a plan, knows what to do & how. This Christmas period has probably helped him in a perverse way as it’s identified who’s up to it & who’s not for him.

Would love to know though who’s been told they won’t be part of the plan though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 159
heppy88
January 1, 2024, 9:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
For me the post match interview on YouTube was his best to date. I couldn’t disagree with any of what he said and he came across clearly, calmly and to the point. Obviously frustrated with what he had just witnessed, especially the second half, he was able to articulate that in a matter of fact and considered way.

Whether we like it or not the season is “over” and any “success” will be to have survived another season as an EFL club. If he is given the time to mould a team to play his preferred way, that process, at times, is going to be painful to watch. But hopefully more and more we will see glimpses of a side we can all be proud of and bring future success. The road ahead is going to be bumpy, but I hope we will all look back on this period as the beginning of something great. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 159
lew chaterleys lover
January 1, 2024, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Artell is the least of our problems. He has inherited a squad that can't play a long ball game, have very little resilience,  have very little pace and absolutely no devilment in their play. Despite today's capitulation a short passing game suits this squad best and we played it very well until they equalised and collapsed like a soufflé.

We will just have to wait till he gets a better spine to the team and we play the lovely football with more end product.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 159
kevikov
January 1, 2024, 10:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
Definitely no spine, and to me that’s CBs,CM and CF. No disrespect to rose but he can’t do it all on his. We have talent in midfield but they’re mostly younger players. The defence is shocking, to a man shocking. 3-4 players needed.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 159
RonMariner
January 1, 2024, 10:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from heppy88
For me the post match interview on YouTube was his best to date. I couldn’t disagree with any of what he said and he came across clearly, calmly and to the point. Obviously frustrated with what he had just witnessed, especially the second half, he was able to articulate that in a matter of fact and considered way.

Whether we like it or not the season is “over” and any “success” will be to have survived another season as an EFL club. If he is given the time to mould a team to play his preferred way, that process, at times, is going to be painful to watch. But hopefully more and more we will see glimpses of a side we can all be proud of and bring future success. The road ahead is going to be bumpy, but I hope we will all look back on this period as the beginning of something great. UTM

I thought he played a pretty straight bat in the interview. No attempt to sugar coat the performance.  His comment about it confirming what he already thought is a pretty ominous sign for some of the players. He clearly thinks they are not up to it. Whether he can actually replace them in January is another matter. It is not easy. I think our best hope is for a few loanees.

I would like to think the season is over, but it isn't. We are in real danger of relegation. We have three tough games coming up and on today's performance would lose the lot. If we do we might well be perilously close to the drop zone. We are by no means out of the woods.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 159
male private Nale
January 1, 2024, 10:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from mariner91

Literally our only strength is Danny Rose. The poor beggar must be wondering what he’s signed up for.

I will tell you exactly what he signed for , 2k a week for 2 years and a move back home in his own bed every night. He knew exactly what he was walking into when he signed. Do not believe he had ideas of a promotion run unlike half you lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 159
Yoda
January 1, 2024, 11:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
2k a week he’s cheap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 159
Mayaman
January 2, 2024, 1:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from headingly_mariner

And I'm saying none of that means Artell doesn't have any responsibility for the result. Our biggest league loss at home since the 40's?

Just listened to his interview and even more worried now. All the blame piled on the players, no responsibility taken, it was like he's had intercourse all to do with it.

As a said it's too early to tell yet, but there are warning signs he is undoing the good work of the caretaker management team.

I really hope he's the genius he makes out he is.

Damned if he does and damned if he don't.  Earlier, people were saying that they hope he has a go at the players.  I am not a fan of his interviews but he has taken a lot of blame for our performances when the players should have had a little more accountability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.