Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is DA a snake oil salesman.

This thread currently has 14,911 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
tarka
January 1, 2024, 6:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
What really worried me was the body laguage of our players after they scored the equaliser...we were already beaten.

I really hope I am wrong (I was buzzing after the Salford win but, in truth, they were little short of appalling). Occasionally the football is a joy to behold but we are all style and no substance. Fur coat and no knickers. There is no backbone to the team.  There is just something about this set up which makes me think this is going to be a bloody disaster.

As I say...I hope I am wrong.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 159
FishySmithy
January 1, 2024, 6:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
I would say that he needs his own Assistant Manager to help with the process who gets his style of play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 159
mariner91
January 1, 2024, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That's just balderdash, there's no way a Hurst side are losing 6-1 at home, regardless of the players.

It's too early to tell on Artell but it's not Hurst's fault we were beaten 6-1 today

It’s Hurst’s fault we have an unbalanced squad full of bottlers though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 159
rancido
January 1, 2024, 6:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That's just balderdash, there's no way a Hurst side are losing 6-1 at home, regardless of the players.

It's too early to tell on Artell but it's not Hurst's fault we were beaten 6-1 today

How many of the players were brought to the club by DA ? What happened today was typical of Hurst's teams from earlier in their season - early lead and then capitulate. The only difference today was that Walsall punished us for every mistake we made.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 159
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2024, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91

Agree completely, but to play out you need two decent centre backs and I’m not sure why he can’t recognise ours are NL level and aren’t capable.

But you’re bang on this side has too many finger pointers.

When 1878 have spent money on BP did they remove the kitchen sink or was it that there was nobody willing to find it and throw it into the game when we needed it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 159
oochiad
January 1, 2024, 6:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
At 1-0 we inexplicably sat back, gave away silly free kicks and then of course our Mr dependable Waterfall was exposed for his biggest weakness, speed. From then on we failed to lay a glove on them. A terrible afternoon for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 159
headingly_mariner
January 1, 2024, 6:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

How many of the players were brought to the club by DA ? What happened today was typical of Hurst's teams from earlier in their season - early lead and then capitulate. The only difference today was that Walsall punished us for every mistake we made.

We got beat 6-1!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 159
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 1, 2024, 6:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
In reality until they scored we didn’t look that bad and had put together some decent moves including the one that led to the goal. Watching Luke trying to get to the ball in front of the Findus was in many ways just demoralising for both him and the team but nobody came over to assist once he was beaten and the guy just had a free run at goal. Second goal was Glennon doing another sloppy pass into no-one and within 20 seconds it’s in our net. Eisa for the third, poor control led to the penalty and crap marking for the fifth and I was going past Caistor when the sixth went in.

Conteh, who I rate highly, was just lost playing further forward, Andrews control was poor and no physicality and Green did great for the goal but is not the man to take the ball off the back four. Clifton and Eisa offered nothing and for Rose to get 11 goals by now shows we have at least one decent player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 159
HerveJosse
January 1, 2024, 6:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Yoda
Rose is good
Elisa is ok
Couldn’t care if the rest went.

DA is paid 150k a year to sort out our squad so crack on.

Elisa may be ok but we have Eisa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 159
headingly_mariner
January 1, 2024, 6:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mariner91

Universally described as the best squad we've assembled in years.

Recently described as a decent squad for a new manager after our caretakers got a tune out of them.

Artell has come out and blamed the players but it was tactical flipping suicide in the 2nd half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is DA a snake oil salesman.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.