Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)

This thread currently has 15,421 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
October 28, 2023, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from Heisenberg
Darryl Clarke, anyone? My gut instinct is “yes”, but then again I was giddy when Holloway joined, so what do I know?

Either way, as much as I liked hurst and I am saddened, this is a new start. Hurst was taking us down. Again. His main achievements were in non league, and that’s not enough for us as a club. I’m now excited about the future, onwards and upwards.

Already in at Cheltenham, turning it round too.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 138
louth_in_the_south
October 28, 2023, 7:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,709
Gold Stars: 96
The reality of being a manager is you’re prepared for the sack at some point

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 138
Boonsy
October 28, 2023, 7:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 2
Be careful what you wish for. Now watch all the feeble comments of “he was a good and decent manage” “it’s a shame”. You asked for it. And now you have his head. As I say you get what you wish for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 138
Heisenberg
October 28, 2023, 7:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from diehardmariner

Already in at Cheltenham, turning it round too.

Wow, I didn’t know that. The fact he got a job right away tells us everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 138
spuggybridge
October 28, 2023, 7:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +41
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mappers

It's all about opinion isn't it - I get people that didn't like the style ,especially at home . But I liked performances like today - organisation,gritty with the odd passage of good football .

My worry is league 2 in the main is so scrappy whoever is manager , to have any success the template is pretty basic unless you go down the Notts or Mansfied route ; but i assume they have hefty budgets .

Good point, we are now going to have to grind out some results from somewhere, hopefully then we'll be able to play more attractive (eye pleasing) football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 138
Mappers
October 28, 2023, 7:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Boonsy
Be careful what you wish for. Now watch all the feeble comments of “he was a good and decent manage” “it’s a shame”. You asked for it. And now you have his head. As I say you get what you wish for.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing , we don't know what Paul would have done in the next 30 league games ; fortunately/unfortunately we will never know . It's over to the owners now .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 138
mariner91
October 28, 2023, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Boonsy

The trajectory he was taking us was back to the national league with very little to suggest it was turning around. So either he’s not getting enough out of the players or he’s assembled a very poor squad. Both of those would be sackable offences. As it is I believe it’s a combination of the two. A squad that has been built poorly with some glaring deficiencies but he’s also not worked out how to get a song from the decent players we do have. And he had said himself he was out of ideas. Right decision to get rid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 138
Nelly GTFC
October 28, 2023, 7:40pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,757
Gold Stars: 31
Tweet 1718314130292044042 will appear here...

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 138
Withnail
October 28, 2023, 7:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Sad day. I feel for Hurst. But as has been said countless times it was inevitable as the tide had turned against him and the results don't lie.

To those saying at least we won't go down now, I'd say the chance of us going down has actually increased at the present time.

Hopefully Hurst's replacement's the right one and he can get a tune out of a bunch he inherited rather than wanted and quickly plug any gaps.

My beer tonight is certainly not celebratory.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 138
Azimuth
October 28, 2023, 7:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
First of all I have been saying for weeks Paul Hurst should have gone, that said I am sad for Paul and do wish him the very best of luck, he is a honourable man and a very genuine guy.
Unfortunately we have come to the end of the road and GTFC and the supporters have to look at this season so far and the future, I feel that in acting swiftly the current custodians are giving the club the best opportunity to progress and survive in League 2.
Good luck Paul and Chris, thank you for your service and integrity and sorry it hasnt worked out for us all this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.