Hagrid
September 30, 2023, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
Frustration more than anger this week.

We’ve done more than enough there to come away with at least a point, but our newly found inability to defend and achilles heel of not putting gilt edged chances away cost us.

Defending for both goals was really poor, Waterfall in particular for the 2nd, and unfortunately he looks like the relegation season Waterfall which is a real shame- side note, i thought Efete had a decent game.

Going forward we missed 3. 3. Sitters, clifton on one occasion, Rose and i think Mullarkey on the other. Just no excusing it. We got a goal back, lovely finish from wilson, and we huffed and puffed, Rodgers just wide, khan just wide, Gav just inches over, so frustrating.

The midfield we started with, Hunt, Clifton & Andrews were completely overrun, and the changes helped us, Harry looks a player devoid of confidence, and Hunt was just non existant. No way on earth should Gav have been on the bench.

I still back PH, I always have and I always will, I do not think we are far off a good side, and I believe he’s the right man to be at the helm, but he must go 2 up top on Tuesday. He must.

Calls on social media are getting louder for him to go, You’re just labelled a happy clapper if you disagree unfortuantely
Logged Offline
Private Message
AncientExiledMariner
September 30, 2023, 5:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
I'd get off social media then. It's just toxic. Pure negativity.

I'll personally support the team and manager, and I see no reason after that tricky starting run and injuries as to why he cannot turn it around.

I agree with most of this. We have Wilson and Khan back and getting fitter. Not sure if Wilson is ready for a full game yet, but we can change a match with substitutions now. Confidence is definitely a problem. Right now it isn't working for Waterfall, Glennon, Clifton, Hunt, and not sure why Amos isn't being played, but hopefully they can find it and get it back.

Hopefully Conteh and Maher back for next match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 125
Limerick Mariner
September 30, 2023, 5:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Hagrid
Frustration more than anger this week.

We’ve done more than enough there to come away with at least a point, but our newly found inability to defend and achilles heel of not putting gilt edged chances away cost us.

Defending for both goals was really poor, Waterfall in particular for the 2nd, and unfortunately he looks like the relegation season Waterfall which is a real shame- side note, i thought Efete had a decent game.

Going forward we missed 3. 3. Sitters, clifton on one occasion, Rose and i think Mullarkey on the other. Just no excusing it. We got a goal back, lovely finish from wilson, and we huffed and puffed, Rodgers just wide, khan just wide, Gav just inches over, so frustrating.

The midfield we started with, Hunt, Clifton & Andrews were completely overrun, and the changes helped us, Harry looks a player devoid of confidence, and Hunt was just non existant. No way on earth should Gav have been on the bench.

I still back PH, I always have and I always will, I do not think we are far off a good side, and I believe he’s the right man to be at the helm, but he must go 2 up top on Tuesday. He must.

Calls on social media are getting louder for him to go, You’re a happy clapper if you disagree unfortuantely

One just needs to reflect on our observations on here regarding social media on the Scunthorpe thread…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 125
fishcake63
September 30, 2023, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
On the coach we did ok disagree with hagrid think rodgers must smell danger quicker on 2nd goal not switched on , negative for me was harry really struggling & i'm his biggest fan also we would should really be talking about at least a good point we cant miss sitters with keeper layed on floor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 125
pontoonlew
September 30, 2023, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,038
Gold Stars: 177
I think the overall feeling for me is disappointment that we’re clearly just not good enough to be up there this season, we look very beatable for all the decent sides yet nowhere near bad enough to worry about relegation. 10 games in it just feels as inevitable as the past 3 games have.

Swindon just made it look easy enough to put away chances and we made it look so bloody hard. Wilson’s goal was the most natural forward play I’ve seen in 2 seasons, promising it may be but it’s a reflection of just how toothless we’ve been.

There are positives and there were today, but every decent opposition just puts us at arms length. Wrexham have conceded 8 goals since we played them 2 weeks ago and got absolutely nowhere near scoring, that tells you all you need to know.

As far as individuals go, I thought Rodgers, Efete, Mullarkey and Andrews all had good games. Wilsons finish was very good and Holohan looked good in a short spell. Hunt was poor and Clifton is back to running around whilst looking so wasteful in possession.

The one thing I’m clinging onto is the fact our opening games have been ridiculously tough in hindsight, but I feel our decision to sign a load of triers in pre season and fall short in creativity will again let us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 125
heppy88
September 30, 2023, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Hagrid
……but our newly found inability to defend and achilles heel of not putting gilt edged chances away cost us.

A recipe for disaster. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing well, deserve to win or draw. If your above quote continues throughout the season then we are down. Again!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 125
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2023, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Struggling to accept that we should be accepting of another defeat. We’ve won two of thirteen and that’s simply not good enough. I’m grateful for what Hurst has done but we’re in virtually the same league position as when he took over. Enough is enough.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 125
ginnywings
September 30, 2023, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from heppy88

A recipe for disaster. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing well, deserve to win or draw. If your above quote continues throughout the season then we are down. Again!

Even at the current rate, we would hit 46 points, so even a slight improvement would get us over 50 easily.

Can't believe that anyone is even contemplating the R word after 10 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 125
September 30, 2023, 6:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Struggling to accept that we should be accepting of another defeat. We’ve won two of thirteen and that’s simply not good enough. I’m grateful for what Hurst has done but we’re in virtually the same league position as when he took over. Enough is enough.

But there are over 30 games left to play, lets see where we are after that.

Reply: 8 - 125
fishcake63
September 30, 2023, 6:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
we will be halfway comfortably it's if that's enough for some , for me think lge two is a difficult place this season & no i'm not a happy clapper but we've been down the route of sacking this manager before & look how that went so be careful what you wish far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 125
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.