Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)

This thread currently has 15,420 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
jaygy
October 28, 2023, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
*breaking news* Chris Doig still sat on the team bus waiting for PH to join him and the rest of the squad for the journey home. Nobody dares tell him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 138
diehardmariner
October 28, 2023, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from male private Nale

Wow, reign it in,  it is only football, he will walk away with a decent pay off and be back in a job before the seasons over.

You sound like you are gonna organise a vigil.

MegaLOL!

The irony from the guy still pining for his former master nearly 3 years on.  He ditched you Nick, you don't have to keep fighting his pointless battle. I don't even think he's fighting that battle anymore.  I mean, does he even return your calls anymore?

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 138
GrimExile
October 28, 2023, 6:17pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I’m saddened but I guess on balance it’s the right decision. However it’s amazing that the apparent hatred for Hurst for the last few weeks with people screaming for his head suddenly becomes sympathy when he does get sacked. I like others only wish him the best for the future, and Chris Doig too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 138
RonMariner
October 28, 2023, 6:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
It's very sad. But as I said in another thread, it was starting to resemble the Neil Woods situation which took us down in 2010.  The board didn't act on the warning signs then and we paid the price.

The board has taken a very tough but I think necessary decision. Now we have a chance to bring in a new manager in time for him to bring in players in the January window,.  It's possible a change of tactics might get better results from the players we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 138
GrimExile
October 28, 2023, 6:19pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from RonMariner
It's very sad. But as I said in another thread, it was starting to resemble the Neil Woods situation which took us down in 2010.  The board didn't act on the warning signs then and we paid the price.

The board has taken a very tough but I think necessary decision. Now we have a chance to bring in a new manager in time for him to bring in players in the January window,.  It's possible a change of tactics might get better results from the players we have.

Good post, I agree with every word.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 138
realist
October 28, 2023, 6:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I am going to celebrate tonight because it means we have a better chance of avoiding relegation, and it is the last link with Fenty gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 138
Limerick Mariner
October 28, 2023, 6:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Has left us with some great lifelong memories. The playoff campaign and night at Soton are up there with the best of the  Lawrie Mc, George Kerr and Alan Buckley times.

I thought the players were still playing for him today. Couldn’t fault the effort, but some are just not good enough. If 1878 had doubts about giving him another transfer window then it’s right that they acted decisively now so the new guy can assess the squad.

We all were happy that we did the business early in the summer but we seem to have lost our resilience of last season without gaining the quality we needed. That for me has been PHs downfall, not the tinkering with the formation of the last few weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 138
chaos33
October 28, 2023, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from diehardmariner

MegaLOL!

The irony from the guy still pining for his former master nearly 3 years on.  He ditched you Nick, you don't have to keep fighting his pointless battle. I don't even think he's fighting that battle anymore.  I mean, does he even return your calls anymore?

Jilted.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 138
pontoonlew
October 28, 2023, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
He’s a properly good National League manager but just not good enough for the EFL.

I feel like he’s left us with some decent players and I’m excited to see who we bring in next, I think whoever that is should be pretty excited too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 138
denni266
October 28, 2023, 6:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
We all knew it was coming and he must have done . A nice man he may be but his way of playing was not what we wanted in the whole . And we are stairing down the big black hole again thanks to him so had to go.  Wish him luck in the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst Sacked (MERGED)

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.