Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is DA a snake oil salesman.

This thread currently has 14,918 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 3, 2024, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
I don't think we'll get relegated but clearly it's going to be bumpy until we hit the 50 point mark, though I'd be severely p1ssed off if we went down "but played good football". For this season at least I'd be happy with pragmatic safety.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 159
Abdul19
January 3, 2024, 4:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
Has any league 2 team ever been relegated playing good football?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 159
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 3, 2024, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Abdul19
Has any league 2 team ever been relegated playing good football?

The ‘great’ Luton side of 08/09?

They were so watchable they even had Black & White Bear purring like a pre-spayed cat.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 159
MuddyWaters
January 3, 2024, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from davmariner

We might be in the National League by then. Surely that’s staggeringly stupid?

Some might say that those of us who have put up with such dull football for so long are staggeringly stupid.

It’s all about perspective. And yours is very negative.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 159
GrimPol
January 3, 2024, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I don't think we'll get relegated but clearly it's going to be bumpy until we hit the 50 point mark, though I'd be severely p1ssed off if we went down "but played good football". For this season at least I'd be happy with pragmatic safety.

We played well at Salford, be it against a poor side, and 38 mins against Walsall, until we let them equalise by Waterfall who has only 3 gears, its a shame but true. We need a "Sargeant when in the Trenches" but not a slow one.
We can play good football, but not in long enough periods, and I think the January window will disappoint fans as I think the money has been spent on other projects.
So we might get some stop-gap loans or freebies, I think the future is youth. Maybe earlier than anticipated, but at least they won't give up as easily as the oldies. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 159
chaos33
January 3, 2024, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
[quote=140537]

We played well at Salford, be it against a poor side, and 38 mins against Walsall, until we let them equalise by Waterfall who has only 3 gears, its a shame but true. We need a "Sargeant when in the Trenches" but not a slow one.
We can play good football, but not in long enough periods, and I think the January window will disappoint fans as I think the money has been spent on other projects.
So we might get some stop-gap loans or freebies, I think the future is youth. Maybe earlier than anticipated, but at least they won't give up as easily as the oldies. UTM[/

What ‘projects’ are you referring to?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 159
ginnywings
January 3, 2024, 5:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HerveJosse

JS said the decision to relieve PH was stats based based on stats that had been detoriating over 8 weeks before the trigger was pulled . I wonder how the same stats from December on compare.

We have played 10 league games since PH was removed and sit in 14th in the form guide over those 10 games, so not as bad as people imagine. We've lost 3 of those 10, but they have all come in a short space of time over the last couple of weeks, so it feels really gloomy at the moment.

There are 10 teams performing worse over that period, so unless there is a dramatic drop off by us, and/or a dramatic upturn by 10 other teams, we should be fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 159
ginnywings
January 3, 2024, 6:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
[quote=140537]

So we might get some stop-gap loans or freebies, I think the future is youth. Maybe earlier than anticipated, but at least they won't give up as easily as the oldies. UTM[/

What ‘projects’ are you referring to?

I don't think some fans realise that we can only spend 55% of income on the playing squad, and that spending in other areas isn't taking money away from signing players.

There will be scope for signings in Jan. Doubt there will be any fees involved, but there will be some players that can be moved on and replaced I would think. I reckon the management will be laying it on the line for some in the coming week while we have this gap in the fixtures. There are umpteen players in the squad whose contracts expire in June, and I suspect some will be getting told they can move on now if they can get fixed up elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 159
davmariner
January 3, 2024, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Some might say that those of us who have put up with such dull football for so long are staggeringly stupid.

It’s all about perspective. And yours is very negative.

I happen to think your assessment of Hurst’s football is extremely negative and quite frankly, nonsense - like most of your posts on here.

I didn’t see many people saying that when we beat Southampton at St Mary’s and had a day out in Brighton. Not to mention the excellent play off campaign.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 159
MuddyWaters
January 3, 2024, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from davmariner

I happen to think your assessment of Hurst’s football is extremely negative and quite frankly, nonsense - like most of your posts on here.

I didn’t see many people saying that when we beat Southampton at St Mary’s and had a day out in Brighton. Not to mention the excellent play off campaign.

Here we go. Because you disagree, I talk nonsense. I suppose I was wrong when I called out Fenty too?
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.