GrimPol
October 1, 2023, 12:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from denni266

Well thanks for that . I try my best . One think for sure is the way things are  they are not working are they ??????

Correct.  
Reminds me of the old surgeon joke, when asked how the operation went. His reply was it was textbook, the sutures were neat, no complications, and the rest of the team did everything right, I was satisfied with this perfect operation.
Unfortunately, the patient died.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 125
lukeo
October 1, 2023, 12:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Dodorondon
Would be interested to know from others how we fit Rose and Wilson together. Do we go 442 like so many of Hurst’s previous teams, with one winger and the other wide man in a narrower role. If we stick to 4141 with Rose behind Wilson, or vice versa, who drops out of midfield? Any thoughts?

For me... flat back 4. 2 semi sitting. Rose close behind Wilson with Khan and Eisa out wide as high up as the other 2.
Watching the way Wilson and Rose played yesterday, Rose has vision and can hold it up etc. Whereas Wilson looked more direct. I'd love to see us do what we did 2nd half yesterday and commit more men forward.
2 cdms
1 cam (Rose but really close up to Wilson)
3 - 2 wide men with Wilson central.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 125
Kris2
October 1, 2023, 1:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from denni266

Well thanks for that . I try my best . One think for sure is the way things are  they are not working are they ??????

It's hard to take your opinions objectively when you've had it in for Hurst for years now and was furious about him returning. Did he make you mad when he said the fans are "spoiled" being a big team in the NL? Does it still hurt that he didn't get down on his knees and tell you how good you are for buying a ticket? Holloway and Jolley did that and they were excrement managers.

If we are going on football expertise, I got my town team promoted to the championship as champions of L1 in FM so maybe I should take the job instead of Hurst since I clearly know more about football management and running a successful team than he does.  
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 125
FishySmithy
October 1, 2023, 1:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Again unpopular opinion Clifton gets an easy ride as he is one of our own, he is massively overrated and his first touch and passing is shocking makes up for lack of quality with effort and endurance. Would like to see a side without him in it for a while at some point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 125
ska face
October 1, 2023, 1:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from GrimPol

Correct.  
Reminds me of the old surgeon joke, when asked how the operation went. His reply was it was textbook, the sutures were neat, no complications, and the rest of the team did everything right, I was satisfied with this perfect operation.
Unfortunately, the patient died.

I wouldn’t open with it…
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 125
Northbank Mariner
October 1, 2023, 2:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,473
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ginnywings

Wrexham were down to 10 men early, but still managed a draw. Colchester actually scored 5, but conceded 4, so tight game, and Swindon never conceded 5 against Sutton as they are unbeaten all season.

We have had a tough start; that can't be denied.

On your last point, that you are not going to accept it. What are you going to do other than accept it? I'm curious. Yourself and Denni seem to think that other fans are happy with the way things are going, but we're not. This happy clapper bollox is just that; bollox.

Yeah, sorry it was actually 3, although Wrexham put 5 past them, which proves my point even more, we are f@cking useless in front of goal!!...
I'll tell you what, I'll just sit there and go "oh well, never mind, we only lost again, always next week" or i can show some passion from the stands and let those at the club know I'm not happy.

Have I called anybody, or even used the term "happy clapper"?...
I've supported this club for 50 years, through thick, thin and mud, and I will continue to do so, and I will always show passion, be that berating them when they are sh!te or applauding when we play well...what I won't to do is just turn up abd watch the game like I'm wearing a mask, sat on my hands with my tongue tied!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 125
ginnywings
October 1, 2023, 3:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Yeah, sorry it was actually 3, although Wrexham put 5 past them, which proves my point even more, we are f@cking useless in front of goal!!...
I'll tell you what, I'll just sit there and go "oh well, never mind, we only lost again, always next week" or i can show some passion from the stands and let those at the club know I'm not happy.

Have I called anybody, or even used the term "happy clapper"?...
I've supported this club for 50 years, through thick, thin and mud, and I will continue to do so, and I will always show passion, be that berating them when they are sh!te or applauding when we play well...what I won't to do is just turn up abd watch the game like I'm wearing a mask, sat on my hands with my tongue tied!!

This is my 52nd season, so I've been right there with you.

Whether you scream and shout like you, or sit and watch stoically like me, the outcomes are the same.

All we can do as fans is support the team and hope the board and manager get it right, and for me, they haven't got it wrong enough, for long enough as yet to warrant a change of manager or direction.

You feel differently and that is your prerogative, but because some of us don't jump up and down and demand changes, doesn't mean we are saps who are happy with where we are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 125
golfer
October 1, 2023, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Despite all the fanfare when we signed them the players haven't been good enough. Hurst wanted to play a more expansive game with better players but they are not good enough to play like that.

Eisa has been good by virtue of his individual brilliance and Conteh for his Interceptions but after that?

He will have to change to two up top and adjust the system because we haven't got the passing the fluidity or pace to play as he wants.

How on earth did this post get 12 red x's for stating the obvious. Have the players been good enough ?  You don't get a banquet fit for a king if the cooks are shite no matter how good the maitre d is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 125
lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2023, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from golfer

How on earth did this post get 12 red x's for stating the obvious. Have the players been good enough ?  You don't get a banquet fit for a king if the cooks are shite no matter how good the maitre d is

Hear! Hear!

It's obviously not a popular opinion and perhaps some of the signings might show more in a different set up, but I can't see a discernable improvement apart from on paper.

We didn't see anything from Vernam when he was fit. Pyke I don't think we will see much of in the striker role he was bought for, goalkeeper certainly no better than Crocome, Arthur G not sure of a place, Mullarkey OK and Rodgers, Rose completely isolated and playing a role he is unsuited for (not his fault).

It may all click in which case I will comment on that but apart from Conteh and Eisa the rest have been average so far.

Private Message
Reply: 88 - 125
Mappers
October 1, 2023, 7:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,333
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ginnywings

This is my 52nd season, so I've been right there with you.

Whether you scream and shout like you, or sit and watch stoically like me, the outcomes are the same.

All we can do as fans is support the team and hope the board and manager get it right, and for me, they haven't got it wrong enough, for long enough as yet to warrant a change of manager or direction.

You feel differently and that is your prerogative, but because some of us don't jump up and down and demand changes, doesn't mean we are saps who are happy with where we are.

My first season (that I remember properly ) was 89-90 , that and the following season were our last 2 automatic promotions - I don't think wanting / expecting a third one in 35 years is too much of an ask - I expect one in division 4 within the next 3 or 4 years if we don't make it up via the play-offs somehow .

Feel like we have the capability to compete at league 1 level ,even if it's as a lower to mid end team - I would be delighted with that and would not have anymore major expectations as we stand now .

We have been in division 4 and 5 for the majority of the last 20 years , division 3 for the next 10 would do me .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.