Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is DA a snake oil salesman.

This thread currently has 14,913 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
January 1, 2024, 6:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from headingly_mariner

We got beat 6-1!

I never said we didn't. I merely pointed out that all the players who played today were players that had either been brought in by Hurst or were part of his plans.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 159
LH
January 1, 2024, 6:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173

Universally described as the best squad we've assembled in years.

Recently described as a decent squad for a new manager after our caretakers got a tune out of them.

Artell has come out and blamed the players but it was tactical flipping suicide in the 2nd half

And at 0-0 and 1-0 today they did look good. Throw a bit of adversity in there and they go to excrement = bottlers.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 159
GrimRob
January 1, 2024, 6:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,413
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

How many of the players were brought to the club by DA ? What happened today was typical of Hurst's teams from earlier in their season - early lead and then capitulate.

There's a huge difference to surrendering a 1 goal lead and getting a draw or losing by the odd goal to the game being put beyond sight with half an hour to play. Hurst was a cautious manager and we rarely were heavily beaten. The only thing that will keep us up this season is the points secured before DA's madcap system took hold of the club, but even then we are relying on the bottom 3 not improving. If he were given a full season with this approach we'd be down by February. There's absolutely no way we are going to pick up half a dozen players who are match-fit in January and not wanted by their clubs, yet comfortable to play out for the back in a relegation dogfight. I'll be amazed if he is still here on 1st January next year.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 159
mariner91
January 1, 2024, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262

Universally described as the best squad we've assembled in years.

Recently described as a decent squad for a new manager after our caretakers got a tune out of them.

Artell has come out and blamed the players but it was tactical flipping suicide in the 2nd half

Where has this “got a tune out of them” come from? They literally managed one good game and performance. Now I’m not downplaying how well we did against Morecambe but besides that their record reads as a fooking horrendous draw away to a shite part-time team, a miserable draw at home to the team bottom of the table and struggled to a 2-2 draw away at another team in the relegation zone. We did beat Slough 7-2 but even in that game gifted them two goals in the first half to make it far less comfortable than the score line suggests.

All season, no matter who is in charge out of the three hot seat incumbents, this team has flattered to deceive. The odd good performance here and there but generally capitulating and not showing anything like enough application too often.

As a squad it is unbalanced, severely lacking in leadership, mentally weak and physically lacking. You can describe it how you like but this squad has relegation written right through it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 159
GhostDan
January 1, 2024, 6:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
I’ve nothing against Artell and hope it all works out but I really struggle with his interviews - I couldn’t make it past 30 seconds of the post match when he mentioned “the first half at Mansfield” again, it gets more and more bizarre each time. They had 39 flipping shots at goal and took the urine most of the second half.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 159
RonMariner
January 1, 2024, 6:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HerveJosse

Elisa may be ok but we have Eisa

People like Elisa often do little.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 159
exiledmeggie
January 1, 2024, 6:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -226
Gold Stars: 19
It’s a good job that Hurst is no longer here, otherwise they’d be no one else to blame!

The reality is that we are heading back to non league unless we get behind DA, and get this thing started.

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 159
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2024, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
He’s been tasked with getting us playing better football. He’s also inherited what appears to be a poor set of players with no leaders apart from Rose at the wrong end of the pitch.

He’s got a lot of work to do and moaning about him won’t help as he’ll be going nowhere. This is an 1878 appointment and they’ll give him every chance to succeed. Amazing how many on here got overexcited by Friday and are wetting their nappies tonight. A lot of this squad played non league for us.

We all know there’s players who aren’t up to playing the way he wants, he’ll just need to get a few more bodies than maybe the owners wanted.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 159
headingly_mariner
January 1, 2024, 6:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

I never said we didn't. I merely pointed out that all the players who played today were players that had either been brought in by Hurst or were part of his plans.

And I'm saying none of that means Artell doesn't have any responsibility for the result. Our biggest league loss at home since the 40's?

Just listened to his interview and even more worried now. All the blame piled on the players, no responsibility taken, it was like he's had intercourse all to do with it.

As a said it's too early to tell yet, but there are warning signs he is undoing the good work of the caretaker management team.

I really hope he's the genius he makes out he is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 159
Chrisblor
January 1, 2024, 6:57pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GhostDan
I’ve nothing against Artell and hope it all works out but I really struggle with his interviews - I couldn’t make it past 30 seconds of the post match when he mentioned “the first half at Mansfield” again, it gets more and more bizarre each time. They had 39 flipping shots at goal and took the urine most of the second half.  

He's right about the first half at Mansfield. We hit the bar, post and forced their keeper into three very good saves on top. They had a load of possession but *in the first half specifically* Cartwright didn't have a massive load of stuff to do and individual mistakes from Town players (and a good finish for their second) were to blame for both goals. He's said the second half was unacceptable but there's a bunch of clowns just cherry picking parts of interviews and using them out of context to moan.

There's a load of utter drivel being written about Artell on here lately, absolutely ridiculous to be questioning him when he's inherited a squad full of shite and has in some of the few games he's been in charge for has managed to get a performance out of them (MK & Salford away, Crewe at home, and tbqh we were decent against Oxford too even if we did lose).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.