Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)

This thread currently has 15,252 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 3:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Listen to the interview. They were hoping for a result and had that happened do you think they would have bombed down the tunnel. Emotive me thinks it was.
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 138
chaos33
October 29, 2023, 3:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I don’t think you’re getting it. They will have planned for various outcomes. A strong performance - a turnaround, a win….they would have persevered. They obviously planned for every scenario and that’s reassuring. I don’t see what the challenge is.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 138
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 3:28am
Lager Top Drinker
Sure  
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 138
grimps
October 29, 2023, 4:13am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
The only data they was looking at was the league table
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 138
Brummie Codfather
October 29, 2023, 7:23am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +853
I’m sad for Hurst (& Doig, if he knows they’ve left the club yet),  they’ve given me pretty much all my great memories as a Town fan & I really wanted them to succeed.
I do think that recently football has changed & they haven’t adapted, the 5 sub rule means you can change half your outfield team & that has completely negated Hurst’s reliance on out working the other team.  You can be fit as hell, but if the other side has 5 fresh players & you either don’t have the right replacements or won’t bring them on, you’ll not be able to keep up.
The other thing I think has cost them is bringing in creative talent like Hunt & Glennon & not being able to get them to work with the team.
I wish them the best & hope the owners get the replacement right.  They’ve definitely done it at the right time, to give time to find a new manager and let them have enough time to assess the squad before January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 138
GollyGTFC
October 29, 2023, 8:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Sad, but inevitable, news. Paul Hurst rescued this club from the mire and should be thanked and respected. I don’t know what has caused the recent run of poor results but I think it is right to intervene before the situation is irretrievable. The players were not responding to Paul’s tactics/selection and it’s time to change the manager. Regretful. I hope we get the right person to turn around the results. It couldn’t go on the way it was.

Yeah, he took over a struggling team in 22nd place in League 2 and 34 months later left a struggling team in 21st place in League 2.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 125 - 138
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 8:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yeah, he took over a struggling team in 22nd place in League 2 and 34 months later left a struggling team in 21st place in League 2.

But 4 points only clear of BOTTOM not 6 CLEAR of relegation and at the same stage of the season we are in a worse position.

See the DATA  
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 138
GollyGTFC
October 29, 2023, 8:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from GibMariner

But 4 points only clear of BOTTOM not 6 CLEAR of relegation and at the same stage of the season we are in a worse position.

See the DATA  

Actually, when Paul Hurst was apppointed we were 3 points clear of Stevenage (23rd) in the table, but they had 2 games in hand on us. Southend were 4 points behind us, but with only 1 game in hand.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 127 - 138
GibMariner
October 29, 2023, 8:27am
Lager Top Drinker
Thanks Golly that’s the beauty of data
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 138
rancido
October 29, 2023, 8:44am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mappers

Well said Tommy , well said .

Maybe but you have to take in context the reason why PH left. He had just got us promoted back into the FL and felt that he needed an upgraded training regime and facility. This was a fair request seeing as the FL2 had moved on during our stay in non- league. The result was , as far as I recall, The Leech providing an upgraded portakabin for Cheapside. He probably felt let down and the opportunity to manage a team in the league above was a no-brainer. Do you not think that our current board have made some enquiries about a future manager prior to the dismissal of PH? They certainly don't seem the kind of people to make a knee- jerk decision and then say " what do we do now?"
And those talking about PH being a "National League manager" , he certainly proved at Shrewsbury that he could succeed at that level. Most people thought that Shrewsbury were dead certs for relegation but he saved them and then followed that up with getting them in the play- offs the following season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 138
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.